2021 Ford Bronco Appreciation Thread

Mercer

@CLICKCLACKONERThat's what I did last whip, granted it's a pretty big expense but you can drive whatever car you want.  I had a thing for Range Rovers my entire life, wouldn't want one more than 6 years old, or with over 75k though so doing a 3 year lease was the move.

@KalashnikovThere are already a million giant SUV's out there already with luxury etc that aren't that good in more than a few inches of snow. There are very few short wheelbase, actually good off road type vehicles outside of Jeeps, or the luxury shit people with good sense never take off road. The reason I like it is the Bronco is there's a 2 door availiable, easy 3 point turns on the trail instead of backing out. Reminds me of the 84 Bronco II, or the original Bronco:

image.thumb.png.80e7c44a4e72a16c6b77d23a1bba8f78.png

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I had this baby Range Rover when I lived near Union Square, can confirm, it was nice. Never had any issues with it:

OOntz Trivia:

Croc Tears filmed this way back in 2015. We found a dirt road out behind Woodberry commons one day and took it off road. Found this big puddle, then went into this camp area and found a steep ass boat launch that kept going even steeper past where normal vehicles would pull out and gunned the Range up it. The property owners happened to be there at the top, oof, and asked what were were doing. No lie Croc Tears was like "no, what are you doing here" like he was going to jump out on them it was hilarious. I tried to deescalate, and dude said he just wanted to give us props for making it up that launch, he couldn't in his "off road" golf cart lol.

Since we're going back to the way back machine here there's a somewhat famous bronco II in the background of this pick the crew always used the roll in. A good friends dad that copped a fresh bronco II for him, and it was the defacto skate whip for us for a good 2 years until I bought my own whip. Till this day still a fan of small compact SUV's myself.

1991ish:

image.png.0290a85b622d1211e41aa29b3259e076.png

• Like 2
  • Truth 2
  • Props 6

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/12/2020 at 2:50 PM, CLICKCLACKONER said:

@Mercer My boss is on his third lease for his range.  those are really luxurious cars.

He’s doing it wrong. Those fall under farm equipment if you use the right tax people. Then get the huge write offs 

The most popular usage of Section 179 Deduction is for vehicles. In the past, Section 179 deduction was also referred to as the “Hummer Tax Loophole”, as, at the time, the deduction allowed businesses to purchase SUVs and then write them off. The tax code has been modified since then; however, the Section 179 deduction can still be beneficial for businesses while buying vehicles.

https://cleverleverage.com/ultimate-list-of-section-179-approved-vehicles-for-tax-deduction/

• Like 1
  • Props 1

1 hour ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

He’s doing it wrong. Those fall under farm equipment if you use the right tax people. Then get the huge write offs 

The most popular usage of Section 179 Deduction is for vehicles. In the past, Section 179 deduction was also referred to as the “Hummer Tax Loophole”, as, at the time, the deduction allowed businesses to purchase SUVs and then write them off. The tax code has been modified since then; however, the Section 179 deduction can still be beneficial for businesses while buying vehicles.

https://cleverleverage.com/ultimate-list-of-section-179-approved-vehicles-for-tax-deduction/

I'm pretty sure that's the reason he leases....maybe not as big as a purchase write off but there's definitely a deduction for leasing.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, CLICKCLACKONER said:

I'm pretty sure that's the reason he leases....maybe not as big as a purchase write off but there's definitely a deduction for leasing.

I was always under the assumption that a lease payment was a 100% write off because it's not a loan you are paying back.

Have a very close friend who works as a service writer at a Range Rover/ Land Rover dealership that taught me that. Apparently it’s what most of his costumers do and in his opinion is the only way owning a rover makes sense. They’re halfway between and suv and luxury car. They are in the shop more than they are on the road because they have so many drivetrain issues. Getting a major tax break is the only benefit unless you just wanna look cool and pull some bush

• Like 1
  • Props 1

12 hours ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

Have a very close friend who works as a service writer at a Range Rover/ Land Rover dealership that taught me that. Apparently it’s what most of his costumers do and in his opinion is the only way owning a rover makes sense. They’re halfway between and suv and luxury car. They are in the shop more than they are on the road because they have so many drivetrain issues. Getting a major tax break is the only benefit unless you just wanna look cool and pull some bush

Some people get a new car every three years (or less) and your average monthly cost of ownership on a brand new whip is lower with a lease. Your average payment for buying a new Range rover is about 2 G's a month. A lease will keep it under $1K most of the time. Plus there's no haggling trying to get bluebook for your trade in.

From what I've heard, It's also beneficial if you're someone who gets into legal trouble, or fights quite often as it's not going to get confiscated in a lawsuit to pay for a new jaw bone or something. The first thing an ambulance chaser is checking for is if you own a car/house/expensive asset making the lawsuit worth it for them to pursue.

