Is there a doctor in the house?

what it iz

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

does this retard still think closing your web browser disconnects you from the internet?

if that is the case, how the fuck would you explain an office LAN system ?

No such thing. Every computer has it's own Internet connection, that's why each of them have red boxes with white Xs.

Computer networking 101 :lol: ...DOES NOT EXIST.

I believe the point everyone is trying to make is that the web browser and the internet are two completely separate things.

I could close my web browser right now, but my Fabolous mixtape would still be downloading, and thus still using the interweb, cause it's always on

C'mon, br0

Dao, Dao, Dao. You're the homie, but think of it this way. If you don't open an internet browser for a whole month, you will still get an internet bill. If that makes any sense.

Kinda like how if you don't turn your TV on for a month you'll still get a cable bill?

the simplest way to think is that your internet is always connected, whether the browser is open or not.

The only way it isn't is if you go to the computer icons and disconnect, or unplug your modem. If you have a dial up connection then that you connect and disconnect, but closing the browser doesn't do that. but broadband connections are constant.

next time you start your pc howver the mouse over the computer icons and you should see it automatically connect as soon as PC starts.

Closing a browser just stops you from viewing websites, it doesn't stop you from being connected to the internet.

Again, I'll point out the very easily understandable example of downloading music. You can do that with the browser closed, and it requires the internet

Well I'm sure you do something similar to turning on your "browser" in order to connect to the internet.

the simplest way to think is that your internet is always connected, whether the browser is open or not.

The only way it isn't is if you go to the computer icons and disconnect, or unplug your modem. If you have a dial up connection then that you connect and disconnect, but closing the browser doesn't do that. but broadband connections are constant.

next time you start your pc howver the mouse over the computer icons and you should see it automatically connect as soon as PC starts.

Closing a browser just stops you from viewing websites, it doesn't stop you from being connected to the internet.

The cable to my TV is always connected too.

Yet there's a button at the top of my remote that still turns it off.

And turning my cable off also does nothing to disconnect my cable.

It just turns it off. Like clicking the red box with the white X turns my internet off.

Well I'm sure you do something similar to turning on your "browser" in order to connect to the internet.

he would have to have a P2P programme open to download the music, but that isn't a browser.

If I don't have anything open on my computer I am still connected to the internet.

If you close your internet browser and then go to your control panel, go to Network and Internet then choose network and sharing options (this is windowws 7 might be worded differently on whatever OS you have) it will show you being connected even though all you have open is control panel.

The terms Internet and World Wide Web are often used in everyday speech without much distinction. However, the Internet and the World Wide Web are not one and the same. The Internet is a global data communications system. It is a hardware and software infrastructure that provides connectivity between computers. In contrast, the Web is one of the services communicated via the Internet. It is a collection of interconnected documents and other resources, linked by hyperlinks and URLs.

• Like 1