Pass the Corona ese... Novel Corona aka COVID-19

abrasivesaint

27 minutes ago, misteraven said:

Not really into canned chicken breast, but the rest is tasty.

....But Misteraven..... pigs' feet.  I've never had one and I think I can safely say I never will try one either.

They missed the apostrophe after the "s" showing plural ownership.

• Props 1
  • LOL! 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
3 hours ago, Europe said:

Yeah thats what Italy said 1 month ago...

Mark my words, the US will be hit the hardest of all countries, and this will be bigger than 9-11 and all the hurricanes combined, plus give and take a few wars.

But go ahead, listen to this guy instead of the worlds medical establishment... 

Stay at home, now!

I am gonna stay at home

but the panic around it is a little over the top. Dont you think?

i believe the news around this virus has been weaponized to sow discontent and for citizens to break ranks with their government

Look at the US....this virus is a stress test on the administration. And the white house is failing.

I'm not even going to compare trump to the other presidents...no need to. You can just look at how he's handling this situation.

• Like 1
  • Props 1

Not even going to get into the political debate beyond reminding everyone that they all fuckin suck. Some are smoother than others, but at the end of the day, they all do their damage and leave the country a little worse off than the ones before them. Easy to callout Trump, but not hard to rattle off a laundry list of fucked up shit from the ones before him and doubt the next ones will be any better.

And yeah, the MSM is juicing this in different ways, but I suspect they're also downplaying in different ways as well. Only a moron still believes the MSM isn't following an agenda that doesn't necessarily align with unbiased news coverage or that they aren't controlled by people and vested interests that certainly aren't concerned with your best interest. Whole thing is a shit show.

That being said, this thing is serious. Even if you choose to ignore the infection rates, the transmission rates and the mortality rates, all of which are far beyond any 'flu' virus in recent history, the entire world didn't shut down for the fuck of it. We can don tin foil hats and speculate on the conspiracies behind it until the end of days, but its impossible to ignore the consequences of shutting down countries, economies and the daily lives of pretty much the entire world. This thing is huge and is unprecedented in modern times. It's 100% going to take a toll.

We'll have to wait and see of the human life taken is anywhere near the projections of  plus or minus 3.5 - 8% as most authorities have been saying, but this will 100% be a bookmark in your life that will likely be bigger than 9/11 was. There will be a time before this pandemic and there will be a time after. Keep your eyes and ears open about how your government responds and what new laws and social changes will take affect for "your best interest" whether true or not. I do hope the powers that be manage to manipulate the economy to get it back to 'normal' again, but this one is likely going to have consequences that go beyond anything that any of us are old enough to remember.

• Truth 2
  • Props 1

I agree fully and i am in no way disrespecting or even denying the deaths from the illness.

But i don't like how the MSM is squeezing as much sensationalism as possible from the illness.

I see newscasters saying ridiculous shit about how to "cure" the virus, or that the virus can be found in foods you get from the groceries, etc.

I am fully aware of the gravity of the situation, but i dont think panicking is good for anyone in any situation.

The stronger people should stay home, those who need testing or treatment should go, and children and the elderly should be home and shielded from the outside.

• Like 3

This fucking news caster (interviewing a man-I think a local judge-whose son has self quarantined) 

“are you ashamed of your son?” (for self quarantining) 

like wtf. ? This is that shit that Contributes to  making  people feeling ashamed to self quarantine. 
ftb 

3 hours ago, Dirty_habiT said:

....But Misteraven..... pigs' feet.  I've never had one and I think I can safely say I never will try one either.

They missed the apostrophe after the "s" showing plural ownership.

yuck pigs trotters.  5% meat, 35% bone, 10% skin, 50% disgusting gelatinous matter

• LOL! 1

9 hours ago, Europe said:

Thank you, and sorry. Waking up after too little sleep, checking the news and then going on the board here, its literally like watching a train-wreck in slowmotion, you know its gonna be an absolutely horrible crash that the worlds never seen the like of before, and everyone here is just playing on the train tracks...

People are dying, societies are crumbling, nations are shutting down.

All you can do to stop this is: Stay (the fuck) at home! Starting right now!

This was my Ted talk, thank you.

I didn't take it any sort of way other than someone trying to express a valid point.  

