This Old Trap House: Wonk Saggin Edition

mr.yuck

Guess you're going to think twice before you sit on the can with your cock and balls tucked below you lolz.

Sure that's a rat and not a mouse?  There's always the possibility that a mouse fell in trying to get water and couldn't get back out due to the smooth sides, although rats have been known to make their way through sewer pipes.  Lid being down wouldn't matter, mice can fit through holes the size of a dime.  Vermin are unfortunately a part of home ownership.  I've had to get to know my place pretty well inside and out doing exclusion work to prevent them but it beats chewed wood/wires, mouse turds, etc.

• Truth 2

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
On 11/16/2021 at 7:13 AM, One Man Banned said:

Guess you're going to think twice before you sit on the can with your cock and balls tucked below you lolz.

Sure that's a rat and not a mouse?  There's always the possibility that a mouse fell in trying to get water and couldn't get back out due to the smooth sides, although rats have been known to make their way through sewer pipes.  Lid being down wouldn't matter, mice can fit through holes the size of a dime.  Vermin are unfortunately a part of home ownership.  I've had to get to know my place pretty well inside and out doing exclusion work to prevent them but it beats chewed wood/wires, mouse turds, etc.

Definitely rat. I’ve lived enough city life to size the 2 of them up pretty good. Plus, they are heavy in the immediate neighborhood as we live on kind of a hill slope right off a busy highway. It’s the rat land heaven outside of being near the ocean. Or subways. Little motherfucker definitely came from the sewer and got trapped under the lid cause we barely use it since moving in. I think that’s the problem ender anyways. Gotta utilize our 3rd full bath Lolol. Mad first worldy probz. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Dark_Knight said:

Hey yuck can you stop living your life so you can answer some guy on the internets question?

here I am. Traffic was a fucking bitch tonight. 

so you can turn that into an outlet. 

You are going to need (1) single gang old work box

7B0A2B80-0E35-4684-99CD-3C689E190E7B.jpeg.06c9bc9ce0e91043ff60edee7b210923.jpeg

you are also gonna need on of these

BCF77E18-E6AB-42B4-848D-CCD4818A4753.jpeg.308763feffc000b6003812eb28a5c4cb.jpeg

Most importantly, you are gonna need one of these

B3F4342B-078C-486F-9DC7-E028816E7052.thumb.jpeg.df1dd30ec12eb82a0d086e58268fb315.jpeg

The first thing You need to do is determine which one of those wires is bringing the juice and which one is the continuing wire on to the next stop.

wait… is there another wall sconce? And I would assume they are controlled by a switch some where?

• Props 3

2 hours ago, Dark_Knight said:

Yep! And now all my money is getting drained from my pocket. Worth it tho

Same boat Oner. Looks like you got yourself a elderly home like me. Fuckin cold came in a few weeks ago and we went to turn on our ancient baseboard heat only to find out our boilers junk. 3 months in. Heat worked fine during both inspections too. Fuckin bullshit. Luckily we have a 2 family and the upstairs apartment that we’re actively converting into a single house has working heat. Since that’s where our sleeping quarters are it’s all good for now. Just been using space heaters in the common areas downstairs until we figure out which avenue to take. Leaning on ductless mini splits throughout instead of replacing said ancient boiler. Gotta get more quotes but so far it’s looking in the neighborhood of 20-25k. 8-9k just for new boiler and old ass ugly baseboard heat. To me that’s a no brainer for essentially central heat/ac. What do you guys think? @mr.yuck

• Like 3

@NightmareOnElmStreet Yeah my house has a coal shoot for heating the house with coal back in the day. Luckily my house has gas heat now. My furnace went out immediately tho. So that set me back a few grand. Electric is fucked too. Knob and tube with fuse boxes. But it’s usable. Will just need to replace if I ever sell it. Good looking house tho. Good bones and all that. Price was right too. Just didnt realize how long everything would take to complete. Have a lot of projects that I will realistically have to postpone for a long while once I factored in time and price. Still better than renting tho. 

Boiler heat is tough. I’d say it would be worth getting rid of but damn that price is steep. Maybe insurance can cover it? I’d look up loopholes Bc my buddy owns rentals and always finds a way for insurance to pay for shit.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

Same boat Oner. Looks like you got yourself a elderly home like me. Fuckin cold came in a few weeks ago and we went to turn on our ancient baseboard heat only to find out our boilers junk. 3 months in. Heat worked fine during both inspections too. Fuckin bullshit. Luckily we have a 2 family and the upstairs apartment that we’re actively converting into a single house has working heat. Since that’s where our sleeping quarters are it’s all good for now. Just been using space heaters in the common areas downstairs until we figure out which avenue to take. Leaning on ductless mini splits throughout instead of replacing said ancient boiler. Gotta get more quotes but so far it’s looking in the neighborhood of 20-25k. 8-9k just for new boiler and old ass ugly baseboard heat. To me that’s a no brainer for essentially central heat/ac. What do you guys think? @mr.yuck

That sounds about right. I got 3 separate quotes to completely reduct my house and replace all of my units brand new. They were in that same range. I think 28k was the high mark. I told all of those busters to eat the worlds biggest bag of dicks and ended up calling a smaller company without brand new trucks and tv commercials and shit. They got me done for like 14k and were in and out in like 3 or 4 days.

• Props 1

5 hours ago, Dark_Knight said:

@NightmareOnElmStreet Yeah my house has a coal shoot for heating the house with coal back in the day. Luckily my house has gas heat now. My furnace went out immediately tho. So that set me back a few grand. Electric is fucked too. Knob and tube with fuse boxes. But it’s usable. Will just need to replace if I ever sell it. Good looking house tho. Good bones and all that. Price was right too. Just didnt realize how long everything would take to complete. Have a lot of projects that I will realistically have to postpone for a long while once I factored in time and price. Still better than renting tho. 

Boiler heat is tough. I’d say it would be worth getting rid of but damn that price is steep. Maybe insurance can cover it? I’d look up loopholes Bc my buddy owns rentals and always finds a way for insurance to pay for shit.

You need to check with your insurance provider and find out exactly what is covered a lot of times insurance will make you cover the cost of repairs on the source of the damage and then pay to repair what was damaged by the source.

• Truth 1