The general discussion thread within our general discussion.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

@KILZ FILLZI been in and out of shrink life for most of my life. Lightly through my late 20's early 30's. It s real bitch finding someone you vibe with but highly necessary. Also, meds are the fucking devil, whatever that means. I have come to terms in recent years that I absolutely need them, so working with a psychiatrist is what I gotta do ON TOP of therapy. Trash. Health insurance is helpful. 

@mr.yuckKeep it real always with young's and sugar coat nothing. Ever. Direct and crystal clear. Idfk why most parents are so fucking tippy toey about shit like that or just about anything for that matter. Not directing that energy to you but just in general. 

• Truth 1
  • Props 1

On 8/28/2020 at 3:30 PM, KILZ FILLZ said:

Anyone ever been to a shrink?

YES

On 8/28/2020 at 10:41 PM, Mercer said:

I have, and highly recommend it. Tough part is you might have to try a few out, it's more effective if you vibe with them properly.

THIS is important. @KILZ FILLZ listen to mercer on this one I wasted my 6 government paid mental health sessions on a lady who really didn't understand me and I didn't gel with her.

• Props 1

3 hours ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

@SMdoubleXLI know you might have a little knowledge on the subject, maybe even a lot. Do you have a short answer as to why some women cannot just understand they didn't create a kid by themselves and give a good dad equal opportunity without having to fight for it?? Asking for a friend. 

Whose tires need slashed?? 

but for real. All I ever wanted was for him  to be around and get to know her and vice versa. I really felt they could learn a lot from each other. And I was that COOOOOOOL baby mama. 
(It was a one night stand so there wasn’t an established relationship) and he lived out of state. My door stayed open for him to visit.  

I can’t stand womens like this.  I wish your friend the best of luck and his daughter *ahem* kid will always know how hard they tried and how much they love her. The truth always surfaces.   always. 

21 minutes ago, SMdoubleXL said:

Whose tires need slashed?? 

but for real. All I ever wanted was for him  to be around and get to know her and vice versa. I really felt they could learn a lot from each other. And I was that COOOOOOOL baby mama. 
(It was a one night stand so there wasn’t an established relationship) and he lived out of state. My door stayed open for him to visit.  

I can’t stand womens like this.  I wish your friend the best of luck and his daughter *ahem* kid will always know how hard they tried and how much they love her. The truth always surfaces.   always. 

Yeahhhhhhhh. But like...What if it doesn't...? What if said women's is a actual demon who was capable of shifting the lines of reality? The thing I find most entertaining is that the type of broad under fire here doesn't have a fucking CLUE. Comfort in a comfy bed, man. This wemen does NOT know what it is like to have those open doors without a dude like my buddy, lol, walking in swinging for the fences every day since the child was born. It maddens me for several reasons but mostly because the homie, lol, grew up without a pappy coming around too much and for DAMN sure wasn't interested in having shared/full custody. If these wemens could only see what getting stuck being on some REAL LIVE heavy duty no family, no friends having ass single moms gotta go through.....Guaranteed tears the first week. I been ripping weed drugs today and if you care to know, weed and Noes don't hang out very often or really at all. Weed be havin a brotha talking crazy. I will look at this post and any others from tonight, tmrw and have a laugh. 

• Truth 1

Starting my tmrw I go back to Nokia 3310 dumb phone in an attempt to break my cell phone screen addiction

have deleted IG and twitter for a while but then dump the Same screen time into YT, Reddit and oontz

need to make and adjustment players

no idea how long this experiment will last, but I don’t have a capable laptop and may not be around for a while

best case scenario for me is I never go back to smart phone. My personality is too addictive. 

dueces putos ✌️ ✌️ 

• Like 2
  • Trash 1
  • Props 1

11 hours ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

Starting my tmrw I go back to Nokia 3310 dumb phone in an attempt to break my cell phone screen addiction

have deleted IG and twitter for a while but then dump the Same screen time into YT, Reddit and oontz

need to make and adjustment players

no idea how long this experiment will last, but I don’t have a capable laptop and may not be around for a while

best case scenario for me is I never go back to smart phone. My personality is too addictive. 

dueces putos ✌️ ✌️ 

You better keep the same number, son!!! SD 2021 for real. Been too long!

36B4262C-A78B-4167-92F0-9480E48D440B_4_5005_c.jpeg.1f20cec227a32f230b86317974e51148.jpeg

Edited by NightmareOnElmStreet

• 2 weeks later...

@NightmareOnElmStreet Not sure how deep you are in it already but, I wanted to throw it out there since I am not tech savy or I would build and host my own site. 

Anyhow, I use Weebly for my suite and email.  Within the Weebly page to edit your site, there is an SEO ooptions, and all I used was key words to populate that specific field.  e.g. engraving, etch, laser marking, nameplate, tags, id tags, and a few other indusry specific terms that only people in that industry use (hoping it will generate more business over my competition).  

As for the email, it's packaged with google business email, not the best for private communication of course.  

Anyhow, so basically does the SEO work for me?  I could never tell you if it does?  I mean I do show up in the top 5 engravers in my city, but I do not think that is because of SEO as it's more so the very few engravers there are in my city.  Because customers do not read your entire site, if you show up under a general term like 'engraving' in my case, then they will just call or email you if you can/offer something or not.   You would think pictures are a thousand words and my portfolio page will tell potential customers that, but like I said, most people do not engage very deep into websites, because it's easier to call or email once the potential customer is satisfied with the google results (quick high).

14 hours ago, ndv said:

@NightmareOnElmStreet Not sure how deep you are in it already but, I wanted to throw it out there since I am not tech savy or I would build and host my own site. 

