The general discussion thread within our general discussion.

Also, now that I’m thinking about it, I had this dope ass Indians jersey back in like 97. I had the matching cream colored fitted hat and AF1s to match. I let my Ace rock that shit one day and forgot about it. I went by his house one day months later and saw his moms rockin that shit with cigarette burns all in the front drinkin a tall boy. I was like “what the fuck, Penny?” She said “You can get the fuck up out my house, is what you can do , white boy!”

lol good memories.

Edited by mr.yuck
  • LOL! 2

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
10 minutes ago, One Man Banned said:

I missed that.  Your girl gave up your gear or the SIL helped herself?

I’m pretty sure SIL used it as a sleep shirt one night she crashed at our place. I could never find a replacement so I had to get rid of the shoes that matched. I guess it’s cool that she’s been rockin it this whole time. Fuckin bitch.

• Like 1

@ndv

Don't think you could keep them as pet unless you had a big old stack of food.

They aren't vicious I think but they do have big claws for digging so I reckon they could mess you up if you want.

"In most places in Australia, wombats are protected and it's illegal to keep them as pets. ... As a wombat grows and matures, it becomes less and less friendly, and increasingly hostile and unpredictable."

"Do wombats like to be petted?
Image result for can you keep a wombat as a pet
Even though some wild wombats will let you get within a few meters as they peacefully munch grass, don't even think about petting them. Wombats can bite, claw or bowl you over—and despite their chunky bodies, they move faster than humans."

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Schnitzel said:

it becomes less and less friendly, and increasingly hostile and unpredictable."

At least we have something in common. 

Thanks for the response.   I am watching Wild Australia on National Geographic and the episode is pretty much about wombats. 

But in the mean time I am interneting exotic animals for sale, didn't come accross any wombats which you explained why, but I did come accross an ad for a honey badger for sale and thought to myself, who is crazy enough to have a honey badger?  They don't back down from nothing, whoever gets a honey badger in the house is gonna be putting on lipstick  and a mini skirt working the streets because honey badgers are vicious and don't back down from nothing. 

Anyhow,  years back I thought about getting a salt water tank (secure it better than Fort knox) to raise octopii, mainly blue ringed.  But those guys life span are short and the resale value is cheap which leaves no room for profit, plus considering blue ring are the most venomous in the world. 

• Like 2
  • LOL! 1

it's still alive swimming drifting rapidly down the rivermouth to the open sea.

for reference that's a little bigger than a tennis ball so not huge.

the dredger thing scoops out the sand  and moves it closer to the water to keep the river mouth open

Ive never seen one on open sand so that was our theory on how it came to be going past.

I cannot deal with the idea they just cruise around open water, that's fucking terrifying if you kicked one while swimming through the surf.

• Like 1
  • Props 1

7 hours ago, Schnitzel said:

it's very rare actually that pic makes it look bigger than they are in real life.

they are luckily pretty timid

I was about to say, because they are normally the size of a golf ball.  

I guess you can be timid as you wanna be when you know you're pack a drop of venom that can kill 10 men.  

Cool nonetheless.

7 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

holy shit bro. Next door is a cesspool of people drysnitchin and busybodyin. I’m bout to delete myself from that shit with the quickness lol.

It is, very much so.  I get urges to sign up with extreme anonymity and just reek havoc on those people who talk smack.  I just have better things to do, but maybe one day I'll call out the entire HOA board.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ndv said:

It is, very much so.  I get urges to sign up with extreme anonymity and just reek havoc on those people who talk smack.  I just have better things to do, but maybe one day I'll call out the entire HOA board.

hey but all bullshit aside, right before I was about to delete this whole shit, I sold these ugly ass chairs to some one a few blocks away for like $550! 

• Props 4

5 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

hey but all bullshit aside, right before I was about to delete this whole shit, I sold these ugly ass chairs to some one a few blocks away for like $550! 

See?  Nextdoor is still worth something.  However, I think you still sold your self short and not only lost 550 but a blow job too, if you sold on graigslist. 

Ps, the blowjob would just be thrown in the deal by the buyer just because it's Craigslist. 

22 minutes ago, ndv said:

Anyhow,  just throwing it out there, does anyone here know someone who can get me a legit Vax records without getting the jab?  

I am serious, so lete know?  