Not trying to be a wise ass but kind of funny that I spend likely a little too much time playing on the train tracks so other than hiking I've been out doing that alone.

• Like 2

The cook at my daughter's day care centre was sitting in the foyer looking a bit shell shocked and shaky.

I asked if she was okay and then she replied been to local supermarket to get food supplies for the centre so they get lunch.

Without thinking she said "i'm not sure what the kids will be eating next week" which is guaranteed to get parents in the foyer that over heard her very fucking worried indeed.

I'm off to compound the problem by getting some more food/ take photos of panic.

I still dont think this situation is going to last more than another month or so. I think we will largely figure this shit out and we’ll see ripple effects for a while, but i don’t see this mass quarantine - mass death toll truly getting that bad. But...

What the the fuck do i know. I’m a moron. 

Doesn’t mean i haven't taken a few precautionary measures. I’m just refusing to be sold on the doom. 

• Like 2
  • Truth 1
  • LOL! 1

I just listened to this podcast, which did a lot to put this whole thing in perspective. In case you havent seen me mention these podcasts before, I've been listening to this dude for a super long time... Probably over 10 years at this point. Anyhow, he's been 100% on point about a lot of other events. He called the financial crisis in 2008 far ahead of it happening for example. Anyhow, for whatever it matters, I may not trust 100% of what anyone says, but I trust this guy 99%+ based on years of listening, observing, looking things up and experiencing it myself.

Whether you're freaked out about what's happening or not, go give it a listen. Its worth the hour or so of your time. If nothing else, it'll be new stuff to discuss so go give it a listen. 

Episode-2616- The Lessons America Should be Learning from CoVid-2019

http://www.thesurvivalpodcast.com/learning-from-covid-2019

• Like 2
  • Props 1

7 minutes ago, Drue_Down said:

My brother has worked for a Chicago architecture firm for 20 years, they specialize in restaurants and offices, he was just given a two week notice that’s he’s being laid off after 90% of their projects cancelled, he alone supports the wife & 3 kids😳

This is going to be what the worst of all this is...

• Truth 1

what this disease did is level the playing field economically

the one thing i worry about is the value of the dollar going down since everything is so cheap right now to stimulate spending.

Once this scare wears off, the prices are going to astronomically go up to compensate for the time lost

imagine 7 dollars a gallon for gas or 8 dollars for milk............it'll be like we all live in hawaii

3 minutes ago, misteraven said:

This is going to be what the worst of all this is...

I agree with this. The economic consequences is something that is concerning, I will say that. Mostly because in the grand scheme i don’t know much about how this will work out on that front. 

In terms of this massive die off and comparing to Sept. 11th, i’m not buying. I’m not an anti-gun guy but, gun violence has already killed over 3,000 people in America so far this year, according to the gun violence archive, and that’s excluding suicides.  

Again, i’m a moron. The fuck do i know. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, abrasivesaint said:

In terms of this massive die off and comparing to Sept. 11th, i’m not buying.

I do think we'll see this as a milestone event the way 9/11 was. You really think the government wont flip this into yet another power grab the way they did with the Patriot Act and the Freedom Act after 9/11? Expect to see sweeping changes as a result of all this. Some will be legitimate, most of it will be a case of "never let a good crisis go to waste".

Again, I suggest all of you guys listen to this... He puts it in clearer words than I ever could.

29 minutes ago, misteraven said:

Episode-2616- The Lessons America Should be Learning from CoVid-2019

http://www.thesurvivalpodcast.com/learning-from-covid-2019

• Props 1

5 minutes ago, misteraven said:

I do think we'll see this as a milestone event the way 9/11 was. You really think the government wont flip this into yet another power grab the way they did with the Patriot Act and the Freedom Act after 9/11? Expect to see sweeping changes as a result of all this. Some will be legitimate, most of it will be a case of "never let a good crisis go to waste".

Again, I suggest all of you guys listen to this... He puts it in clearer words than I ever could.

Oh that i don’t disagree with at all either, i was just talking death toll. 

If you meant in terms of political power grabs and such then i’m on board with that. 

Like you said, never let a good crisis go to waste. 

edit: the social, economic and political ripple effects have a much higher chance to cause worse damage to society than i think the damage from this virus itself will cause in terms of general public health. I’ll check that podcast when i’m at work later.

Edited by abrasivesaint
  • Like 1