Pass the Corona ese... Novel Corona aka COVID-19

abrasivesaint

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I was in HEB (Houston) this morning.  They had a line out front waiting for the store to open, which we didn't wait long (about 5 mins)  Got everything we needed, store was being stocked while shopping.  Plenty of products from produce, breads, dairy of all types, meats, and everything you can imagine that is on the shelves a year ago.

Everything is good here in Houston.  Far as I know?  I mean, this morning Halliburton is beginning to furlough employees,  half of the work force off for a week and half on in rotation.

I am a small business owner, and right now I have plenty work coming in and working around the clock right now for multiple O&G jobs.   Spoke with a few other small business owners and they are all swamped with work.  Some industries just can't shut down and a lot of jobs just cannot work from home like myself.  

Honestly, regardless, of what is going on tight now in you country, in a few months, I would get ready for a influx of work coming in domestically.  It's gonna hit everyone like a Tsunami.  Which is a good thing.

Anyhow...  

PS - Where is the Covid Sales?  Everything must go!  19% Off!  

Just waiting...  This is Stupid...

• Like 3
  • Truth 1

3 minutes ago, Europe said:

Big supermarket and big pharma is not letting this golden chance slip... And there is not a war on. This is not about goods.

Its about not socializing, staying 6 feet away from each other.

Staying at home!

All due respect our population's demos don't line up with Europe's. We don't have nearly as many old people, I don't think it will hit here as hard as it has for you guys. That being said I do agree it's best to do our part not to spread it.

Yeah, so I heard there are a few families in my neighborhood in quarantine, they have the Covids.  

The constables that patrol the neighborhood, have deputies watching the houses to make sure anyone of these family members to not leave the house. 

This is a real update.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Kults said:

All due respect our population's demos don't line up with Europe's. We don't have nearly as many old people, I don't think it will hit here as hard as it has for you guys. That being said I do agree it's best to do our part not to spread it.

Also have you seen their idea of oral hygiene in GB?  I'm not suggesting that's where the username Europe is residing, but I'm just saying when I think of Europe I don't think of germaphobes and people that are picky about being clean with everything.

• Truth 1

36 minutes ago, Kults said:

With even more respect, this is not a dick measuring contest about fatalities.

But the US have started WAY later in the spreading proces to do anything significant to slow it, which means the US will be much harder hit. And the US still more than 46 million elderly people, and a much worse public healthcare system.

21 minutes ago, Dirty_habiT said:

Also have you seen their idea of oral hygiene in GB?  I'm not suggesting that's where the username Europe is residing, but I'm just saying when I think of Europe I don't think of germaphobes and people that are picky about being clean with everything.

I wont bore you with prejudice stereotypes of Americans, lets just say that you wont find "healthy" on top of any list if you ask around.

• Truth 3
  • LOL! 3

I don't believe that the US will be, in any way, a future example of what not to do during a pandemic.

5 minutes ago, Europe said:

With even more respect, this is not a dick measuring contest about fatalities.

But the US have started WAY later in the spreading proces to do anything significant to slow it, which means the US will be much harder hit. And the US still more than 46 million elderly people, and a much worse public healthcare system.

that seems a little over blown...not trying to argue or offend, but the US has survived MERS and SARS without any real danger to its population

• Props 2

Its really a bit unfair, as this pandemic is a huge thing to comprehend, and  my reality is about 10-14 days ahead of yours.

And I know its hard to accept strangers opinion online, especially when they contradict your own world view.

But trust me on this one.

Stay at home!

• Like 3

Just now, Europe said:

Its really a bit unfair, as this pandemic is a huge thing to comprehend, and  my reality is about 10-14 days ahead of yours.

And I know its hard to accept strangers opinion online, especially when they contradict your own world view.

But trust me on this one.

Stay at home!

I mean i will stay at home, my respect for this disease is high

I just don't think it's the end days, thats all

• Like 1
  • Truth 1
  • Props 1

I've recognized for a long time that there is little appreciation for things like cross contamination or hygiene in our thinks we're superior country.  People are also fairly unaware of how many things you touch with your hands or other body parts in a day, never mind how frequently you touch your face in the course of a day without even thinking.  Anything w/ $, cash or a pinpad.  Few things I saw in the last 2 days that probably won't be cool in 2 weeks:  petting other people's pets.  Guy walking around the supermarket whistling while he shops.  Some mouth breathers who tried to run by me too close on a trail.  

Supermarket was out of toilet paper today but I didn't need it.  Usually annoys me my girl buys 50 rolls at a time but for once it helped us.  Most pasta gone although no one is grabbing the more expensive imported stuff.  Tomato sauce gone.  Bags of onions/potatoes gone but you can still grab individual ones.  No cleaning suppplies.  Certain cuts of chicken gone, whole chickens gone.  It will all restock I'm sure, but who will want to go out then.

15 hours ago, Dirty_habiT said:

We just waited 3h in line at Cabela's to buy a shot gun.  Thank you to @misteravenfor the recommendation.  We were going to buy another handgun but he suggested getting a shotgun instead.  Geez it was nuts in there.  The store was basically empty except for the gun counter.

Seriously considering this myself, but I know nothing about guns.

I live in a rural ("red or dead") area and I am sure that most of the people around me are stocked and loaded.

I prefer heavy uncivil construction, fuck you.

My grocery WAS 100% out of bread, the only meat was some johnsonville sausage and the store brand italian sausage which is garbage, most pastas, eggs and dairy were raped. 

I'm still no panicked and if I get $700 from the government I think I'll try and invest it because I think long term outlook is still solid.

• Like 3
  • LOL! 1

On 3/18/2020 at 7:51 AM, Schnitzel said:

in other news my hours got halved along with my salary for the next few months.

was that or redundancy...

so anyway after yesterday's update I get an email from my boss asking if the Australian government is doing support for workers affected by coronavirus. ( they aren't Unles you're a casual worker an even the support is: you can apply for the dole).

I work for a New Zealand based company and over there worker who are losing lots of hours are able to claim payments of up to $585 a week if the company's loses are above the threshold.

Ours are but sadly I'm not resident in New zealand so fuck my income just got caned.

side note google is fucking hopeless look at these search suggestions

IMG_9841.JPG

2 hours ago, Fist 666 said:

I prefer heavy uncivil construction, fuck you.

My grocery WAS 100% out of bread, the only meat was some johnsonville sausage and the store brand italian sausage which is garbage, most pastas, eggs and dairy were raped. 

I'm still no panicked and if I get $700 from the government I think I'll try and invest it because I think long term outlook is still solid.

Precious metals are very cheap right now. If you can find any. I think silver is like $12/oz right now? Silver stacking is not everyone’s thing but it’s an idea. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

Precious metals are very cheap right now. If you can find any. I think silver is like $12/oz right now? Silver stacking is not everyone’s thing but it’s an idea. 

Metals sellers aren't selling or they'd take massive losses. You wont find metal until the prices return to some sort of normalcy. Exceptions are sellers that are throwing in massive premiums that all but wipe out the spread.