The general discussion thread within our general discussion.

The housing market took a 30% nose dive in sales last month. People aren't getting that above asking bidding war anymore. From what I've been looking at, the people who have their houses on the market are starting to drop their asking price by 30-50k across the board within a week of being on the market.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

@fat ralphysee you in 15 years back at the top of the market! Soon is gonna be the time to buy. It's crazy. All these hood houses that sell for $20k around here have been going for 80-100k for the past few years. All these house flippers that bought in recently are about to eat shit. Be ready to jump on their heads while they are down.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, fat ralphy said:

@mr.yuck I should buy a retirement property now

That real estate thread @KILZ FILLZ started had me getting hard over out of state possibilities. 

Yeah I really wish I had my shit together back in 2008. This is a second chance to get right. Spread that HCOL bread around these southern states like a tycoon!

3 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

Looks like the housing market just imploded. Hope y'all took advantage of the cheap money and outrageous profits to be gained in real estate. @NightmareOnElmStreetnext year is your year to jump into the multi unit game! 

Idk wtf is going on but I feel like such a loser pussy lol. Our mortgage just jumped kinda hella high and we’re both retards. I’m just out here trying to understand life. Also. PayPal is literally the fucking worst platform ever and I don’t understand why it’s even still around. I’ve used it on occasion earlier when I first started out but last year or 2 not at all because of all the fees. Haven’t used it in a minute because of that fact alone. A client of mine started acting weird about her”Venmo” not working and we settled on PayPal. Come to find out these motherfuckers are holding a large portion hostage for TWENTY ONE days. I’m so tight and there ain’t shit I can do about it cause you literally can’t get on the phone with these fucks to bitch them out. Never using that shit again. I’ll try to calm tf down now lol. 

• Like 2
  • Truth 1

@NightmareOnElmStreetI had a problem like that with accepting credit cards through QuickBooks. I noticed after about 3 weeks that my bank account was getting hella low. Then I noticed non of my credit card payments had gone through. I found out quick books uses some bullshit 3rd party processor and these fools made me prove that my company wasn't funneling money to terrorists before they released the payments. I told them that when they finally released my money I was gonna go make a cash donation to my local neighborhood terrorist organization and suggest their company as a target. Fuck them. I don't accept credit cards anymore.

My mortgage also went up by about $250 a month because of increased tax value. We'll see if it goes back down as the value of my house goes back down a little.

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

2 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

@NightmareOnElmStreetI had a problem like that with accepting credit cards through QuickBooks. I noticed after about 3 weeks that my bank account was getting hella low. Then I noticed non of my credit card payments had gone through. I found out quick books uses some bullshit 3rd party processor and these fools made me prove that my company wasn't funneling money to terrorists before they released the payments. I told them that when they finally released my money I was gonna go make a cash donation to my local neighborhood terrorist organization and suggest their company as a target. Fuck them. I don't accept credit cards anymore.

My mortgage also went up by about $250 a month because of increased tax value. We'll see if it goes back down as the value of my house goes back down a little.

Everything is shit. Kind of. At least i'll be drinkin beers listening to the mf'n legend Diamond D spin records tonight.

• Like 4
  • Props 1

When I lived in Vegas, one of the delivery drivers that frequented the salon told us in the case where she would normally get road rage she had a giant double sided purple dildo she would wave around out the window at the person who wronged  her or if someone was upset at her actions. She said 100% of the time the rage was lifted from both drivers hahaha 

• Like 2
  • Props 2
  • LOL! 3

19 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

@fat ralphysee you in 15 years back at the top of the market! Soon is gonna be the time to buy. It's crazy. All these hood houses that sell for $20k around here have been going for 80-100k for the past few years. All these house flippers that bought in recently are about to eat shit. Be ready to jump on their heads while they are down.

couldnt agree more. i felt crazy watching people salivate over the chance to put down $100k over  asking for homes around here. my parents were falling for it too — why aren't you trying? buy something! not that i had asking or $100k over asking, but the bubble seemed obvious, to me.

i laid low and stacked and got a new job — excited to buy something next year 

• Props 2

8 minutes ago, Elena Delle Donne said:

couldnt agree more. i felt crazy watching people salivate over the chance to put down $100k over  asking for homes around here. my parents were falling for it too — why aren't you trying? buy something! not that i had asking or $100k over asking, but the bubble seemed obvious, to me.

i laid low and stacked and got a new job — excited to buy something next year 

I watched my parents fuck up in the 2008 crash. They got greedy. Their neighbor put his house up for sale for 1 mil, which was fucking ludicrous for the neighborhood, even in my eyes. They wanted to see if his house would sell for asking and then they could raise the price of their house with a valid comp right next door. He floundered around for some months before deciding he wasn't going to sell his house at all. By the time he did all that, the market had started to collapse.

They were able to recoup their initial investment but they also lost out on profiting around 300-400k. That would have been double + what they had in it.

In the last 6 years my spot has doubled in value - this being the Bay Area, I really doubt that increase in equity is going to drop very significantly. It has/will drop but the economy will recover and so will the housing market. 

That said had I not bought when I did I wouldn’t be able to afford to live here.

2bdr 2bth 1,070 sq ft on a 7,664 sq ft lot was 575k and in the last 7yrs value has increased by 700k fucking ridiculous. 

The biggest value add has been my homie who got sick and dropped 100k into converting my detached garage into a fully permitted 1bdr 1bth apartment. The homie just paid for the entire project- expecting nothing in return just to live rent free until he died. Stage 4 cancer we knew he had took him out 6 months after we completed. I can get roughly 1,800 - 2k renting out the back apartment. 

I get hella salty when I think about the equity I took out to buy my ex out even though she didn’t contribute shit to buying in the first place - but that’s irrelevant at this point and I am so glad she is gone.

Hence the reason I am doing Trap House home improvements -  dough is tight when you gotta hold a place like this solo. Hella grateful to have a place.

If you guys can get anything when the market is bottoming - it is almost always a wise investment. Property values almost always increase. 

• Like 3
  • Truth 1