The general discussion thread within our general discussion.

10 hours ago, morton said:

Who knows anything indeed, I sure as shit would not want to be trying to start a business again. I have, hopefully, reached a place in my industry that I can maintain.

To circle back around to my computer problems, the box turns on but does not drum, the two fans in the front do not turn on. I am leaning toward bringing it to a computer repair shop, now I just need to figure out which one.  I wonder if they will be all backed up coming out of the shutdown or if they are slow. 

Apparently, nirgerians are pretty good at not just scamming people. Check them out for your computer needs. SIKE! I have noticed a strange thing or two since purchasing this used 2018 Mac Pro. Nothing mechanical like the fans you speak of but weird little shit like for instance today when I decided I needed to embark on another decade long gif collection. Go head and try to create a new folder within the cloud and every time I right clicked to bring up the option the new folder drop down would pop up and then immediately disappear. At first I though it was just acting funny so I tried to create a folder in a different place like documents...Same shit. Tried again. Same. I got heated and shut the computer down. Now its fine. WTF, man. Why would a "like new" factory reset Mac Pro be acting like such a weirdo?!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Yes, smelled an early riser getting going before ten, smells really good. I would like to grill but think I am going to be lazy instead. It is going to hit 90 today though so I am into that. 

Gave some thought about war and my grandfather this morning, he was a tank sergeant in the European theater in WWII, part of the occupying force in Japan, active in artillery in Korea, taught artillery and mechanics at West Point and declined when invited to Vietnam but was involved in some capacity stateside. Practically a whole career devoted to the US war machine.  I cant remember the details but I think he was born in Ireland, living in England and joined the US army as part of emigrating, ever since he died the family has been pretty disjointed and asking my own father about the history is not always a pleasant proposition.

My uncle died in the cold war during a training of some sort, funny how long the impact of death can be a burden to a family.

If I understand correctly the holiday was originally just for the Civil War but has been since re-defined to include all war dead. 

• Props 2

On 5/25/2020 at 11:43 AM, morton said:

Yes, smelled an early riser getting going before ten, smells really good. I would like to grill but think I am going to be lazy instead. It is going to hit 90 today though so I am into that. 

Gave some thought about war and my grandfather this morning, he was a tank sergeant in the European theater in WWII, part of the occupying force in Japan, active in artillery in Korea, taught artillery and mechanics at West Point and declined when invited to Vietnam but was involved in some capacity stateside. Practically a whole career devoted to the US war machine.  I cant remember the details but I think he was born in Ireland, living in England and joined the US army as part of emigrating, ever since he died the family has been pretty disjointed and asking my own father about the history is not always a pleasant proposition.

My uncle died in the cold war during a training of some sort, funny how long the impact of death can be a burden to a family.

If I understand correctly the holiday was originally just for the Civil War but has been since re-defined to include all war dead. 

Gahhhd damn, your granpappy sounds like a g. I imagine there were some good stories to dish out if he was the kind of man who liked telling them. Recently, I have been giving a lot of thought into the idea of old folks home volunteering. Once upon a time I worked the kitchen briefly at one back in high school and the people were generally really nice and just dying (literally) to talk to people. I would always try to stick around the extra few minutes to hear them out if they started in talkin. One lady always called me Arthur, cause she said I looked like Arthur ash the black tennis g who died of aids. Never did know what to make of that, lol. 

On 5/25/2020 at 10:16 AM, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

Are covid 19 Memorial Day bbq's happening in your hood?

mfs in my hood do not give a fuck, but i slept all memorial day weekend.

ive been on work home telecomute for a couple months now. real thankful to have a job since i live in nashville and almost everyone i know, like a solid 75% at least, were all out of work 

• Like 1
  • Props 1

@NightmareOnElmStreetyou asked for it.  Not posting the whole collection but here's a selection.  Mainly metal mini albums and singles (cassingles anyone?) but I threw ol Charlie in for ya too.  If interested I can do a genre selection like metal, punk, hardcore, classic rock.  I have a few reggae and hip-hop things tucked further away.