Edited by Mercer
coherent english
  • Props 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/28/2020 at 11:11 AM, KILZ FILLZ said:

That angle makes sense too

sheltering assets isn’t a problem I’m lucky enough to have

Leasing would also sidestep the maintenance issues with that brand

TBH, those issues as mostly over, Range Rovers are reliable as fuck now. At least up to 60K miles I'd say pretty much bullet proof. With that said if you ever need parts better lube up the wallet for a raping. I never once had a single problem with mine over 3 years. Not so much as a squeak, a rattle, a button that didn't feel like it clicked right, power not there when I need it. Everything was 100% the entire lease.

As far as working on one goes, I remember telling this girl she was getting ripped off by her mechanic who in hind sight was hooking her up. Ended up buying a Plug Kit for her to do the tune up myself, just a plug wire kit back in 2002ish  (before all the internet bootlegs) it was like $300. Any OEM part costs at least double what it would be for most any other luxury brands. Even for shit like the headlight's bulb, it's pushing $80, but for a ford SUV a bulb is $12, maybe looking at $20 for BMW/Audi.

That's why I'd never recommend buying a used Range Rover, or holding one more than 80k. Even though they're nice AF, and in my opinion fit/feel better than German Luxury it's not worth the costs of ownership for most people. Not saying they break down a lot (especially anything after 2014) it's just expensive as fuck when they do.

• Truth 1

• 4 weeks later...

First of all. Thread merger. Secondly, fuck that. I don’t really vibe with new age vehicles. I’m attracted to some newer trucks, some bmw’s, Lincoln’s, and always the Land Rover line. Regardless, I prefer originals especially with old cars, which I don’t know a fucking thing about. White oj bronco forever. Would settle on this If I had the bread. Be first in line for this throwback change up. 210,000

image.thumb.jpeg.7617279089679634df08af487246f95a.jpeg
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/amp33284747/land-rover-defender-twisted-ev-conversion-specs/

Edited by NightmareOnElmStreet
  • Like 1

I got two reservations going - one for an Outer Banks 4dr and another for a Big Bend  4dr trim. 

The Outer Banks is mid tier  trim basically a mall crawler that could 4 wheel if it wanted - focused more on the interior/exterior comforts but still is pretty capable imo. The thing is at MSRP 42k though and that comes with a soft top - I am going to need to add a hardtop upgrade for sure. I want to keep the motherfucker under 50k because I do pretty well financially but still......50k is a lot. 

The Big Bend is the second level trim - I would add the mid package, possibly upgrade it to the 2.7l V6, hard top and maybe Sasquatch depending on the cost of that package. More likely to come in under 45K total here and have a pretty sick ride. 

Seems like the wait is until next Spring at least, maybe even Summer. 

That being said the truck looks fucking tits, super capable to handle most off road needs of the average joe...

Any of yous guys considering copping this sik jawn?

• Props 2

On 7/16/2020 at 5:48 PM, CLICKCLACKONER said:

the doors on the coupe looks retarded...hopefully that's an option.  other than that, it's a dope whip.

The donut doors failed safety tests and will not be available from Ford - unless they re-engineer them. 

Someone will probably aftermarket them but I agree with you, rather just remove the doors so I can let the wind tickle my balls. 

Truth is you can't really have a soft top in the city. Even with a garage, I mean chances are if you live in a city you enjoy doing shit out at night too. Soft tops tend to end up cut if you always lock your doors.

Also, on a semi unrelated note, one cool thing I noticed with the new Bronco during the Doug Demuro demo was the windows roll all the way down into the door, and the door itself doesn't have a top frame,. This lets you take em off and fit them in the back on the fly, with a jeep you'd have to drag them into your house/apartment or something before you leave. They even have these bags to put the doors in so they're not scratching, or rubbing against each other should you go off road.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fat ralphy said:

The build and price is live today - got a couple nice builds priced out. 

I think this will turn out to be a nice ride for the money. Doing my best to stay under 50k and get some nice options. 

Did you at least price out a white one? Don't fail us ralphy.

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

Lolz.

Today I got an email that says they won't be able to meet the demand of all the reservations made - reservations after Sept 20. will have to wait until the 2022 is released. 

Of course my reservation was made on Oct. 2 - what do you guys think? Hold out or shop around?

Only comparable vehicle would be Jeep essentially, right?

10 minutes ago, fat ralphy said:

Lolz.

Today I got an email that says they won't be able to meet the demand of all the reservations made - reservations after Sept 20. will have to wait until the 2022 is released. 

Of course my reservation was made on Oct. 2 - what do you guys think? Hold out or shop around?

Only comparable vehicle would be Jeep essentially, right?

Go DIY

bulldozer2753.jpg.31ac3bfad26d9effa41b77c1a32a5ba2.jpg

• Truth 1
  • Props 1
  • LOL! 4

@fat ralphyI'm going to guess you shouldn't have a problem picking one up next year. When you made your reservation in September did you build/price it? Wondering how the reservation process works.

I peaced out of the build/price when it was showing 60 months of $700+ payments and I wasn't done adding unnecessary shit to it, which is very necessary. I'm just window shopping until late 2021 anyway, I'll get to see crowd reaction by then and gauge better.

• Like 1