Anyhow, I use Weebly for my suite and email.  Within the Weebly page to edit your site, there is an SEO ooptions, and all I used was key words to populate that specific field.  e.g. engraving, etch, laser marking, nameplate, tags, id tags, and a few other indusry specific terms that only people in that industry use (hoping it will generate more business over my competition).  

As for the email, it's packaged with google business email, not the best for private communication of course.  

Anyhow, so basically does the SEO work for me?  I could never tell you if it does?  I mean I do show up in the top 5 engravers in my city, but I do not think that is because of SEO as it's more so the very few engravers there are in my city.  Because customers do not read your entire site, if you show up under a general term like 'engraving' in my case, then they will just call or email you if you can/offer something or not.   You would think pictures are a thousand words and my portfolio page will tell potential customers that, but like I said, most people do not engage very deep into websites, because it's easier to call or email once the potential customer is satisfied with the google results (quick high).

Not too deep in. Financially, I spend a great deal on thumbtack. I recently bought the business package Wordpress and quickly discovered it might be out of my league. I did set up a google my business and a ad but it seems like I never showed up anywhere even after getting verified. Idfk what’s going on. 

I have no idea what these tech things are but I gather from conversation that SEO helps to get you noticed when it comes to the interwebz.  Would be curious what that costs.  Helped someone set up their biz and we did those things ourselves, without a program.  Seen NOEM mention something about this long ago here so it's been on my mind a bit since.

18 hours ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

Not too deep in. Financially, I spend a great deal on thumbtack. I recently bought the business package Wordpress and quickly discovered it might be out of my league. I did set up a google my business and a ad but it seems like I never showed up anywhere even after getting verified. Idfk what’s going on. 

Whats your site?  What do you do, services offered?  It does sound like keywords is what you need to help when people Google/search for the services or products you offer. 

But do not quote me on that because there could potentially be a few other starting points that are simple and easily fixed.   For example, (and I am not sure if it is still the case)  the more people search for a specific business via search engine, this is noted in (say googles) database, so basically the more searches the popular you become and Google automatically starts putting you in the top of the list after the list of paid ads.   

You can pm me your website address if you'd like. I'll have to sit down and google your competition in your area then use random words and see how they show up and you show up.   Don't get too caught up in SEO its simpler than it seems.  Watch out for a bunch of the companies claiming they can get you noticed in serach engines, its all simple stuff anyone can do that you do not need to pay for.  Because one, like everyone has already said, big companies can influence the results and those marketing firms claiming they can help you get exposure are not coca-cola ect...  they work for coca-cola so it really boils down to money for them and wit for us. 

@NightmareOnElmStreetI tried to trick google by setting up "physical" locations in all of the rich neighborhoods so when people would google "painters near me" I would populate at the top of their search results. I had to jump through a rediculous amount of hoops to make this happen including getting postcards with verfication codes sent to these mystery addresses. Eventually I fucked up somewhere and gooogle eventually shut down my entire online presence including my legit business.

I dont know what makes some companies populate to the top of the list vs others. Its not reviews and its not 5 star ratings. Id really be interested to know if anyone knows what makes google tick.

• LOL! 2

1 hour ago, mr.yuck said:

@NightmareOnElmStreetI tried to trick google by setting up "physical" locations in all of the rich neighborhoods so when people would google "painters near me" I would populate at the top of their search results. I had to jump through a rediculous amount of hoops to make this happen including getting postcards with verfication codes sent to these mystery addresses. Eventually I fucked up somewhere and gooogle eventually shut down my entire online presence including my legit business.

I dont know what makes some companies populate to the top of the list vs others. Its not reviews and its not 5 star ratings. Id really be interested to know if anyone knows what makes google tick.

Probably those demonic algorithms that are apparently running the entire internets on some weird ass cruise control, just waiting to really fuck some shit up....

31 minutes ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

Probably those demonic algorithms that are apparently running the entire internets on some weird ass cruise control, just waiting to really fuck some shit up....

From what Ive been reading it seems like you need to build your site out to basically be the authority on your profession. Have a page where you do product reviews, a page where you do tool reviews, a page where you answer frequently asked questions, a section for tips and tricks for DIYers, and so on and so forth. You need to write with your keywords in mind and make sure they are used organically. 

• Truth 2
  • Props 1

10 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

From what Ive been reading it seems like you need to build your site out to basically be the authority on your profession. Have a page where you do product reviews, a page where you do tool reviews, a page where you answer frequently asked questions, a section for tips and tricks for DIYers, and so on and so forth. You need to write with your keywords in mind and make sure they are used organically. 

That’s genius. 

2 hours ago, FaseIT said:

Dude rich painters would be helpful I'm a pretty rich painter. I get a good amount of money and sprsypaint coming my way. I still steal from stores like Dollar tree Walgreens and Walmart though. And I still gang bang. I rep twelve oz prophets.

8FA1555D-EBE9-4A79-A910-A165586EFB08.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Truth 1
  • LOL! 3

Yea you gotta go with breeders if you want specific, that doesn’t mean the dog you want won’t be available through a shelter cause breeders have figured out scams and a lot of desirable breeds come this way from down south.  Peaches was definitely a real one I remember her running around outside near forest hills, great night, ahhh I want a dog I’d like a corgi 

• Like 1

Nothing wrong with a shelter dog at all but I prefer a breeder if I'm going for a specific type of dog, my main concerns being having a good look for that breed, and hopefully decreased chances of medical issues that they may have tried to breed out over time.  Designer dogs are out for me.  There are a few types of shepards with their own potential medical concerns that I would want to be aware of before purchasing.