The Skateboard Thread

SPORTO

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Nope, just saying that most dudes that shit on him, can't even skate a ramp that's higher than 5 feet tall, nevermind 13.

But yeah dude. Stairs. Yeah.

You're the only one who has mentioned stairs.

By the way, those old Jim's Ramp Jam videos with nothing but mini-ramp skating...WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY more interesting to watch than any vert skating done after 1990.

Miniramps>vert.

As for Rodney Mullin that dude is fucking amazing, would rather watch him skate over the vast majority of others.

Oh I forgot it is cool to hate people that are successful - ignore my post

I've seen Rodney Mullen skate in person at least twice.

And he is by far THE most consistent skateboarder I've ever seen in my life.

He literally has all that shit that he does in videos on lock.

• Like 1

Nobody is hating on either of these guys.

But watching a robot skateboard isn't very entertaining.

Look at Danny Way, he's almost as technically sound as Hawk was but he has tonnnnnnnnnnes more style and is funner to watch skateboard.

Funny you should say that, cause Danny Way might as well be a robot with all his bionic body parts.

Seriously though, I've never heard anybody mention Danny Way and style in the same sentence.

Danny Way if anything falls into the robotic skater category, and always has.

Be real... you really don't know shit about skateboarding and are just trying to jump into the conversation because you saw me posting and have a borderline hard-on for me.

PSSSSHHHHFT! lol. naw dawg. i can't even flipkick like that. it'd prolly be switch if anything.

but on da strengf. tony hawk ain't all that bad. i just thought what ol forsit said was funny.

he is hella corny though. and did the 900 like over a decade ago and people still yell

"heyyy man do the 900 br0!" out of they're car windows. it s fucking gay. end of story.

i respect the dude for the obvious reasons because i'm not 5 and remember he was

pretty rad before that 900 bs. but still. and rodney mullen may lack in overall "style" but

his trick bag, minus the darkslide(ugghhh) make up for allll that shit. lets all just go back to backside 180's off curbs. kthnxbai.

Do you not see where you contradicted yourself?

Funny you should say that, cause Danny Way might as well be a robot with all his bionic body parts.

Seriously though, I've never heard anybody mention Danny Way and style in the same sentence.

Danny Way if anything falls into the robotic skater category, and always has.

Be real... you really don't know shit about skateboarding and are just trying to jump into the conversation because you saw me posting and have a borderline hard-on for me.

Inventing/murdering the super ramp wasn't robotic. Neither were all the tricks he's nailed over it. Also your hard on for yourself is way past borderline.

Can either of you mopes read?

Forsit is black, so I expect him to have trouble with words, but Turtz...what's your excuse?

I never said he wasn't great.

I said his style is lacking.

Yeah sure, he has technical ability.

That means zero to me though.

Style over ability.

i only read fortits comment and made a dumb parody of it. but ultimately i was agreeing with you. i said he looks mad gumby = lanky and wiry, but he rips.

you cant say his style is lacking completely though. his invert game is/was ill.. ive seen him slide some back disasters pretty steezy too.. dont front on ya boy nao

You're the only one who has mentioned stairs.

By the way, those old Jim's Ramp Jam videos with nothing but mini-ramp skating...WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY more interesting to watch than any vert skating done after 1990.

Miniramps>vert.

Ramps like that one, i totally agree with. That's a man's mini.

one of my absolute favorites