Pass the Corona ese... Novel Corona aka COVID-19

abrasivesaint

29 minutes ago, misteraven said:

I do think we'll see this as a milestone event the way 9/11 was. You really think the government wont flip this into yet another power grab the way they did with the Patriot Act and the Freedom Act after 9/11? Expect to see sweeping changes as a result of all this. Some will be legitimate, most of it will be a case of "never let a good crisis go to waste".

Again, I suggest all of you guys listen to this... He puts it in clearer words than I ever could.

Israel beat the US to it 

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-51930681

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

1. AZ TP depletion is ridiculous.

2. @SMdoubleXLI went to Vegas for work ASAP as I was able to travel post 9-11. It was sooo eerie. At the time I was working in Vegas 2-5 times a year and never saw anything like it, ghost town is an understatement. I was also there for NYE Y2K, no Fireworks 🧨 due to a dynamite robbery in Flagstaff, AZ a week prior, and I suppose general Y2K concern. I have video footage of 11-1am, we were in front of Bellagio & Paris. Insanely huge crowds that were massively confused, we almost got trampled at one point. Then the drugs kicked in 🤪

Edited by Drue_Down
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Dirty_habiT said:

We just waited 3h in line at Cabela's to buy a shot gun.  Thank you to @misteravenfor the recommendation.  We were going to buy another handgun but he suggested getting a shotgun instead.  Geez it was nuts in there.  The store was basically empty except for the gun counter.

What kind of shotgun did you get?

my brother is just out quarantine in beijing said it's very quiet.

shit like christmas trees still in shopping malls since they've not been taken away during the panic.

reckon this is a good way for product feedback for manufacturers 

people obviously don't like that pasta

IMG_9822.thumb.JPG.c04f9a941f87bbbad295cfccc847c4fd.JPG

or that cereal

IMG_9819.thumb.JPG.b9c1d3437d90470694bcbda228616dd7.JPG

people have no idea what to do with leg ham

IMG_9813.thumb.JPG.a9d8fac412c5fe82885378a63f09a542.JPG

IMG_9810.thumb.JPG.ef2021b3d6eabb9a946803f901d1602a.JPG

or turkey necks/chicken hearts

IMG_9811.thumb.JPG.95dea26ee1ab49d7531c5f5923e04592.JPG

\but they love onions in bags

IMG_9815.thumb.JPG.0153fa18d0dafe4ad57705d557dad23b.JPG

spuds

IMG_9818.thumb.JPG.d02b99abbb66be011082f1311a01d418.JPG

even asian noodles are mostly gone now.

IMG_9820.thumb.JPG.01598eb747c7c8f520907555a9e9efad.JPG

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

1 hour ago, Dirty_habiT said:

Mossberg 930.  We were lucky we got it too, they were all sold out and the employee happened to find one in the back for us that wasn't on the computer inventory.

Nice. I had never owned a shotgun until my father in law gave me one out of the blue one day. Ive been wanting to chop the stock off of it and shorten the barrel since I got it but I also need to make sure its not worth something before I do.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mr.yuck said:

Nice. I had never owned a shotgun until my father in law gave me one out of the blue one day. Ive been wanting to chop the stock off of it and shorten the barrel since I got it but I also need to make sure its not worth something before I do.

I'd keep it the way it is tbh.... just because it was a gift.  Buy a different one used to saw off if that's what you desire.  Just my 2 cents.  The one we got is nylon so it has no wood that you could saw.  What is the shotgun you have btw?  If you saw it I think it makes it illegal too.  I don't know what the laws are on that still.

I also ordered a German made RWS Model 34 .22 caliber pellet rifle today.  It shoots 800fps and should be good at deterring toilet paper looters from a distance.

• Truth 2

13 minutes ago, Dirty_habiT said:

I'd keep it the way it is tbh.... just because it was a gift.  Buy a different one used to saw off if that's what you desire.  Just my 2 cents.  The one we got is nylon so it has no wood that you could saw.  What is the shotgun you have btw?  If you saw it I think it makes it illegal too.  I don't know what the laws are on that still.

I also ordered a German made RWS Model 34 .22 caliber pellet rifle today.  It shoots 800fps and should be good at deterring toilet paper looters from a distance.

If I remember correctly its a savage. Doing a quick little research it looks like they can benhad for about $75 used all day. You can alter shotguns as long as they maintain an 18 inch barrel length. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, misteraven said:

I just listened to this podcast, which did a lot to put this whole thing in perspective. In case you havent seen me mention these podcasts before, I've been listening to this dude for a super long time... Probably over 10 years at this point. Anyhow, he's been 100% on point about a lot of other events. He called the financial crisis in 2008 far ahead of it happening for example. Anyhow, for whatever it matters, I may not trust 100% of what anyone says, but I trust this guy 99%+ based on years of listening, observing, looking things up and experiencing it myself.

Whether you're freaked out about what's happening or not, go give it a listen. Its worth the hour or so of your time. If nothing else, it'll be new stuff to discuss so go give it a listen. 

Episode-2616- The Lessons America Should be Learning from CoVid-2019

http://www.thesurvivalpodcast.com/learning-from-covid-2019

Props. Finished earlier. Sounds like this dude and i share a lot of the same thoughts on the situation, although he is definitely more educated on business and economic matters.. and prepper matters. 

Edited by abrasivesaint
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, abrasivesaint said:

Them getting together in small groups is no different than walking into a grocery store right now, in fact, it’s probably safer than going to the grocery store. 

You do realize that you have to keep a minimum distance of 6 feet to any other human, right? No matter if its at the grocery store, or elsewhere. Also, your best friends, your family etc, are the ones most likely to pass on the virus to you. 

Stay at home!

9 hours ago, Schnitzel said:

my brother is just out quarantine in beijing said it's very quiet.

shit like christmas trees still in shopping malls since they've not been taken away during the panic.

reckon this is a good way for product feedback for manufacturers 

people obviously don't like that pasta

IMG_9822.thumb.JPG.c04f9a941f87bbbad295cfccc847c4fd.JPG

or that cereal

quoted from Lorne Malvo in the memes thread

E1B0CCCB-16A0-47E1-8FF6-F9E980AF663C.thumb.jpeg.f95bce1beeaf5c84d6122e4932d0d4aa.jpeg

• LOL! 2

3 hours ago, One Man Banned said:

Believe you said supermarkets where you're at are still stocked?  If so wondering the difference between what you're seeing vs people like Schnitzel.  Maybe AUS and the US are still in panic buy mode?

Theyre still fully stocked in CAN. They also got the first restock

• Like 2
  • Props 1