TIA

i just got my first jab today. THUG LIFE!!

edidded-

also I did post the chairs on Craigslist first. Was really looking forward to the blowie but the only responses I got were scammers. Probably would have stolen my money and also not come through on the blowie.

Edited by mr.yuck
  • LOL! 1

Heyyo. To all you self employeds out there, do you have a problem with customers not leaving reviews after job is complete? I have had customers go on and on and on about how great everything was and how great we are and I’m like cool cool cool type that shit into google. And they just don’t. You can do it from your phone. It will take you less than 2 minutes while we are standing here bullshitting about your ugly dog or what ever. 

Or do y’all just not care?

• Like 2

@~KRYLON2~thats not a bad idea. I was talking to my mom about this recently and she got legit mad. She was like “I hate when people ask for reviews. Their reward for doing a good job is getting paid. Figure out how to do your own advertising and leave me out of it.” I was like “God damn, Cindy, you’re a hard ass bitch.” I can’t imagine most people are like this.

• Truth 1
  • LOL! 1

Food for thought and some different perspective on this. 

How often do you leave reviews for the number of different places you patronize or conduct business with?  I imagine most people use online reviews for places/services they really, really like, or to make bad reviews of places that either legit sucked or that they felt slighted by in some way.  I doubt many of your customers feel a responsibility to review you (which is kind of also to say advertise for you).  The transaction you have agreed upon is $ for construction. 

My personal stance is to try to hire small business local types who will do good work.  If you do a good job, I'm going to call you again, and I'm also going to remember you and pass your info on if someone asks me 'do you know someone who...'  My neighborhood usually shares this type of info with each other so if someone does a good job for me they'll likely pick up work nearby by my recommendation.  Kind of related, I really dislike the companies that want to put those little lawn advertisements at your curb when they come to perform work.  To me, I'm kind of advertising their services before the job has been completed, and I don't want someone else to think I'm vouching for someone before I know they can complete the job and do it right/well.

A thought I had is I hope you take pics of your completed work and maybe before shots too that you can use when marketing yourself online or however you do, especially if it was a complicated job.

If I may Jerry Springer a final thought in here, you're not the only one to raise this type of issue here.  It's a little ironic and maybe humorous given that most of us on here have a background in graf, which really is (in part) about how do you get your name out and get recognized among so many names.  I'd suggest challenging yourself on how your business name could be 'getting up.'  And with the online review game, you never know who's leaving those reviews.  Why, a business owner could make a fake SN and leave his own reviews for all we know.

• Truth 1
  • Props 1

I think that’s an old idealistic way of looking at things and doing business. People for the most part don’t talk to their neighbors anymore. I can’t be sitting around relying on the fact that hopefully when Joe needs to replace his toilet, he consults with his neighbor for a plumber. But I do more than plumbing. What if I just painted for his neighbor? People consult with google and look at reviews to make their choices. I have gone so far as to tell people to be honest. If we are lacking in some way, put in the review, because the end goal is to learn from our short comings and provide a better experience in the future. I look at my 100s of customers and my 4 reviews and I look at my competitors and their 100s of reviews. I wonder what I am doing different from them or if they are buying reviews. 

I'm not suggesting that's how you do business (by word of mouth), I'm saying that's what I'm generally willing to do in exchange for good work.  I guess as I think of it I have done an online review for either exceptional or exceptionally shitty service, but not often.  

There are definitely a portion of people who rely on google and other online reviews to find their contractors and other services.  I don't know what data there is to show exactly how successful it is using google or others to advertise yourself though.  Like how many reviews does one need, how many good vs bad reviews do you need, if you have say 20 reviews how many of those are the average customer going to read?  Can only guess at this, but I suspect that google is a better form of advertisement when you can get your business to appear in the first page of results, and the higher on the page the better.  Only reason for this is the average person is not going to go through all those results & reviews, maybe look at the top 3-5 results and choose from among them.

I'd also consider that if you and your competitors are currently doing an even amount of business while you have far fewer reviews than them, then is the number of reviews relevant?  What are you doing that's giving you an even amount of business with less online presence?   Somehow you're compensating, how do you do that more?

Keep in mind too that there are marketing groups and motivated individuals who fabricate all those reviews.  Paid for reviews, or their website features testimonials from fictitious people, etc.  How would anyone know?

Fully understand your frustration and again, you're not the only one who has expressed similar on here.

• Like 2