This Old Trap House: Wonk Saggin Edition

mr.yuck

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

UPDATE: v:Never.Let.Hoe.Ass.Niggas.Ride

Framing completed minus 2 pocket doors that I am putting off for ease of being able to move drywall around in this small area.

20200329_143623.thumb.jpg.4f8d1d13c9c7bf1d53af0dd8d40f5728.jpg20200329_143632.thumb.jpg.b10b080d2490b74e36f6147dcb510ac2.jpg20200329_143639.thumb.jpg.274873d11211179e28bbc04445db47f5.jpg20200329_143700.thumb.jpg.a070ed20274bfabf534f821771ea6364.jpg20200329_143712.thumb.jpg.b3ce5d9d4d22e7a81df24cefc2898058.jpg

Still never got that tub up on its ledge. I'll have to enlist some help tomorrow.20200329_143720.thumb.jpg.b2f3bc1b88e30a9c915600f12eecff82.jpg

Now its time to clean all of this crap up and head to the store to buy wire, receptacle boxes, and insulation.

• Like 3
  • Props 3

53 minutes ago, Fist 666 said:

@mr.yuck please tell me you're abandoning those light and fan boxes and related wiring?

Absolutely. Im waiting for my cousin to get some free time to come over and help me rewire the whole joint while its open. Im going to add a aub panel while im up there so if something trips, I dont have to make a trip to the garage to flip the breaker.

@Dirty_habiT

So the list is dying fast. There just isnt enough room in this house for all of these great ideas. Im gonna have to double some stuff up. Might turn my bedroom into the homo dungeon. Im am gonna put some sneaky stash spots here and there. Skeletons. 

I really did have this idea where I thought I found some dead space to build a fake compartment big enough for two people to get in. I was thinking about putting a ladder and a hole into the attic. I was looking at making a zipline from the attic to a treet in my "neighbors back yard" for hasty escapes from intruders. However i realized if i did that my walk in closet would be next to nothing.

Inset is where I was planning for escape room:

20200331_170303.thumb.jpg.d8c14ef0f59ca5bc528af33bc1dd2782.jpg

• Like 2

On 3/29/2020 at 2:32 PM, One Man Banned said:

If you have pets I'm really into the idea of building beds, dens, or crates into the home design

image.png.3720f0d87f417cc40d99b32ff0ec32f6.png

This is the only thing one should need for their doggos in the crib. If a motherfucker has to crate they dog after a year or so, you’re doing it wrong and or your dogs an asshole and you should get rid of it. 

@mr.yuckHere are some things i would like to do in my future home. 

I’m into trinkets shit like that so I’m going for it in the shelving department. Here are a couple of the styles I’m into.

image.thumb.jpeg.a9f50c63776dc232fc294b72179b0070.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.a867aa65cd36df7fa69d5c7cd596c2d4.jpeg

image.jpeg.36396d185aedb6b14b070ded74249b7a.jpeg

Big on rad full baths. Will acquire.

image.jpeg.0b2c0f0528ad1aecfa0af34328338d47.jpeg

image.jpeg.9a985dbe00d57cede9352be878c817a0.jpeg

image.jpeg.1573b5392e926888ff5b62485fd4f254.jpeg

Poured in place black concrete counter tops for kitchen, bathrooms with wood chipper broken bits of old skateboards for scattered color pops. Bar i used to frequent had a sick reddish one with a similar look. 

image.jpeg.eda5cd325e315e7a65acaade665b41b5.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.7a776f6e28604ba0f56f6afa48eb7408.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.928b74bc4b7af8e234a1b260a1a5728d.jpeg

Accent walls with antique windows 

• Props 1

@NightmareOnElmStreetI think the lionshare of the money I dump into this place is going to be in the bathrooms. I was looking into doing heated floors but the few people I know that have them have said they are trash. They take forever to heat up and they blow up the electric bill by hundreds of dollars a month. Im not sure if that is an installation fuck up or what. I already have built in bookshelves flanking my fireplace. I might tear them out and rebuild them better.

Im so ready to get all of this mechanical shit done so I can get into doing the finish trades. Its what I do best.

