The general discussion thread within our general discussion.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

That probably played a factor - this squat machine at work is a little short for me and I generally use the whole stack on the machine, I think that was the underlying factor.

Also banging and just being old in general. I fucked myself up at jiu jitsu three years ago and it has never been the same since. 

• Like 1

Old man shit. I try to stretch regularly but it always ends up being bi weekly. Like once a week lol. Fuckin loser. I keep hoping one of these days my brain will just get it together and stick to what I know is good and works for me. At least I can get a good 5 day streaky of duolingo. That’s something. 

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

It's no good. When I stand up from sitting for extended periods, I kinda still look like I'm in a sitting position. I waddle for 3 or 4 feet until my body straightens itself back up.

A few weeks ago I saw some one on TV do the same shit. I jumped up with my left hand on top of my head, my right hand pointing at the TV and yelled at my old lady "oh my fucking God. Is that what I look like?" I looked over at her and she genuinely looked worried as she shook her head up and down.

• Like 1
  • Truth 1
  • LOL! 3

I did hit skins but obviously didn’t do anywork…

@mr.yuck thats fucking priceless dude - I was hella ashamed of my gait when I was working on Wednesday. 

I am improving today but I am still pretty fucked up. There will be no progress on the trap house this weekend unless my pops is willing to work solo as I just talk shit….highly doubt it. 

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

@fat ralphysometimes you just gotta trick them into coming over like everything is all good. Then when they get there be all like "arg. My fuckin back."

Funny enough, I worked for this drywall company years ago and we had meetings every morning to get our work assignments. Dudes would get chewed out for fucking up and they would make excuses about shit. It was hilarious. But my boss man would always be on some "Jesus Christ! It's just drywall," type shit. So when I quit there and started my first company, I named it "It's just drywall".

When he comes over, you can tell him that shit.

• Like 1
  • Props 1
  • LOL! 4

I tend to lock my knees when I’m standing and I can really tell when I stood longer than usual the day after. 
gotta stick to that daily stretch. It’s better for you than you think. I’m closer to 50 than 40 and I run circles around these lil lazy fucks at work. 
some key words also -

discipline over motivation 

If you’re disciplined you will never need to search for motivation. 

deal with it. 😎

• Like 2
  • Truth 2

"Toxic" covers a wide spectrum. If you, or she, are engaging in DV type behavior I suggest you take a moment and evaluate your appreciation for personal freedom. Good friend of mine went bonkers over a female and they were doing the on again off again keep it spicy by calling the law show. In the end he spent a chunk of time in jail and well over a year of government supervision.

If you just mean you would rather be done with her then some similar but less urgent meditation on themes of personal freedom and potential, erase her number and find a hobby or some shit to keep you occupied on your own. 

Good luck, I have never gone crazy over a ex, but have seen people do it and it is scary. Maybe a good time to try some head shrinker to get some tools, I dunno. 

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

8 hours ago, Dark_Knight said:

Bros I have been hung up on my ex for like 9+ months now. Keep going back and getting toxic and all that. I do not know how to break away. I need advice. I meet cool chicks then it just makes me want to be with her more so I ghost them and go back to toxic. How do I stop?

Get one of these newer broads you are meeting preggers.  Boom. 

e:  This is not good advice.  Like Morton said, you have to do your best to clean break it.  Delete and block the number, tell her to leave you alone, stick to your guns. 

Edited by metronome

11 hours ago, Dark_Knight said:

Bros I have been hung up on my ex for like 9+ months now. Keep going back and getting toxic and all that. I do not know how to break away. I need advice. I meet cool chicks then it just makes me want to be with her more so I ghost them and go back to toxic. How do I stop?

Wolf solves this 

• Truth 1

12 hours ago, Dark_Knight said:

just be about you for a while. The more you’re into you-you will naturally avoid toxic

Dont aim to meet anyone. Just go ride a bike n shit. Read some books.  Take yourself to lunch. Focus on some financial plans. Anything else besides trying to have someone else. Just be about you! 

• Truth 1
  • Props 1

29 minutes ago, Dark_Knight said:

we dated 2+ years.

and @mortonnothing crazy like that. Just arguing and baggage. Frustrating stuff. I have a bleeding heart so it’s hard for me to turn my back so easily. You’re right tho. Effort needs to be put in

You're just being lazy. It's easier to fall back into old routines than it is to make new ones.

• Like 1
  • Truth 3

@Dark_Knight 

Seems like you already know the answer.

All I can say is that after my 16 year relationship the one thing I can say is I will put up with exactly zero bullshit. 

Is my current chick perfect? No, but she is pretty fucking rad. Respects me, provides for me, shows thoughtfulness…..

If you are getting your needs met and are happy then stick with the chick, but seems like that is not the case. 

You’re too much of a G to be getting  dicked around my guy….

• Truth 3