Pass the Corona ese... Novel Corona aka COVID-19

abrasivesaint

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
13 hours ago, misteraven said:

Pandemic is a very specific designation defined by the WHO, and adopted by the CDC and other national health organizations and not just an arbitrary term to describe diseases that cross borders. Covid-19 stopped being a pandemic several months ago. 

That's interesting. Is that because it has no where else to spread? Is it back to and epidemic, just on a world scale?

On 6/17/2020 at 7:08 PM, morton said:

The United States currently has as many people unemployed as Canada has people.

I have not been following the day to day lately, something like 115.000 dead. There are some new hot spots and spikes etc. but I think the show to watch is going to be in the fall.

well that aged about as well as a wet fart 

12 hours ago, Kults said:

well that aged about as well as a wet fart 

I was emphasizing the number of unemployed to counter an argument you were making to end unemployment benefits because there were enough jobs delivering packages to offset the difference. An argument that was nonsense on the face and which, as usual you backed down from after the most perfunctory examination of the facts.

Now  you post a memo from 2011 talking about pandemic definitions and the death rate of the H1NI influenza, apparently to bolster the nonsensical argument that the pandemic is over and has been for months. What are you even trying to say?

Let me guess, everything is overblown but not really and that things should have been handled differently but you cant say how?

In the beginning you said that you were glad to be in Canada because they would handle it better, you were right, the death rate there per 100k is about half what it is here. Since you quoted me I took a look to see if I could find where you said that and you deleted the post. lol. But I bet you can't remember saying it or did not mean it because as far as I can tell you do not mean anything, except to troll and post memes.

So how about you explain where I was wrong in stating that the fall would be interesting, I think we are looking at closing on 400k by the year anniversary and the right wing has gone totally bonkers and is pushing against even the most basic counter measures like masking, testing and social distancing. 

• Truth 2

ah finally a proper response from you rather than some snarky useless wiki link anyone can edit. 

sure i’ll explain. you insinuated the fall would be some big catastrophe. you were wrong. rather than recalibrate you doubled down on the fear mongering. truth be told at first it was scary for everyone, now people are just showing their true colours. you’re scared? stay home, let people get on with their lives. 

The response in Canada was more proactive but truth be told there are so many factors at play it’s impossible to know if a slightly earlier lockdown even had that big of an effect. much less if the continued lockdown measures are worth the cost. 

so to reiterate; you were and are still talking out of your ass.  yes, the pandemic in the classical sense of the word and defined by the WHO is over. 

• Truth 1

I never deleted any posts in this thread. I think it’s a nice time capsule. shows how people reacted in a panic. 

I don’t remember saying that but i might have seeing as to how i agree. funny that you went digging through pages looking for a ‘gotcha’ and that was the best you came up with lol 

• Like 1

What do you consider to be a catastrophic loss of life, 1000 per day does not cut it for you? 

It is not impossible to tell, that is nonsense. 

Your source that the pandemic is over is a WTO article from 2011 the CDC of the USA refers to it as a pandemic on the splash page you reach after googling CDC Covid.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html

Even debating the  definition of pandemic is nonsense, so some scientists are going rounds how they want to define things. What none of them are saying is that the coast is clear and everything is over and has been for months.

Not really a gotcha, just another example of you not having any commitments. Which in typical fashion you can neither confirm nor deny.

At any rate, I really should refrain from participating here, have a good day and be meme ready for the election.

• Trash 1

yes it was, this being the part i thought was relevant and interesting. I’m sure you had to dig very far for your wiki definition though. 

Confirm or deny what exactly? you lost me here. 

yup, as you usually do. see ya in another few weeks when you can drop another dumb one liner.

23E702A4-2ED7-4BDD-8748-359C517DBFA9.jpeg

49 minutes ago, morton said:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html

Even debating the  definition of pandemic is nonsense

no such definition in your link. why is it nonsense? seems really pertinent right now. 

E: Is this what you were looking for? 

Would you agree that 6 months in we’ve built up some herd immunity? Where is this end of days second wave? 

1A5B9E1F-FB72-49C9-AA5B-06BF2270115B.jpeg

On 11/1/2020 at 5:13 AM, misteraven said:

Pandemic is a very specific designation defined by the WHO, and adopted by the CDC and other national health organizations and not just an arbitrary term to describe diseases that cross borders. Covid-19 stopped being a pandemic several months ago. 

Ok. What are those three entities calling it these days? 

pulling up both of their websites shows they still call it a pandemic. 

I could be wrong?

B729D08D-160D-4052-A03E-F396AC53D556.jpeg

AACBD01E-6719-4C95-BCED-B90A90C58270.jpeg

Trying to see where you’re coming from with that. Do you mean we should use a definition from a medical dictionary, not one decided by WHO? Or when WHO changes the designation we follow that? I was expecting to see it referred to as something other than pandemic when pulling up their sites. 

Just now, Dark_Knight said:

I don’t have cable or social media. Covid is a Global conspiracy, right? According to trump, It goes away November 4th, so we have that to look forward to.

no one said that. it’s most definitely real.

the disconnect is on what to do about it 

3 minutes ago, nicklesndimes said:

i know a lot of people think it's just mass hysteria, and mind you i have never known a single soul to catch it, but cases here are seriously recordbreakingly on the rise.

I know two people who have had it and recovered. They both said it was absolute hell. Thankfully neither had pre-existing conditions and were able to fully recover. They both received experimental drugs that worked. 

Almost positive I had it in January. Before it was regularly recognized. I was hospitalized for 2 weeks. Couldn’t stop coughing for days. Got pneumonia and became gram positive. It was fucking awful and I felt like I was dying. I have pre existing conditions tho.

A coworker was also in the hospital at the same time. He’s obese. They induced him into a coma. He was even worse off than me.

Never confirmed, but it sure seems to add up.

shit is no joke

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

I noticed that there’s news everywhere about TX about to hit 1 million cases and how poorly the response there has been. So decided to look up stats since it’s been a long while.

Wondering why TX is being called out all over, but not California? They’re several thousand cases closer to the milestone. Or what about NYC? Are they no longer testing as widely cause they have 33% more deaths but half as many cases?

Lot of unreported / unexplained disparities in these numbers. 

12F779E0-1146-4FDF-80F0-321B896AF9BF.png

Your data might be old @misteraven

Also from yahoo, posted at 6:20 AM today, 11/11:

Texas’s Covid-19 caseload topped one million as the second most-populous U.S. state contends with some of the worst local outbreaks of the pandemic’s latest wave.

Texas cases reached 1,010,364, according to Johns Hopkins University’s Coronavirus Resource Center. The Lone Star state has surpassed California’s tally, despite having just three-fourths the population. Almost 20,000 Texans have perished from the virus and the positivity rate is 10.55, Johns Hopkins said on Wednesday.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/ca.finance.yahoo.com/amphtml/news/texas-covid-19-cases-top-142023572.html

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

Your data might be old @misteraven

Also from yahoo, posted at 6:20 AM today, 11/11:

Texas’s Covid-19 caseload topped one million as the second most-populous U.S. state contends with some of the worst local outbreaks of the pandemic’s latest wave.

Texas cases reached 1,010,364, according to Johns Hopkins University’s Coronavirus Resource Center. The Lone Star state has surpassed California’s tally, despite having just three-fourths the population. Almost 20,000 Texans have perished from the virus and the positivity rate is 10.55, Johns Hopkins said on Wednesday.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/ca.finance.yahoo.com/amphtml/news/texas-covid-19-cases-top-142023572.html

point still stands.