CBD

KILZ FILLZ

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 2 weeks later...

Based upon some recent discussion with @diggityin @fat ralphy's Health and Fitness Motivation Thread, I thought maybe a thread talking about vitamin, supplements, herbs etc (basically stuff in addition to diet and exercise, might be useful. I know I've been super curious about CBD and have heard everything from it being a miracle elixer to straight snake oil.

No doubt everyone is different, physiologies are different, metabolisms are different and we will all likely respond in different ways due to those types of factors, but lets hear about some of what you guys are doing that has worked, as well as lessons learned that have not.

I'll start by saying that magnesium supplements have helped me manage stress better than anything else. You can't just steady take magnesium like a daily vitamin because your body does get used to it. Like a lot of fitness supplements, you have to cycle it and it also is better metabolized with other stuff, namely calcium. Like anything else, there's quality brands and shit brands, but as I understand it, magnesium is fairly rare in average diets so the body doesn't normally get much of it. Likewise, the body depletes it rapidly during times of prolonged stress. A lot of the time, it just sort of keeps my "balance" somewhat steady and I almost don't feel anything at all... Just normal. Other times I've taken it and almost felt like I was on an opioid or something... So freakin mellow it was like a cloud of bliss. I try to always keep some on hand and during times of particular anxiety crack open my supply of a powder called "Calm", which for me has worked better than everything else, again can't just take it all the time.

Beyond that, I also regularly take quality fish oil and vitamin D, because I live so far North and don't get much sun in the Winter months. Was told vitamin D also helps with depression. Other than that, I've tried lots of multi vitamins and daily supplements and actually grew up with a mom that always had vitamins next to the dinner plate. Beyond what's been stated above, the only stuff I've taken that I could feel have a tangible effect was GNC Mega Men Energy Multi Vitamin.

Calm: https://www.naturalvitality.com/natural-calm

GNC Mega Men Energy Multi Vitamin - https://www.gnc.com/vitamins_supplements/201722.html?cgid=vitamins_supplements#prefn1=brand&prefv1=GNC+Mega+Men®&start=1

---------

In regards to CBD, I'm really interested to hear your experiences and research on it. I've been looking at it for a while, but have not tried it. I don't smoke weed and dont really have much experience in that regard, but have heard a lot of good stuff about quality CBD. Here's a link to a brand that made my radar, but again, havent tried it. Maybe if there's enough of us interested in it, I can reach out through 12oz and see if I can get us our own discount code. 

Alpen Organics: https://alpenorganics.com/

Here's a coupon code I saw for them and the IG account where I found out about it...

D95A0AE0-5125-4219-8059-C114E3FF2201.thumb.png.0d56a07bc2038dcc088d58d12e9813c5.png

• Like 1

Just posted this in the Went to a Starbucks for the first time in like two years and... thread...

Two winters ago I got diagnosed pre diabetic due to way too many years of massive sugar intake, which triggered a deep dive into trying to understand diet and especially the effects of sugar on the body, as well as the sugar industry and its impact on modern diet. Summary: it's some super fucked up stuff and you really shouldn't add sugar to anything you eat or use it as an ingredient. After you wean off sugar, its fairly easy to avoid and you'll note that things have more flavor as they aren't overwhelmed by sweetness. In fact, if you start easting something sweet after that sugar fast, it almost tastes too sweet.

In any case, its hard to live without sweetening things at all, so after a ton of research, this was the only quality solution I came across. Most stevia and alternate sweeteners are either made from chemical shit thats just about as bad in other ways, or packed full of fillers and junk. Some decent super markets will have decent stevia, but many just tasted bitter, even in small doses, which is the main problem with less than premium quality stevia. This is the best I've found:

Stevia Select: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CB1QP46/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I’ve fallen off my diet hard the past few months. There was a point while living in Colorado where i had never felt better though. I was cycling every day, on the weekends it would be x10, and i was eating pretty good. I had a handful of meals i would switch between during the week. Always some mixture of meat and veggies. My breakfast in the morning when i got home from work was always, 4 eggs, parsley, bell peppers, onions. Every now and then i would add chorizo.

I was also fucking with CBD heavily. I had a tincture that i would take 3 drops from a couple times a day. I had a Icy-Hot style cream for after skating/cycling that worked great. My legs would feel like they were radiating while using it. Sometimes i would have these patches that you would cut in half that the woman at the shop told me had the “relaxation equivalent of 2 Valiums.” Now i’ve only taken Valium once so i cant speak on that, but i can say, if i slapped that bad boy on my foot. I’d sleep like a fucking rock for 8+ hours easy. 

That was during the weeks, on the weekends all bets were off. I’d eat whatever i wanted and would munch weed edibles on my bike rides while hitting a weed vape pen if i needed a pick me up, (a friend bought and left the pen when visiting.) It was a glorious time for me physically and mentally.

