The Skateboard Thread

SPORTO

i'm ashamed of my first deck. but hey. when you pick up skateboarding being

from my neighborhood and not knowing the first fucking thing about whats legit and not.

yer bound to choose the wrong shit. ESpecially when anything hood-esque catches your eye.

i can't find the graphic right now but i'll keep looking. lolol.

CRACK! fucks good fool!??

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I've been tryin to find a pic but no luck... It was around the time virtual reality came out. Plan B Colin Mckay slick that had a huge coca cola logo that said Colin mckay. It was dark green with silver letters. After skating it for a few hours me and my friends where looking at it and saw some different colors where it had nose slide marks? Took a fork and wtf, it was like a scratch off lotto ticket. I scratched most of it off and there was a whole new graphic underneath. Don't really remember what it was. I think it was some sort of dark evil lookin shit. I loved slicks. I think ima get one just for old times Sake. Anybody seen this deck let me know.

Super random but I just skimmed through the last few pages of this thread so I thought I'd throw this out there. No disrespect to any body with super high flat ground ollies but , Brian Tucci hands down on a bad day has more ups than any one past or current ( Wainwright,Donger,Forbes ,Maldonado ,Sheffey,Westgate, ect

. I see it for my self every couple of months downtown. If you've skated with Brian you know what the deal is. Funny thing is dude is almost 40 and fucks up DC on a daily basis. And does it for himself,for fun. Most people have long forgotten the reasoning behind it. Money and fame can be a plus but, when it comes down to it skateboarding is childs play.

Super random but I just skimmed through the last few pages of this thread so I thought I'd throw this out there. No disrespect to any body with super high flat ground ollies but , Brian Tucci hands down on a bad day has more ups than any one past or current ( Wainwright,Donger,Forbes ,Maldonado ,Sheffey,Westgate, ect

. I see it for my self every couple of months downtown. If you've skated with Brian you know what the deal is. Funny thing is dude is almost 40 and fucks up DC on a daily basis. And does it for himself,for fun. Most people have long forgotten the reasoning behind it. Money and fame can be a plus but, when it comes down to it skateboarding is childs play.

I've been saying for years that it seems like everyone from DC has that DC pop.

Even my boy who moved to Philly from there back in the day had ridiculous pop.

I can't think of a single DC head who doesn't have a serious ollie game.

I've always joked that it must be something in the water.

i'm ashamed of my first deck. but hey. when you pick up skateboarding being

from my neighborhood and not knowing the first fucking thing about whats legit and not.

yer bound to choose the wrong shit. ESpecially when anything hood-esque catches your eye.

i can't find the graphic right now but i'll keep looking. lolol.

CRACK! fucks good fool!??

groton next sunday is what the fuck is good! steak, beer, punchin` little kids on scooters. YOU IN!?

Yo Substance, I was gonna wait till Celt started coming in here again to post this.

But I think you could probably appreciate it just as much.

My boy just gave me this shit for $20.

He got it from some oldhead who I think gave it to him.

IMG_4323.jpg

As you can see it's pre-fish tail.

I think it's the first run ever when Tony Hawk first turned pro.

It has the dragon logo instead of the ripper, but it's not Bonite.

IMG_4321.jpg

It's got the OG indies and what I believe to be the original Rat Bones.

I don't recognize the rails, but the tailbone is Variflex and all signs point to it being from when Variflex was a legit company

back when Lance Mountain used to ride for them.

The bearings are rusted solid, but I'm gonna put some Swiss in there and get it rolling again just for the fuck of it.

This was my first real deck.

DC_StaabScientist_S.jpg

Then some neighborhood kids told me if you broke your board Vision would replace it.

So I jammed it under a door and snapped the tail off, took the bus down to Vision and they did replace it ... but I didnt get a choice of replacement ...They gave me a Pharaoh.

sims_pharoh_sjoy.jpg