The general discussion thread within our general discussion.

32 minutes ago, mr.yuck said:

Also, does anyone know how to keep birds from suiciding into my windows? Ive had to scoop up 5 of these dedicated soldiers already.

Several options depending on what you want to do w/ your windows.  Quick & easy temp fix is to hang strings down the outside of the window that birds will see and avoid.  Or you can use something like soap or those window paints to  make a series of spaced dots that birds will see, think you need random squares 3" apart.  There are silhouette decals you can put in the window.  There are window tapes.  Tried to find the site I went to before on this but can't find it now, just search bird strike deterrents.  Look at other factors too, like do you have a bird feeder positioned near that window.  Related, if you catch it when it happens the birds sometimes just stun themselves.  If you hold them in your hand and cover their eyes/head w/ the other hand, some will recover shortly and take off.  Do this with enough birds and they will owe you a debt.  That's how you build your bird army......

IJ1M.gif

• Like 1
  • Props 4

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Last week our downstairs neighbors woke us up at 1 am. These apts have been insanely quiet until them. Like we don’t hear any thing from anyone. 
they fight often. Slamming doors n shit but this one  was a  breakup

how could I tell-

the music at 1 am went from some trap and ended with rhianna-stay, big world-say something, and one republic-apologize until  around 3 sumthin. Before my alarm goes off at 4:30 to begin 12 hr days. 
im not a super vengeful type but tire slicing crossed my mind. I did this Lil number....

karma couldn’t be too bad from this right? 
618B81A0-939F-465E-8D46-95A89475BEAC.thumb.jpeg.47c61e2e2e80d240c9066147f7dd2dfa.jpeg

this is its current state 

2F87F02C-C9BB-4C5D-8012-1235E704B701.thumb.jpeg.874ef2215ee37c34b756a60050332ba8.jpeg

and when I leave on Sundays at 5am I let him know I, too am trying to pray. A lot. 

And I promise on my right arm there are about 7 churches in a 5 block radius immediately surrounding me. 

there’s a whole lotta prayers goin up I bet. 

Edited by SMdoubleXL
  • LOL! 2

16 hours ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

Hey Texas people, how tf y’all doing with the New England weather lol? 

We cold 🥶 but managing. We also managed to get our horses 🐎 ice-skating.  It's getting pretty serious down here.  YEEEEE-HAAAAWWWW!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

How did I ever get to my first appointment so quick today? Ive been sitting out front of these peoples town house for like 25 mins already with another 10 to go. I kinda gotta take a shit but at this point, there is no time for that.

Just tell them you have to check the flow and efficiency of their toilet and blast away.

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

Today is a monumental day for me. 
Last year today I received this email 

1507930A-3F1F-4CF3-8D83-D2BA03D8E493.thumb.jpeg.4daa073bdb98300c905c3a6fa7b1a126.jpeg

and it was also after one of the darkest periods of my life.landlord In Pittsburgh fucked us all over and managed to begin eviction process of all the tenants in the building. (Found out he was fired the day after we got back to Vegas and the eviction was under false pretenses and no action was taken against us) We ran out of time and resources and had no choice but to move back to Vegas. Out of everything. No hope. No place to live except a shared bedroom at my (didn’t want to be with him at the time) bf’s moms house. No money. And when I say no money I mean NONE. I let my nail license expire and had sold all my equipment/product the year previous.  I had just finished school for a new career that I couldn’t find employment in. I had no fucking clue what to do or what was gonna happen.   I swear the only thing I looked forward to was 12 oz. I got solid support from another member and will always be grateful for them. 

EF17DE5E-922D-4AFB-9885-8D17AC630708.thumb.jpeg.cdfd664a938184a345e6e571edc65f09.jpeg

i told the CEO I would get there in 10  days and I had no idea how I was gonna make it happen. 
swallowing a lot of pride -

I had to ask a friend for her flight points to get a flight here and ask dude if he could front me a month Airbnb until I get a paycheck. 

I packed two bags and and kicked rocks. 

all is so good now. 

saving money for a house. Looking forward to performance review and our camping road trip this summer  after we handle some legal stuff in Vegas. 

just wanted to share. 

• Like 1
  • Props 11

43 minutes ago, SMdoubleXL said:

i told the CEO I would get there in 10  days and I had no idea how I was gonna make it happen. 
swallowing a lot of pride -

I had to ask a friend for her flight points to get a flight here and ask dude if he could front me a month Airbnb until I get a paycheck. 

I packed two bags and and kicked rocks. 

all is so good now. 
saving money for a house. Looking forward to performance review and our camping road trip this summer  after we handle some legal stuff in Vegas. 
just wanted to share. 

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

35 minutes ago, One Man Banned said:

Have you tried asking a Sovereign Citizen?  They have great advice on doing taxes.

I do have a friend thats convinced he is a sovereign citizen all while being entrenched in the government and all of their trappings by owning his own business. I like his stances on taxes and his situation is favorable to mine when it comes to such. Accepting only cash leaves nothing to report. I have to play along with the rules the way I am set up. So if Im going to play by their rules for the time being, I want to employ every tactic that billionaires employ to pay the least possible.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

I do have a friend thats convinced he is a sovereign citizen all while being entrenched in the government and all of their trappings by owning his own business. I like his stances on taxes and his situation is favorable to mine when it comes to such. Accepting only cash leaves nothing to report. I have to play along with the rules the way I am set up. So if Im going to play by their rules for the time being, I want to employ every tactic that billionaires employ to pay the least possible.

Hrm.  Well that's tough then, because they do it in part by being in the income bracket they are, and by having political friends who make laws that give them breaks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, One Man Banned said:

Hrm.  Well that's tough then, because they do it in part by being in the income bracket they are, and by having political friends who make laws that give them breaks.

My understanding of tax law is that it is open to interpretation. You do as you please, take the deductions you want and if you get called on your shit, you either pay up or you plead your case in court. In the latter of the two situations, it helps to already have incredibly deep pockets. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

My understanding of tax law is that it is open to interpretation. You do as you please, take the deductions you want and if you get called on your shit, you either pay up or you plead your case in court. In the latter of the two situations, it helps to already have incredibly deep pockets. 

BTW, not sure where I learned this "fact" but supposedly you know who is worst in terms of paying taxes and doing so correctly?  IRS employees.

• Truth 1

I was just watching one of these murder shows and they were trting to bully the shit out of the last person who saw them alive into confessing. They had mad witnesses to clear them of any wrong doing. That didnt stop these police from trying though. I told my wife "Fuck that. I hope Im never the last person to see some one alive." She told me "You have, you just dont know it yet." And now for real im not sure if shes trying to tell me something or just being an asshole and playing off my irrational fear of being scooped up by the feds one day.

• Like 1
  • LOL! 2

• 2 weeks later...