I was also fucking with my mentality through micro-dosing shrooms and occasionally going whole hog into a bag. It worked great for me. It felt cleansing and i actually feel like i’m due. In a few hours i had let go of so much negative shit i had been harboring my whole life. I had reached that point where i had no other options that i saw. Recreational drugs never worked, booze never worked, anti-depressants never worked.. a couple hard doses of psilocybin did the trick though. I’m very happy there seems to be some headway being gained on the positive aspects of mushrooms. Not saying they work for everyone, but they worked for me. 

Edit: i believe the CBD i fucked with was mostly Mary’s Medicinals. 

https://marysmedicinals.com/products/

Edited by abrasivesaint

My experience with CBD is through smoking. Specifically smoking CBD Critical Cure

(not pure CBD but CBD dominant)

To me, it has a bit of a depressing effect. Not same day, but it can accumulate over some days.

Also made a few tinctures and edibles from dominant CBD strains, and for me the thing to remember is to not take too much.

Don't want to add depressants hehehe

Extremely helpful for relaxing muscles. But too much and you can both overdo things and get cranky over a few days.

So to me strains that has just a bit CBD and high THC is the key

(cant really choose these days sadly . . .)

I think pure CBD is being overplayed. Like most building blocks of cannabis it's all about the balance.

I have also had good experience with daily magnesium supplements.

Tried Calm first and now i'm drinking Magnesium Citrate.

Can't say I notice the difference day to day, but i think its helpful overall.

D3 vitamin is a must up north and I'v learned the hard way to supplement with B12.

B12 only seem to come through meat and crabs. Don't eat much of that so pills it is . . .

• Like 1

My moms been on that homeopathic shit since I was in high school. A good damn long time ago. 

Organic black cherry juice for the gout and a good deal of other aches and pains.

Lavender for for skin irritations. 

Collodial Silver for colds, sinuses.

(They’re saying it’s junk these days and shouldn’t be taken for daily use but it’s worked for me plenty of times when everybody at work is fucking sick and I’m the only one who walks away unscathed after a few doses of the silver 🤷‍♂️)

On 9/13/2019 at 8:56 AM, diggity said:

ok so after last night, i think it was mostly placebo. didn't sleep that much better. would argue taking melatonin gummies gives me a better nights sleep. started today with the recommended amount. so far not sure anythings really that different or life changing. 

Are you in a state with shops? Would really recommend trying the Mary’s Medicinal stuff. You cant buy the patches online. 

I put that patch on the veins of my foot and i slept for like 12 hours easy. 

72AC1855-1EBF-4F21-BAE8-ABAA8A28D395.jpeg

Edited by abrasivesaint

My wife has some of the Marys stuff you put under your tongue it tastes better than what I bought. the guy that sold me mine said i wouldn't be able to pass a drug test  but theres only tiny amounts of thc and i wouldnt feel a high at all. CBD is legal here but weed is not. 

he also acted like it would be life changing but i wouldnt call it that.

i do feel a little more focused and chilled slightly more relaxed. hard to know if its the cbd or just placebo.

• 4 weeks later...

A CBD Vape Called “Yolo!” Contained a Psychosis-Inducing Drug

Investigators found traces of synthetic marijuana — not the advertised CBD — in the vapes.
by Victor Tangermann / October 21 2019

Vapers got more than they bargained for in Utah, according to a new investigation by the Associated Press.

By the end of 2018, 50 Salt Lake City-based users of an e-cigarette product called Yolo! — short for “you only live once” — that was advertised to contain CBD, the non-psychoactive ingredient in marijuana, experienced “an intense high of hallucinations and even seizures,” the AP reported.

Utah state investigators found traces of K2 and other synthetic marijuana compounds, which are nasty drugs linked to dangerous psychosis and even death, in Yolo!’s vape products back in 2018. According to AP, the advertised CBD wasn’t present at all.

The investigators have been going after the elusive Yolo! company for years — its owners were hard to track down and the company’s name changed at least once — but the hunt stopped short, with the U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency focusing its efforts on the developing opioid crisis instead.

But reporters did find a hot lead: former Yolo! business partner and roommate Katarina Maloney. She claimed in an August interview that all products left the company’s facilities “100 percent compliant with all laws.”

The news comes after the Center for Disease Control found that a recent outbreak in lung injuries or “vape disease” was associated with vaping. The latest estimates suggest that there are currently more than 1,000 cases of the mysterious illness.

Representatives from Yolo! and its parent company have yet to respond to requests from AP.

I worked at a smoke shop from 2015 to 2017

We were selling CBD pens and noticed that people were coming back VERY frequently and acting fiendish...

I suggested we pull the product and investigate. 

Boss told me I was tripping. 

A week later news broke out that the "just chill" brand had a synthetic cannibalized in it. 

I fucking told you, people arent giving me change and scrapping together wads of 1 dollar bills to get 20 dollar CBD pens... 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I smoked that synthetic weed shit once and ended up in jail then the mental hospital. When in the mental hospital i thought the techs were trying to steal my thoughts and dreams cause they were trump supporters so i jumped out a plexi glass window in my underwear and ran away. I figured out i had all my shit and clothes at the hospital, so i went back and they let me come back in.