Pizza Appreciation Thread

earmuffs

On 12/4/2021 at 11:22 PM, Mercer said:

@mn1_fuckosGotta admit, that looks better than most of the pizza here, but that cut tho??? They give you a knife and fork them middle slices?

we just eat it with our hands. haha

Mercer's out here like

36646737.jpg

10 hours ago, nicklesndimes said:

i don't think i've ever had chicago style pizza, that stuff looks slammin!

If your ever in town let me know if you want to grab some or need a suggestion. There is also a really delicious Deep dish placed called Pequods. 

pequods-pizza-deep-dish-caramelized-crus

Edited by mn1_fuckos
  • Like 5
  • LOL! 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Deep Dish is good

I fuck with it on occasion

It is definitely not the type of pizza you want to eat regularly.

Some of the chain deep dish are good but theyre just overpriced as fuck because of the tourist hype.

There's another pizza place called chicago pizza and oven grinder that I have never been too for some strange reason but from what I hear it is delicious.

int_192-2-e1476376376300.jpg 

Edited by mn1_fuckos
  • Like 5
  • LOL! 1

A while back I roasted a leg of lamb. Never done that and it seemed like with the weather getting colder something hearty would be nice. Well-I learned two things- lamb kind of sucks except in gyro form, and a leg of the stuff is pretty fucking huge. Luckily it freezes well but I’ve been trying to figure out something useful to do with it because there is…so goddamn much. Eventually I hit on lamb pizza! Channeled memories of cooking with a long ago Persian ex girlfriend and threw in cinnamon + finish with lemon zest. Pretty dang good. A4F3D7D8-C8F8-4EDB-AA3E-45CCBDA74FAE.thumb.jpeg.e5598985fba1f8a0b2c8689e8bd1df09.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Props 1

@Schnitzelha ha! It was a bit better than than (not by much) and served its purpose. Locals here love the place where I picked that up. It’s wannabe deep dish spot that was on my mind after the Chicago pizza posts on here. Something is always just a little off about their slices but I keep going back to give them a chance once every so often.  

• Like 1

I tried a place last night for the first time that serves "NY Style",  it was pretty decent but I think the shortcoming was in the dough which I suspect is some premade option. Glad to have a new option even if they fall short out of laziness. They were bumping 90's gangster rap in the back which improved my assessment of their work culture. 

On the menu they have "Beef Patty", I asked and they said it is just a straight up burger patty. Is that some regional thing? I have never seen, nor had any particular desire to have a burger patty as an appetizer before.

• Like 1
  • LOL! 2

You find that beef patty option and other choices along the same vein at Chinese restaurants that also sell hamburgers and buffalo wings. I feel like it might be a cultural misunderstanding of the ingredients intention. Lol. What was the pizza place? The best option I’ve found around here is Sal’s, but even then, their quality shifts from location to location.

@morton

Edited by mr.yuck

6 hours ago, morton said:

I tried a place last night for the first time that serves "NY Style"

On the menu they have "Beef Patty", I asked and they said it is just a straight up burger patty. Is that some regional thing? I have never seen, nor had any particular desire to have a burger patty as an appetizer before.

NY style can be hit or miss, definitely had some that would not cut it in NYC.

Round here if the menu says beef patty that's a Jamaican beef patty, but one of those frozen ones, not the fresh ones you get at the Jamaican spot.

• Truth 1

Melinda's is from Belize, I went to their website to fact check before posting to make sure my memory was correct but it provided no clarification just corporate hype. A review of the wiki shows a tale of a corporate exploitation of a smaller player. Although the wiki may need to fact checked itself I will take it on its face.

While I have not had a bottle in the fridge for a long time I always had a soft spot for the carrot angle to it's flavor. Next time I see a bottle of Marie Sharps I will give it a try.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marie_Sharp's

Saw this guy again looking at area pizza places

Bella.png.50a6c57af494ddf0a1983de7ac30e78c.png

Definatly not as good as the full store front shot from before but thought I would follow up. It looks like their are a lot of shitty pizza places in my area and I need to decide if it is worth is to wade through them looking for the diamond in the rough.

Once again it is too bad that most reviews in the internet are such shit, it should be possible to crowd source a fucking pizza recomendation.

• Like 1

@mortonWhen I first moved here I worked at a place called Cugini’s. It was in a shopping center on the corner of greenbrier parkway and military hwy. They have since closed the restaurant and a club called The Eagles Nest has taken its place. But legend has it that Cuginis still operates within the club making slices. I’m not sure if the place has regular hours or is only catering to the dance club crowd during club hours.