Is there a doctor in the house?

what it iz

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cable box would be compared to the modem.

Incorrect, cable box would be comparable to web browser.

TV would be comparable to computer monitor.

Physical hardline connection would be comparable to modem.

As dao would say, any retard knows this. It's common knowledge. I would know because I just called my homie down the block and he told me anybody who thinks otherwise is an idiot.

You must teach your son how to do things the wrong way since you're so hard-headed. I heard you called your son an idiot for sitting on the toilet, and you took him outside and trained him how to squat behind a dumpster.

47774551.jpg

• Like 2

Incorrect, cable box would be comparable to web browser.

TV would be comparable to computer monitor.

Physical hardline connection would be comparable to modem.

As dao would say, any retard knows this. It's common knowledge. I would know because I just called my homie down the block and he told me anybody who thinks otherwise is an idiot.

A modem takes outside signals and translates them to digital signals. Signals that your hardware devices can use. Modem = modulate demodulate or analog to digital. Bridges and delivers old technology to newer technology

A cable box just delivers digital and analog frequencies. Some channels are digital and others like the low numbers use analog. The cable box converts these signals as a method to deliver cable TV.

Im not sure I agree with your comparisons. The web browser is your interface to the www. Most of us probably have several. Firefox, IE, ect.

While Dao is stubbornly confused as usual if you are gonna go after him you should atleast know what you are talking about. This stuff is like comparing apples to oranges.

Yes, it is like comparing apples to oranges, but when he makes that analogy this is as close as it can get.

If you seperate your modem from its hardline coaxial line, it can't translate the signal.

If you seperate your cable box from its hardline coax, it can't translate the signal.

capiche ?

the TV or Monitor would be your visual tool, and the web browser or cable box would be your translated through medium.

this isn't rocket science and I can't believe I even bothered with this.

i was watching something to do with doug stanhope (a comedian) last night and he was talking about how he thinks he is in the top 5 percent of intelligent people, but that's because most people are complete idiots.

and it got me thinking about how everyone probably thinks that about themselves, and that's kind of sad.

This reminds me of a study I read, about how stupid people are actually too stupid to realize that they're stupid. To a normal person, it would seem like they should start to notice a pattern when every statement and decision they ever made turned out to be wrong... but they're too dumb to notice that pattern, so they think that they are smart.

In other words, ignorance is bliss.

This thread started out really funny but as it progressed it just turned into a pointless argument.

Everyone knows how stubborn DAO is. Just let him win and bask in his arrogance. Meanwhile I sure hope that throughout all this arguing he's at least figured out what was wrong with his kidney/liver/whatever.

The fish dog thread was funnier, is that still around? Will hunt for it later.

This was what he originally said... to him the answer was yes. You guys got sucked into a comparison that didn't even make sense... and gave him something to argue about that strayed from the original point. Good job fags.

I would think the remote + programming guide would be comparable to the web browser.

But yeah, DAO was comparing apples and jackhammers.

• 2 weeks later...
DAO can you explain how my network consists of 2 laptops, 2 ipod touches, an ipad, 2 cell phones and an xbox 360. Yet closing a browser on one (while still downloading music, mail etc) doesn't cause the others to lose connectivity?

It's similar to how I have two TV's in my house and I can turn one off without turning the other off.

If I had 55 TV's and I turned one off, the other 54 would still be on.

Does this confuse you too?