Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Is there a doctor in the house?

what it iz

im pretty certain.

if you think about it logically, when you just exit your browser you continue to be shown as browsing a thread for a certain amount of time, then you are taken off of the thread. your browser does not tell the website "oh hey, we're not looking at you anymore" because that wouldn't make any sense, so it must be that after a certain amount of time of inactivity the system automatically flushes inactive users.

and since a page does not load over and over again while you are browsing it, even if you left it open and went about your day, that also counts as inactivity, and you are logged off.

i will conduct some science and check though. i will leave this computer logged into this page, with no user input and browse using my laptop (which i do not log in with) and we will see.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tv1Dm.jpg

it looks like 12oz's inactive user prune thing lasts 1 hour.

edit - thanks to science, we have found out that this messageboard does not keep you "viewing" a thread, even while the page is still up for days on end, although their prune time is a lot longer than most (5-10 minutes is the norm)

edit2 - actually 12oz's inactive user thing lasts more like 45 minutes, not the originally stated 1 hour

it looks like 12oz's inactive user prune thing lasts 1 hour.

edit - thanks to science, we have found out that this messageboard does not keep you "viewing" a thread, even while the page is still up for days on end, although their prune time is a lot longer than most (5-10 minutes is the norm)

edit2 - actually 12oz's inactive user thing lasts more like 45 minutes, not the originally stated 1 hour

No, this is not correct.

Since the forum clocks never were fixed, I have been able to view threads indefinitely without any user activity.

If mods would just fix the clocks, then the "user prune" system will work properly.

I thought we went over this. The forum clock fixed itself on March 13th.

The mods were lazy and probably already knew this so they did absolutely nothing while everyone's world was off by one hour for six months.

ATTENTION MODERATORS::: PLEASE PREPARE FOR THE NEXT TIME SHIFT.