Pizza Appreciation Thread

earmuffs

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I'm not a regular in this thread, but I am a fan of pizza. Not Chicago.  Not Detroit.

Thin crust woodfired is the pinnacle, almost anything can be good on the right crust,  even salad. 

But the one your mother just posted is likely to end up soggy with stringy bites.

Unless that broccoli was blanched it won't have time to cook before the crust is burned up. Looking closer at the pics that broccoli looks raw while the (assuming) mozz has already melted. It's pretty, but no way with those ratios will that be a good eat. Should have roasted the broccoli first, then thrown it on the pie before baking that way you can get some color on the cheese and crust.

• Like 2

Totally...

Roast 15 to 22 minutes or until browned around the edges. Squeeze a little lemon juice onto the broccoli and sprinkle with red pepper flakes, if desired.

Roast:

Roast at 425°F (220°C) for 16-20 minutes until cooked through (check by poking with a fork, should be fork tender) and lightly browned. The browned bits are the best! So don't worry if you see some charring.

Step 3

Roast in the preheated oven until broccoli is tender and lightly browned, about 18 minutes.

Toss the broccoli florets with the olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper on a baking sheet. Spread them out and then roast, without stirring, until the edges are crispy and the stems are crisp tender, about 20 minutes.

If you're blanching anything 'til its soft as my dick, you're blanching it too long and/or you're not hitting the ice bath when you're done allowing to continue cooking. Either way, doing it wrong.

Again, broccoli has its place on pizza, but the previous example belongs on a salad bar.

(note: the quotes are from the first four recipes that pop up  from google and call for florets, not full body broccoli)

• FuckBoi 1
  • LOL! 1

On 6/6/2022 at 6:29 AM, One Man Banned said:

I just imagine that you either have pieces of broccoli or other veggie falling off left and right, unless there's enough cheese underneath to anchor it.

One place I go does broccoli/sausage/olive, works well and got me more into broccoli as a topping.  Think it helps that they use smaller florets so they get a slight char/caramelization.

• Like 1