Hall of Fame

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 11/19/2019 in all sections

1. What good fammos - just dropped this zine of vintage stickers that I had hit by a good 40 of my favorite writers. Nyc legends like Desa Ket Kaws and Cro - New nyc killers like Anso and Dak and even a few non-ny heavyweights like Felon and Pez. I had started collecting vintage stickers this past summer and it soon dawned on me that I should have my fav writers hit them, next thing I know this zine was at the printers. I had been collecting for awhile and grew up writting but was getting bored with the same old 228s and the same old writers getting jocked. Theres a good mix here of legends and slept on dudes who killed it. The stickers themselves are fascinating. All kinds of crazy joints including 1977 Star Wars kids badges, these crazy cloth stickers from a private party at Coors headquarters back in the 70s and tons of slickly designed Hello My Name Is badges. Peep the shop if you want a copy. I also have some fireee 🔥 vintage blank packs up for grabs so peep if this is your type of thing. Good looks. https://stickupkidsshop.bigcartel.com/ https://www.instagram.com/tae0ne/
    5 points
  2. About to move to Holland and immediately break my back.
    5 points
  3. http://www.forbes.com/sites/zakdoffman/2019/11/16/china-covers-up-killing-of-prisoners-to-harvest-organs-for-transplant-new-report/amp/ In June, I reported on the China Tribunal in London, which found evidence of “forced organ harvesting” from Chinese prisoners, including Falun Gong and Uighur Muslims. The Tribunal’s final judgmentconcluded that this “forced organ harvesting has been committed for years… on a significant scale.” China has said that the practice has been outlawed, replaced with a system of voluntary donations. But a new report, published on November 14 in the BMC Medical Ethics journal, has refuted this, alleging that those claims of reform are being supported by the “systematic falsification and manipulation of official organ transplant datasets in China.”
    4 points
  4. Decy is right, the Brits had a 99 year lease on HK that was part of the treaty they signed with the Qing Dynasty at the end of the Opium wars. That lease expired in 1997 and the Mainland took control again, but it was under a "One country, Two Systems" set up. Agreements were signed with the Brits that Hong Kong would keep their democratic system, rule of law, human rights, etc. Since then, the Mainland has basically told the UK to go fuck itself. People who publish stuff the Communist Party don't like are getting kidnapped and turning up in the mainland giving taped "confessions" after clearly being tortured, etc. Beijing lets HK vote for their leader, but tells them which candidates are allowed to run in the leadership election (of course, all of them are pro-CCP). The straw that broke the camel's back was an extradition law that allowed the mainland to legally take HKers to the mainland and try them under the fucked up legal system they hav there (no need to kidnap them anymore). The Commie Party has always been nervous about freedom infecting the mainland via HK so they've been gradually strangling it by not allowing the native language to be taught in school, moving heaps of mainlanders into HK to shift the balance of community sentiment, etc. etc. People have had enough so they're fighting back and it's not just students, they're just leading the charge.
    4 points
  5. Just deleted a bunch of stupid comments. Hate to come off heavy handed in regards to discussion but if we can't figure out a way to keep conversations civil, got no choice but to pump the breaks a bit and start closing the political threads. I know shit can get contentious and we all have different perspectives on all the nonsense out there, but this is 12oz... We should be able to work out our differences to a tolerable degree without shit falling to shit. If that's not possible than those conversations are a waste of bandwidth since there no hope for the general public to every work out differences on a broad scale if we are unable to do so on our limited scale here.
    3 points
  6. Funny thing is I've never seen anyone in the press deny this is happening, but I've also never seen it covered in mainstream media. It should be mentioned more often, today's China makes Nazi Germany's holocaust look like a utopia in comparison. Way more than 6 million people have "disappeared". The very definition of massive ethnic cleansing. Ugher, Tibet, Falun Gong, or anyone thinking outside of the state mandate are being slaughtered. One of the first things they do is a cheek swab when you enter the "reeducation camp" to see if you're a match for a Communist Party member, or just any rich person who knows where to buy this service that's on a waiting list. For people who look back at the atrocities of WWII and defines ourselves today of having much higher moral integrity, you're wrong. People today are way more desensitized, and willing to ignore abuse, atrocities, and genocide as long as it's not happening to "their team". The mid 20th century crowd/generation had much more integrity than your average boomr-millenial. We simply don't care, and those of us that do are labeled "Nut Jobs".
    3 points
  7. I already guessed it can I get an Amen thealmighty 🤷‍♂️
    2 points
  8. Still think this one takes the cake for outright poor Judicial conduct. https://www.forbes.com/sites/walterpavlo/2011/08/12/pennsylvania-judge-gets-life-sentence-for-prison-kickback-scheme/#122f43a54aef
    2 points
  9. Finally got a chance to go recently, and remembered to take a few photos. These are life sized prints of train flicks. For me the black-books were the best part, spent most of my time lurking over the table.
    2 points
  10. Used to Smash this hot little Rican chick from Brooklyn I think down by Ave J or something. Anyway the problem was I was in Queens, and she lived in BK, couldn't afford to uber her back and forth, too lazy to drive at night so my cheap ass got in the habit of picking her up, and smashing in the back of my work car because she lived with her dad. Anyway, one day I end up working in her neighborhood, and got done mad early so hit her up for an extended lunch smash (no lunch). As usual pull up, text "here", pretend like we're going someplace while I find nice quiet spot to pull over. Hop out and take all the shit out the hatch, and throw it in the driver's passenger's seat up front so there's no tools/bullshit in the way to clip my balls on in the hatch. So she comes back there with me and I'm smashing. All of a sudden I feel like blasting ass. I let one rip, and thank god it was silent kept going didn't skip a beat. All of a sudden the whole car was fucking done, holy shit it was bad, fucking toxic. One of the nastiest farts in my lifetime released in a small enclosed space that was already sweaty. Anyway it was awkward as fuck, so I went extra hard to bust before I had to take in another breath. I gotta admit I did breath a couple of times, but tried not to make eye contact with shorty. Once I finished I got out and thought I was dying. She got dressed slowly, and got out all slow pretending it wasn't rotten. Takes a real lady to hold it together like that. It was so awkward after that I just ended dropping her off as soon as possible, didn't say a word, and sadly never hit her up again. We still follow each other on IG, she's got one of those thirst trap accounts. We'll like each others pics every once in a while, but haven't really spoken since that fart. True story, also she was also my first real squirter, another insane story in itself.
