Went to a Starbucks for the first time in like two years and...

KILZ FILLZ

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

The US is behind many other rich and developing countries in moving to a cashless economy. You can barely operate in China now unless you have a WeChat account.

There are debit cards that you can dose up with crypto currencies and use them to pay via EFTPOS (or what ever your POS systems are called). Doing this will protect privacy in that you're not leaving a rich data trail wherever you purchase things.

Precioius metals are kang!

Starbucks is always the dissappoint. But I drink my coffee black. That's it. Dark roast preferred. French press life.. Got an Armenian market that does a blend for me, grinds it according to brewing method. So good... They take cash and beads... Some of you might get that joke..

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hua Guofang said:

The US is behind many other rich and developing countries in moving to a cashless economy. You can barely operate in China now unless you have a WeChat account.

There are debit cards that you can dose up with crypto currencies and use them to pay via EFTPOS (or what ever your POS systems are called). Doing this will protect privacy in that you're not leaving a rich data trail wherever you purchase things.

Next step is to shut down merchant accounts for retailers dealing in crypto. Watch it happen.

• Truth 2

1 hour ago, IOU_ONE said:

Precioius metals are kang!

Starbucks is always the dissappoint. But I drink my coffee black. That's it. Dark roast preferred. French press life.. Got an Armenian market that does a blend for me, grinds it according to brewing method. So good... They take cash and beads... Some of you might get that joke..

Had a Venti Flat White this morning. Can confirm 9/10 SB tastes like shit. Needed more shots, tasted weak and they broke the milk by pouring too quick 👎🏻

It says right there on the money "THIS NOTE IS LEGAL TENDER FOR ALL DEBTS, PUBLIC AND PRIVATE".

I can understand not wanting to handle it as an employer, but I resent the practice of not accepting cash enough that it is a dealbreaker for me.

Another way to transfer money from the consumer to the financial industry, right past the folks you are trying to buy something from. 

• Props 2

Fuck starbucks for sure, but in some places that might be as good as it gets so I'll hit one if I'm traveling. I'm more annoyed by all the places here in NYC that only accept cash. I'm a little obsessed with tracking/categorizing every penny I spend and it fucks up my game.

On a side note I used bitcoin for an overstock transaction today for the first time to buy a small table. They proceeded to email me a discrete cash receipt for this once the transaction made it into a block or two. I can in turn use the receipt from  money with unknown origins for even more tax cheating savings. Guess who's going to furnish most of my next house.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

They don't accept cash?

Everyday we move a step closer towards The Beast. 

You sure they all don't accept cash or is that because it's a military one?  Seem to recall some state or chain of stores wanted to go cashless but people complained and blocked that, think part of the argument was around it limiting access for poorer people but could be wrong there.  

I use cash as much as humanly possible. No paper trail, no credit card company tracking what I buy when/where and such.

Also Starbucks= expensive poop coffee.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Kults said:

^ fuck all that. CASH only 

if the US/Canada moves the same way as other countries your choices will be severely limited by sticking to cash. 

Although the US is unique for a couple of reasons, it’s the largest economy and there is a strong culture of suspicion against control and regulation (often for very good reason). In terms of efficiency, it really suits business interests to go cashless and the US market is a fan of efficiency. 

@misteravenI too am very interested to see how things move with crypto and neither am I a fan of most banks. My novice gut feeling is that they won’t be able to stop a two-tiered economy but that nefarious states will take advantage of that for their own purposes. 

• Truth 1

Between mindset and where I live (not to mention economic situation), I find myself buying much less, especially frivolous purchases like coffee or food on the go. Wife buys Starbucks every once in a while, but far from the 1 - 3 times a day like when we were in nyc. 

Personally I much rather drink the iced lattes I make at home. Also, I consider my purchases much more than I used to. 

• Like 1

I make my own cold brew using this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01ATJ6AJG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I also have a french press that I only use when my mom visits because she likes her coffee hot.

If you're not hand grinding your own beans that you organically grew in your back yard with soil you made out of your own compost using a mortar and pestle, well then you're just not really enjoying coffee.

@misteraven- I've found that if I don't buy things on Amazon I save a lot more money in between my checks, it's actually quite ridiculous how much you can spend on impulse there.  In response to considering purchases a lot more, lately I've been putting things in my cart on Amazon and not buying them for a few days.  I'll go back in a few days and decide if it's really something I need/want right now, and if it is I will either buy it then or plan to buy it soon.  There are many things that I end up "saving for later".  Amazon has created this way of queue'ing up purchases that no other store has done before really.  I've actually got a list of shit I want to get in the future.  I think that's really an excellent business model if you can get people doing that..... and it's obvious in how much revenue that company makes.

• Like 1

Are you cafe nubes actually hitting up espresso these days?

The one thing I used to fucking hate about working in the States was the drip coffee SHITE and the keurig fuck in a cup crap. Stuff tasted like burnt go fuck yourself.

Starbucks, that shit is more American than America. sugary plastic cup of fuck off.

• LOL! 1