Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The general discussion thread within our general discussion.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today is a monumental day for me.  Last year today I received this email    and it was also after one of the darkest periods of my life.landlord In Pittsburgh fucked us all over and man

I miss you guys! How is everyone?  I have been utterly consumed with work and it has been physically and mentally kiwi king my ass. The last few months have been apartment hunting.  We needed some

I finally triggered one of these scam callers hard enough to make him break character and go full Indian ape shit on me. He told me to suck his dick and I was a cock sucker mother fucker and some more

Posted Images

Loss of smell, maybe some fatigue. I wear perfume, not smelling what I sprayed last night was the alert, made a test with fresh spray and could only pick up a little top note and chemical odor.

• Like 2

The loss of small and taste is the most common symptoms i hear from the people who tested positive.  Some sweating and some headaches were the other popular symptoms as well.  But regardless of how severe the covid hit, all equally loss taste and smell.  

11 hours ago, Schnitzel said:

read some good books
 and think about all the walking you'll do once back out.

I have been slacking on the walking, thinking about doing some today but knowing that I am straight COVID+ I figure I will stay home and work on getting my post count up.

GOALS

• Like 2
  • Props 1
27 minutes ago, morton said:

What do you guys think of meal delivery services like Uber eats? I might break my policy and use one.

Expensive but worth it sometimes. Get anything delivered not just pizza or places that do their own delivery. Usually they have a pretty good deal for first time users, costs next to nothing with the promo and they hope it gets you hooked. Door Dash is pretty good too

47 minutes ago, morton said:

What do you guys think of meal delivery services like Uber eats? I might break my policy and use one.

I feel like this discussion was started in another thread somewhere but IMO fuck these delivery companies, think there's been some evidence that they benefit most while businesses and their customers not so much.  I try to order direct from a business and if I'm getting delivery I make sure it's from them and not one of these delivery services.

• Like 2
  • Truth 2

Yes, I have a negative view of them, I will probably not break my policy.

I wish I knew a neighborhood kid that i could pay to go pick up.

The dot.coms always innovating a way to be a middle man.

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

These scammers are getting good. I got a call today from the "electric company" saying that I should have gotten a letter in the mail stating that they were swapping out meters for smart meters. He said I was scheduled to have my service cut off temporarily but since I hadnt responded back to them, they didnt have a meter for me. He said they were going to cancel the cut off but I needed to pay $495 for the upgraded meter and then the $495 would be credited back to my account over the next 3 months.

At first I was thinkin 'bet. No electric bill for the next 3 months.' But then I shook that off and told this dude 'Im happy with my non smart meter, thanks.' He started explaining about how they upgraded their system and it doesnt communicate with the old meters. I told him I dont give a shit about your companies problems. If you want to upgrade your infrastructure then raise your cost per watt, Im not financing your upgrades out of my pocket to be reimbursed for it later. Fuck you.

Then this dude fucked up and told me that if I dont want to pay the money he will just tell the person to come by and pull my old meter anyway. I told this fuck head to go ahead and send some one over to snatch my meter and not replace it with anything and see what happens. 

I then told the dude I would have to call him back. He gave me a local number to call back and a direct extention to reach him at. I calmed down for a minute and called the number back expecting it to go no where. The nigerian guy answering the phone answered as the fucking electric company. 

If you guys want this number to fuck with these guys here it is:

804-999-8612

• Props 1

Back in the day I had a friend that worked a phone bank selling time life books. I think it paid base 11/hr plus commission per sale. He said there was one employee who was so good that she made enough to drive nice Mercedes, own house etc.

It was his assessment that it came down to the sound and cadence of her voice. I think it is the same with a good con, they got that way of speaking that suspends your faculties.

Lol 500 would be a good hit. Bet in Nigeria you can get a good couple days off party in on that. 

206 million people there, crazy no?

• Truth 1
1 hour ago, morton said:

Yes, I have a negative view of them, I will probably not break my policy.

I wish I knew a neighborhood kid that i could pay to go pick up.

Get on Craigslist.  Bet there's some high school kid that would do it and you give him a check or cash at the end of 2 weeks or order him food too.

49 minutes ago, mr.yuck said:

I then told the dude I would have to call him back. He gave me a local number to call back and a direct extention to reach him at. I calmed down for a minute and called the number back expecting it to go no where. The nigerian guy answering the phone answered as the fucking electric company. 

If you guys want this number to fuck with these guys here it is:

804-999-8612

Too bad destructo league is defunct, it would be funny if we pranked or scammed the scammers.  Even if it was simple shit like everyone agrees to blow up their number at the same date/time with the exact same complaint.  

• Truth 1
1 hour ago, One Man Banned said:

I try to order direct from a business and if I'm getting delivery I make sure it's from them and not one of these delivery services.

yeah individual restaurant delivery seems to be thing of the past.

Was always good fun helping my mate doing deliveries for the Star of India restaurant.

We'd hang out all night I'd do the directions and he'd do the driving.

Used to make good money because we treated it like rally driving in his battered Mitsubishi

Edited by Schnitzel
  • Like 2
  • Props 1
13 minutes ago, Schnitzel said:

yeah individual restaurant delivery seems to be thing of the past.

There's actually a number of places around me that deliver but I find it simpler/quicker/easier to just go get the shit myself.  Plus if it's a business I like I do like to get on good terms with the people who are making my food.

• Like 1
  • Truth 1
2 hours ago, morton said:

Lol 500 would be a good hit. Bet in Nigeria you can get a good couple days off party in on that. 

206 million people there, crazy no?

$500 would be a good hit for a day here too. 

I can see how this would easily startle an oldster into paying that $500 real quick.