This Old Trap House: Wonk Saggin Edition

mr.yuck

I've fixed our dish washer a few times, but I have not had the wherewithal to tackle our clothes washer. If we were in a house and it was my money, I'd probably give it a go, but since I can just have someone come take a look at it and take it off my rent... I don't try.

+1 on the manuals having most of it.

• Truth 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
On 2/13/2021 at 9:23 AM, ~KRYLON2~ said:

20210211_201209.jpg

More so a random thot as I was strolling the thread.  Anyony ever think about fingerprints being run through data bases from photos being uploaded to the nets?  Or data collection purposes?  

• Like 3

Welp, after much confusion with my cable company, they finally came out and ran new cable lines. I kept telling them I needed new cable lines run, they kept telling me that I didnt have cable with them. One dick head told me I needed to hire an electrician to come to my house to run the lines. I dunno, maybe I wasnt clear enough when I asked them "What happens when you get a new customer that doesnt have service run to their house? I need that." 

Ive completely given up on leveling this floor for the time being. 

Drywall delivery tomorrow. 

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

16 minutes ago, mr.yuck said:

Welp, after much confusion with my cable company, they finally came out and ran new cable lines. I kept telling them I needed new cable lines run, they kept telling me that I didnt have cable with them. One dick head told me I needed to hire an electrician to come to my house to run the lines. I dunno, maybe I wasnt clear enough when I asked them "What happens when you get a new customer that doesnt have service run to their house? I need that." 

At least they didn’t laugh at you and tell you they “don’t care”.

• Truth 1

On 2/19/2021 at 9:27 AM, Dirty_habiT said:

That is definitely already being done.  People also won't post pictures of their car/house/work keys for the same reasons.

Is it still okay to post pictures of our dog’s face? Or will they know that it’s him?

4 minutes ago, LUGR said:

Is it still okay to post pictures of our dog’s face? Or will they know that it’s him?

Thats a good question I hadn't considered. There is absolutely zero reason that your dog wouldn't be able to be identified AND linked to you.  Or anything else for that matter including shoes hats and T-shirt's you wear. Or jackets. Etc. 

• Truth 1

1 hour ago, mr.yuck said:

When I was living in a duplex, the neighbors who lived above us (which were buddies) my roommates and I agreed we would get att because our buddies above us already had so that is just gonna be an easy install.  

Not so much, att kept telling us that they do not have service there and can't get it unless they run lines which they were not going to do.  After explaining the second floor has att, att still stood their ignorance of believing service is not available.  

So we just opted for satellite.

• LOL! 2

20210302_111611.thumb.jpg.07a0e3042e6e2e02d18e2c3b994f7473.jpg

20210302_111733.thumb.jpg.dc4f7b40d553b82c041b9e714990c87f.jpg

This was pretty cool. The guy who was controlling the boom arm on this truck was upstairs with his helper and was using a giant remote control. There are manual levers on the side of the truck also that opperate the arm. While he was controlling it from upstairs all of the little control arms on the truck were going the fuck off like an old ghost piano.

1075432166_source(1).gif.1b702f94c64747276e61a84352473104.gif

• Like 3
  • Props 1

On 3/1/2021 at 9:47 PM, Dirty_habiT said:

Thats a good question I hadn't considered. There is absolutely zero reason that your dog wouldn't be able to be identified AND linked to you.  Or anything else for that matter including shoes hats and T-shirt's you wear. Or jackets. Etc. 

I made the joke about ID'ing someone's dog in another thread.  It was more for people's amusement, but there is a definite truth in there too.  I've tried to make the point before that most anything people post gives some info about them, even simple shit like what kinds of plant life grows around you, it's all info that can contribute toward locating you or revealing more about yourself than you might like to.  Really like that you mentioned keys because copying the grooves and making your own bootleg key is pretty easy to do.  The way people carry around big rings of keys with all sorts of shit attached to them, I bet you could easily start an "I want to see your key ring" type thread and get people to post images without realizing what they're giving away in the process.  

• Truth 1
  • Props 1

On 3/3/2021 at 3:21 PM, One Man Banned said:

I made the joke about ID'ing someone's dog in another thread.  It was more for people's amusement, but there is a definite truth in there too.  I've tried to make the point before that most anything people post gives some info about them, even simple shit like what kinds of plant life grows around you, it's all info that can contribute toward locating you or revealing more about yourself than you might like to.  Really like that you mentioned keys because copying the grooves and making your own bootleg key is pretty easy to do.  The way people carry around big rings of keys with all sorts of shit attached to them, I bet you could easily start an "I want to see your key ring" type thread and get people to post images without realizing what they're giving away in the process.  

Absolutely spot on. You could also use your camera phone to photo a targets keys in public. Like the building maintenance dude that gets paid $20/hr. He probably isn't too keen on security. 

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

On 3/3/2021 at 4:21 PM, One Man Banned said:

I'll tell you something that might blow your mind. The IC can identify you by micro scratches and abnormalities on your cellphone lens in addition to the EXIF data that most people don't bother to wipe. Context clues are always a plus, but there are plenty of tools in the box to find the target. 

As for locks: Lishi tool....DHABZ is the guy to talk to about hobbyist picking. 

• Like 1

20210314_132708.thumb.jpg.83930aa3fd5f0f4349398df52500574f.jpg20210314_132741.thumb.jpg.acf813e1d819a03497af93f42790fc2b.jpg

20210314_132722.thumb.jpg.0593e19fc383ab6e22357013341069f0.jpg

Wow. So here is some shit I didnt notice when I got started. Apparently the house has sunk in the middle by a few inches. The boards hung on the walls are level. The ceilings are dipping and running uphill or downhill all over the place. Gonna have to do some black magic to get my crown and door casings straight and even so it doesnt look like a trunk slammer remodeled this house.

20210314_132714.jpg

2 hours ago, fat ralphy said:

Had to drop a G this week to replace blower motor in a 25 year old furnace. Probably paid a bit too much but I didnt want to drop the $3500 for a new furnace just yet......

I hate the hvac industry with a passion. Not the techs in it, but the industry as a whole. I had my entire system replaced and had 3 companies come out and quote me between $23-28k. I promptly told them one by one to get fucked. So I called the homie who owns an hvac company and he came out to look at it did his calculations and priced me at $14,000. He was telling me that their price on equipment was around 3000 and the rest of the labor and materials was probably around another 3000. Other business related costs were probably around 1000 bucks meaning he doubled his money. Which means these other companies were looking to quadruple their money lol. I guess thats what happens to prices when you have to pay a sales force and in house accountants large warehouse space and vehicle fleets. Regardless, they still came in trying to sell me over sized units for the size of my house and the region. It was like they were trying to cool down the sun and melt 10 ft of snow.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

@KILZ FILLZ good to see they are finally starting to put you back together. They owe you for continuous paint. Usually 2 coats on patch work and one coat on remaining walls. Look at your paper work and sq footage. If they arent gonna do the work tell them you want the money back for what they didnt do.

• Like 2
  • Truth 1