Cocaine Bear

Mercer

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

It’s a true story minus the rampage…

”Fortunately for the good people of Blue Ridge, GA., the real version of the story is less gruesome. In 1985, investigators searching for drugs dropped by an airborne smuggler discovered the ripped-up remnants of cocaine packages in Georgia's Chattahoochee–Oconee National Forest. Each of the 40 packages reportedly held a kilogram of cocaine, or about 88 pounds in all, valued to be worth as much as $20 million at the time.

Nearby, they also found a large, deceased black bear who had apparently helped himself to the product. According to an Associated Press article from the time, officials believed the bear had eaten "several million dollars worth of the cocaine."

"The bear got to it before we could, and he tore the duffel bag open, got him some cocaine and OD'd (overdosed)," Gary Garner of the Georgia Bureau of Investigation told the outlet.”

• Like 1
  • Props 2

3 hours ago, One Man Banned said:

My bad, I thought it said cocaine beer.

*backs out of thread

I thought the same thing for a minute and thought…”hey, cocaine and beer was always pretty good to me”, googled it for shits and giggles to see what images came up, all that came up was stuff about the cocaine bear movie.

• 2 months later...
Just now, LUGR said:

I can. It’s based on a true story.

I’m still not going out of my way to watch it though.

I get that. But it confirms a pattern I noticed with Hollywood.  Which is every few years there is a dry spell in good to great movies released.  It's like the major Hollywood players sign off on these horrible storylines as if it's just a roll of the dice knowing their not that great.  Not sure why this is. It's kinda like releasing a boring or bad product while waiting on releasing a great product.  Not sure if it's to keep the wheels spinning or something?  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...