8 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

@NightmareOnElmStreetI think the lionshare of the money I dump into this place is going to be in the bathrooms. I was looking into doing heated floors but the few people I know that have them have said they are trash. They take forever to heat up and they blow up the electric bill by hundreds of dollars a month. Im not sure if that is an installation fuck up or what. I already have built in bookshelves flanking my fireplace. I might tear them out and rebuild them better.

Im so ready to get all of this mechanical shit done so I can get into doing the finish trades. Its what I do best.

I have heated floors. Maybe depends how it’s done but mine heat up fast and don’t blow my bill at all. In fact, it barely effects it at all. We used it to take the edge off the cold in our bedroom by running at night with the bathroom door open. I’d dig into it a little more. 

Then again we have multiple zones so I can heat areas of the house like that. 

• Like 2
  • Props 2

3 minutes ago, mr.yuck said:

@misteravenThats good to know. I have multizone heat and air, too. I'll look into it some more. I asked my sales rep about it at my tile supplier. He went on about how great it is, but at the end of the day his job is to sell me shit lol.

Assume there’s a lot of ways to do it, but believe the way ours works is it’s just recycling water from the hot water heater through a series of hose embedded under the floor. No doubt you lose some heat, since that’s how it works but it’s otherwise just sitting in the tank. Assume if the lines to and from are well insulated as well

as the tank, this would be relatively efficient. 

• Like 1

On 3/10/2020 at 7:43 PM, mr.yuck said:

Also, I like all of these suggestions. 

Here is what I am willing to entertain in no particular order of greatness:

1) hidden stash spots

2) skeletons

3) sex dungeon

4) herb garden

5) urinal

6) im trying to figure out how to make my house poop a dildo into the neighbors house.

7) shower bathroom (no glass)

You have 3) and 4) mixed up. It should be herb sex and dungeon garden

7) is very sensible really. Everywhere in Asia that I've been to have this. It's basically a big shower with a toilet and sink in there as well.

• Truth 2
  • Props 1
  • LOL! 1

I'd rather have built in drawers, more cabinets, and stuff like that. Having a hidden masturbation chamber is important, but you need a place to store shit. Ikea makes good really shit like this for closets and stuff, and I know there's similar people out there that make this type of stuff. 

• Truth 1

• 7 months later...

Dear electricians of 12oz,

I have been on pause for months now trying to get permits straight on my house. The building permit is straight but they are holding me up on electrical. The person that physically does the permits is just a paper pusher and has no practical knowledge on what is going on. They are no help to guide me on how to fill this application out. I have made attempts to call the electrical inspectors but they are never in the office, nor do they return calls.

The lady says my applications are ready for approval as soon as I can properly fill out their boxes.

I am completely replacing all of the wiring on the second floor and installing a 100 amp sub panel to hook it all into and then running the 100 amp panel to the main 200 amp panel in the garage. Help me out. Which one of these boxes do I check?

20201116_122445.jpg

• Like 1

I am not an electrician but by process of elimination I would suspect that you only should put a check in the boxes next to the size of circuits you're installing.  All the other "service" stuff is for running a new line from their pole to your structure (I think)..... which you are not asking to do or requiring.

I'm pretty sure you just need to check some of those circuit boxes.... but if you fuck it up and you did what I told you.... it's you're fault.  😄

• LOL! 1

@Dirty_habiTI think I do just need to write in 5 next to the circuits 0-30 amp line but they also want me to check one of the selections above it. Im tempted to just check repair permit. I think service change is when you upgrade your main panel from 200 amps to 300 amps, for example. Im not doing that. But I also dont know what the numbers mean after service change. 

These government ninjas are really no help at all.

1 hour ago, One Man Banned said:

Been tempted to bump this thread for a minute and find out what ideas you went with

To be honest, I've been standing still on this thing for months now. 

Good news @Dirty_habiTi sent them an email letting them know I was sick of their shit and that I included a revised permit application with what ever boxes I thought applicable checked off. This almost instantly set off a chain of events leading to me being able to pay for the permit today. Huzzah!

• Props 3