    2 points
  11. My guess is this will get filed under the “see, negligence won’t go unpunished,” category. I’d be very surprised if more came from this, but hey, i’ve been wrong before. I hope i’m wrong again.
    2 points
  12. Hong Kong used to be under British governance until 2000 I think when it was handed back to the chinese. People from Hong Kong were used to being free but over time china is putting its foot down more and more. Hua would definitely explain it better.
    2 points
  13. Whoa wtf. This made my heart sink. That is some sick fucking shit. Pardon my English. edit: @Mercer- what you said at the bottom there really hit home for me. I think that our society is very desensitized and incredibly "tunnel visioned". I mean, look at what people see on the internet and the news every day, it's terrible shit. Terrible shit is "normal" now and I completely understand why my grandparents didn't participate in modern media.... it was because it's a far cry from what media was and is supposed to be.
    2 points
  14. @billoboy2020- I think you’ll benefit more from not hiding the right bar of your R. Looking at your piece you’ve got somewhat of a perspective thing going on. Both ends are curved inward, and the piece overall gets bigger toward the ends. When working on a piece like this first draw yourself some guides (like I’ve done in green), this will set you up for a perfect execution when drawing out your letters. Your overall structure will be consistent from left to right. Currently, your piece dips on the right which makes your letters get smaller as the piece reads left to right. Something else to note, when doing a perspective style pieces it’s nice to do perspective style 3D, too. Set yourself a vanishing point (that little red dot I’ve drawn at the bottom) and line out your 3D to the point. I’ve explained this in a previous post so I won’t dive deep, but hopefully you understand.
    2 points
  15. Comic artist depicted what war would be like in 100 years (100 years ago). Maybe the inspiration for Mad Max instead?
    2 points
  16. Ill post what I see on a daily basis out here in burning man land if I remember this thread.
    2 points
  17. Lol they're calling it #fartgate on youtube.... omfg.
    1 point
  18. Dude that's a pretty hard flex to just bust ass on camera like that. I mean, I can't say it was a good idea for him.... but just wow. He even got the little twitch/ass clench/try to hold it in thing going right before it happened lol.
    1 point
  19. yea i realized the same thing after a while. i changed it and also i did the Ă– bigger because i feel its kinda messing up the flow (i guess).and i took ur 3d bcz it fits so good.
    1 point
  20. always wanted one of these Only ever had these
    1 point
  21. shit. for awhile I felt like the only person on the earth to have read this damn book. Any other person who liked to read that I talked to, hadn't heard of it.. I read it back in high school and god that is one of the weirdest, if not THE oddest book I have ever read beginning to end.
    1 point
  22. ^^That's crazy.... I have to hand it to them for being crafty as fuck. Were the police firing live rounds into the crowd? I really don't know much about what's going on over there other than the people are protesting against the government. I did have the chance to talk with a coworker that is a little older than me that moved here from China. He's a super cool guy. We didn't explore this subject specifically but we did talk about a lot of cultural differences between the two places. I taught him a few sayings that we use here in the USA and he was really impressed when I explained what they meant. I wish I could remember what they were, but they were things you hear commonly here.
    1 point
  23. Totally off topic, this whole thread is legendary--but this post is league of its own.
    1 point
  24. That is nuts. I find it truly appalling. While I can see the "judges are people too" side of things, I think the side that NEEDS to take precedence in all forms of being a civil servant is that you have a duty to uphold and you must set a good example. Of course, that's just my opinion which can be easily dismissed as my opinion if you don't agree with it, or not dismissed if you like it. I think opinions suck in that regard but that's also an opinion. Anyway, these fucks deserve what they get. I think they need to be punished to a higher degree much like if you do stupid shit in the military you're punished differently than a civilian would be. I would think the "best" way to try these kinds of cases, and cases where cops do something they shouldn't, is to have some outside help. As in, don't bring in the people that the cop works with to help testify, or have the judge that likes this department judge the case.... or the lawyer that is the cop's wife's brother try the case. It would just suck to see any of these misbehaving fuckos get away with just a slap on the wrist.
    1 point
  25. I just happened to be following this dude on IG before he happened to find the van. It was pretty crazy watchin that unfold and how everything turned out. He ended up keepin the van in the end. Either way here's a photo of a sweet subaru van I saw while visiting montana. Almost 2 years ago.
    1 point
  26. Here's a couple things I noticed in the City Circle
    1 point
  27. getting a blowjob off an old girlfriend in her chaotic middle aged single lady living room. ( live laugh love photo frames and lots of awful stuff in boxes after her marriage breakup and subsequent loss of house) She's sitting on the couch blowing me. I'm standing savouring the whole scenario and a noise catches my attention . Look to my right and at the end of the couch was her ratty miniature poodle growling at me. This mildly disconcerting considering if it lunged it would probably end up in the same situation as it's owner with my dong in it's mouth but I'm not gonna smile. I spent most of the trying not to laugh or make any sudden moves that might set it off. bonus pic of the dog below.
    1 point
This Hall of Fame listing is set to New York/GMT-04:00
Ă—
Ă—