Pass the Corona ese... Novel Corona aka COVID-19

abrasivesaint

I just had a friend get released from a 9 day covid hospital stay. He said one of the first questions they ask when he showed up was how have you been self medicating. Apparently people that have been taking advil for their fever and other symptoms related have been in noticeably worse shape than those that have taken tylenol. 

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

There is so much unexpected shit coming out of this virus:

Seems antibodies might only last about 3 months

Likely to have lasting effects on brain health

Is able to reproduce and populate the host to the point of being infectious before the host shows symptoms

Extremely infectious due to the make up of the protein spikes

4 minutes ago, Hua Guofang said:

There is so much unexpected shit coming out of this virus:

Seems antibodies might only last about 3 months

Likely to have lasting effects on brain health

Is able to reproduce and populate the host to the point of being infectious before the host shows symptoms

Extremely infectious due to the make up of the protein spikes

This is what I don't get. This thing is extremely new, we're finding new things out about this virus damn near every day. Some people that have been recovered since April are saying that they still get winded doing basic tasks, even though they feel fine otherwise.

I'd rather not risk it if I don't have to.

• Like 1
  • Props 1

Absolutely. The people who carry on about it being no worse than a cold literally do not know what they are talking about because nobody does.

Fucked if I want to take a chance with it, especially having a kid in the house. We might think that they are largely unaffected by it, but that's based on current knowledge, which is extremely limited.

• Props 1

meanwhile down here they losing their minds because 4 guys hopped a freight into my state and got caught.
I actually think they might have been writers......

side note they 100% definitely weren't riding the SCT  trainpictured - if I was SCT I'd complain

typically quality writing from Rupert Murdoch's evil empire.

IMG_5221 2.JPG

IMG_5219.JPG

IMG_5218.JPG

Edited by Schnitzel

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, misteraven said:

Guess this topic got burned out? Figured during my hiatus that this and whatever election thread would be the boom spots?

Anyhow, will need to go back and read the last 47 pages I missed. Anything exciting?

We're all tired of talking about the 'rona, I guess. Stupid people gonna stupid. Ain't shit you can do about it.

I know 4 people that have got it so far. One was bad for a few weeks, she went to the hospital but was discharged.

One guy I work with, not sure how he's doing. Haven't really ever said much to him aside from "hi."
Girl's sister's friend, she was doing bad for a while but is getting better. She was sick for like 2 months, apparently she didn't have the energy to get to the bathroom. She fat tho.

Friend of a friend, guy was pissed that he was stuck in the house and couldn't do anything because he only had minor symptoms. Probably why he got it in the first place.

I'm still working from home and chillin' in the crib. Trying to keep the drinking to a minimum because there isn't anything else to do. Going for runs late at night when nobody is out.

• Like 1

I just found out my aunt went in for a physical and while she was there she asked to get the antibody blood test. She got the antibodies and never knew she was sick. Im wondering how many people are ducking and covering and worried to death but have already gotten it.

1 minute ago, mr.yuck said:

I just found out my aunt went in for a physical and while she was there she asked to get the antibody blood test. She got the antibodies and never knew she was sick. Im wondering how many people are ducking and covering and worried to death but have already gotten it.

I've thought about this too. I'm still over here wiping down my groceries with disinfecting wipes. Might be unnecessary but it doesn't take that long so the potential risk isn't worth it for me. Which allows me to segue into... it's crazy when you really pay attention to how many times you touch your face a day.

• Truth 1