Is there a doctor in the house?

what it iz

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best example was the picture of the modem with the green light next to "online" close your browser and see if the light stays on.

End thread

but the light stays on when i turn off my tv and cable too, so are you trying to tell me all of my everything is on forever?

• Like 1

So then like I said, he's doing something similar to opening a browser.

He's doing something that connects him to the internet.

Gotcha.

yea he needs that programme to connect to other computers to share information, he doesn't need it to connect to the internet because he already is.

the indication of you being connected to the internet is on your modem/router.

The terms Internet and World Wide Web are often used in everyday speech without much distinction. However, the Internet and the World Wide Web are not one and the same. The Internet is a global data communications system. It is a hardware and software infrastructure that provides connectivity between computers. In contrast, the Web is one of the services communicated via the Internet. It is a collection of interconnected documents and other resources, linked by hyperlinks and URLs.

Well then there you go.

When people refer to the internet, they're talking about the "world wide web".

World wide web = "internet".

Only a fucking dork would correct somebody referring to the "world wide web" as the internet. (Not that that's what you're doing, Swamp)

Or get confused at the term "turn the internet off".

And ch0 is full of fucking dorks.

nerds-1.gif

And turning my cable off also does nothing to disconnect my cable.

It just turns it off. Like clicking the red box with the white X turns my internet off.

Exactly...sort of

When you turn off your cable box, your cable is not disconnected.

When you close your browser, your Internet isn't disconnected or turned off either.

Exactly...sort of

When you turn off your cable box, your cable is not disconnected.

When you close your browser, your Internet isn't disconnected or turned off either.

You just admitted that you can turn off your cable without disconnecting it as an example for

your argument that you can't turn off your internet without disconnecting the modem.

Do you see how you just contradicted yourself?

That break from 12oz you took must have backed up your irrationality vents or something. I didn't say anything about a modem.

Look:

Think of your cable box and browser as the same thing. Both can be turned off.

BUT NEITHER DISCONNECTS/TURNS OFF CABLE OR INTERNET

Well then there you go.

When people refer to the internet, they're talking about the "world wide web".

World wide web = "internet".

You just said the exact opposite of what was explained in what Swamp posted.

"However, the Internet and the World Wide Web are not one and the same."

That break from 12oz you took must have backed up your irrationality vents or something. I didn't say anything about a modem.

Look:

Think of your cable box and browser as the same thing. Both can be turned off.

BUT NEITHER DISCONNECTS/TURNS OFF CABLE OR INTERNET

Answer the question.

You're still contradicting yourself.

Cable box would be compared to the modem.

You just said the exact opposite of what was explained in what Swamp posted.

"However, the Internet and the World Wide Web are not one and the same."

They are one in the same to normal people.

I can see how it would be two different things to a WOW playing dork

or a room full of Lamba Lamba Lamba nerds though.

i was watching something to do with doug stanhope (a comedian) last night and he was talking about how he thinks he is in the top 5 percent of intelligent people, but that's because most people are complete idiots.

and it got me thinking about how everyone probably thinks that about themselves, and that's kind of sad.

Can I get an answer to my question please DAO? I'm going shopping tomorrow and I really need to know what fish to buy.

Also, can you please advise me on what I need to feed the cat to turn her into a giraffe?

Thanks in advance

They are one in the same to normal people.

I can see how it would be two different things to a WOW playing dork

or a room full of Lamba Lamba Lamba nerds though.

Never played any of those games. But, they're not the "same" to people who at least try to think and learn about how things work. The world wide web (browser) is only one aspect and one method on how to access the internet. There are many other ways that do not include a browser. This was proven to you already.

You must teach your son how to do things the wrong way since you're so hard-headed. I heard you called your son an idiot for sitting on the toilet, and you took him outside and trained him how to squat behind a dumpster.

Ah good ol more lols.

Dao the cable box is not the same as the internet. I don't know why you insist on changing the argument. Your original argument was "if I turn off the TV, is the cable still on." Apparently you didn't think it was. When I told you that yes your cable was still on you decided that you could argue about that.

I'm going to make this easy. Closing your browser does not turn off the internet, no explainations, no similitudes. You are wrong. Plain and simple. /argument