Pizza Appreciation Thread

earmuffs

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
On 4/7/2022 at 5:01 PM, LUGR said:

Post a pie @Deine Mudder.

Yea, apologies.. I'm aware I never post anything but rather complain a lot in this thread 💁‍♂️

Thing is I don't really have good pizza joints around where I am at the moment; that is, there are a couple but either I'm not a fan of the style they're doing (venetian style for example, really not my thing..) or they're expensive as fuck / overrun by hipsters..

So until I'm near a proper wood fired oven the next time and have the opportunity to make some proper pizza myself I'll just make do with (gasp) deep frozen margheritas where I throw some vegetables on 😂

996094058__KNO7362copy.thumb.jpg.f98e45ceb6b33fd4abff2aed1d0548b7.jpg

1114619710__KNO7365copy.thumb.jpg.0d3860b5d23eac566d61e9604e85ffbf.jpg

• Like 2
  • Pause 1

12 hours ago, Deine Mudder said:

Yea, apologies.. I'm aware I never post anything but rather complain a lot in this thread 💁‍♂️

Thing is I don't really have good pizza joints around where I am at the moment;

All good. post some crazy German food in another thread.  I just found out that old pretzels are made into dumplings there.

Slice of Homage - dope joint in SJ. Spot is complete fire, you have to order day before and they often run out of dough so you might not get your first choice. $50+ pizza and two slices has you full…..insert Spike Lee “two slices gif” here.

The second joint is a Costco or Sam

Clubs frozen jawn that my boy at work swore was good. He recommended the other place so I took his word - best frozen pizza I have ever had.

No pics of the finished product but trust your boy. 

DE3F32A0-CF65-4BD9-B65B-A808C4F9C052.jpeg

539CCAE0-B28B-4E3A-AD39-744472BBB5B6.jpeg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, morton said:

Does anyone have there head wrapped around what parts of the country consider white sauce to be béchamel and where it is considered to be garlic and oil?

Good question, but they are 2 different things?  Most anywhere I've been in the country a white pie is a cheese/garlic/oil base.  Not considered sauce in those instances.  Rarely have I seen bechamel for pizza, and then it's usually some smaller/personal size gourmet type pizza with wild mushrooms and caramelized onions or something, kind of a play off a tart or similar?  Also feel like that's more a restaurant offering vs something you find in a pizzeria.  If it's in any way regional I never noticed.

• Like 1

On 4/19/2022 at 7:15 AM, One Man Banned said:

Good question, but they are 2 different things?  Most anywhere I've been in the country a white pie is a cheese/garlic/oil base. 

They are absolutely two different things.

I have had béchamel when expecting garlic a from a couple local places and was wondering if it was a regional or east coast thing. Perhaps it is just another  indicator that this is a good part of the country to work on home pizza making.