IMG_3587 copy.JPG

• Like 2
  • Props 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/20/2020 at 7:16 PM, morton said:

Having someone adore you is only worthwhile if it is mutual. 

My desktop computer has mysteriously stopped working, 

I am living this right now.  I told the wrong mutha fucking person. 

he thinks that’s what he’s doing but he has simply become a “yes” man. 

Men. Do not become ‘yes’ men. 

it’s up there with forgetting to flush the toilet as far as ‘ways to turn your woman off’ 

ever get your desktop in working order? 

I got it working but I had to resort to bringing it to a shop, it was the motherboard. 

I do not know that people really decide who to become as much as they follow their nose and slowly mature and shift over time. I am sure that goes against like whole shelves of self help books but I am inclined to believe there is a lot more learning by osmosis, reacting to chance events and surviving in general that goes to molding people than some decision about whether or not to be a yes man. I suppose this is really a long way of saying that a lot of dudes will do whatever works to get some. It takes two to tangle, and as always you can really only control your own actions.

There is a new guy at work who needs to work on his flushing, I am remiss to broach the subject as it would be a cross department communication and I usually try to stay in my own lane.

• Like 1

• Step 1, take a photo of the floater, print it out with a date time stamp of when photo was taken. post it in the stall.

• Step 2, if they don't flush a second time, take another photo of the new floater, print it out with the previous photo using the same date time format, but this time post a photo of the persons face from a profile pic or something between the two. Again, post it in the stall.

• Step 3, this will require preparation on your part Plan ahead by getting a photo of the person while they're eating a meal, then a photo of the 3rd floater left afterward, document the entire digestive process if necessary, maybe a concerned look on their face while they hold their belly on the way to the restroom, opening the door, etc. make a time stamp of them eating 5 - 8 hours before the poop's timestamp no matter what time the photo's were taken. Post it in a common area of the workplace.

Step 4, Prophet

• Props 1
  • LOL! 2

Genius. 

And @morton I stand with growing into rather than choosing to become. Not sure if I caught wether you feel like thats actually lame or not. Man or wuman, we are all just walking down the trail. You can choose which one to take but you cannot guarantee a damn thing once you're walking in the thick of it all. If people are not slowly shifting along the way something aint right. 

• Like 1

Printing out turd photos and then posting them in an office bathroom is perhaps more awkward than directly telling someone that they need to step up their bathroom courtesy, to further discuss; they are not full floaters, just a cloud left behind by a less than complete flush. Maybe they are being environmental by not performing a second flush but to my mind the second flush also serves to ensure that there is not blockage that needs remedy.

Regarding personal change, the gradual nature is not something to really have an opinion about it just exists. I wish I could close my eyes and wish and will myself to a higher plain but that never seems to pan out, it is not that I do not believe in conscious change and improvement, it is that I think it is gradual even with concerted effort.

We had some guys tossing TP on the ground in the stalls after they wiped their ass. A lot of our work force is folk from Vietnam and Philippine who got their citizenship from joining the Navy. 

I guess in these countries the plumbing isn’t strong enough for paper so they toss it in a basket. We don’t have the baskets so they tossed it on the floor. 

keep in mind, these are folk that spent four years in the us navy and usually another 5 or so living in the US after that... 

The company we contract for janitorial service began to complain because cleaning up shit paper isn’t in their contract. The lady who cleans the bathrooms through out the day was threatening to quit. 

one of the supervisors on day shift held a meeting with all their personnel and said something like “you’re not in a third world country, it’s ok to flush the paper when you’re done”

welp, don’t ya know, someone complained to the union and the supervisor got written up for the third world country comment. 

2 hours ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

We had some guys tossing TP on the ground in the stalls after they wiped their ass. A lot of our work force is folk from Vietnam and Philippine who got their citizenship from joining the Navy. 

I guess in these countries the plumbing isn’t strong enough for paper so they toss it in a basket. We don’t have the baskets so they tossed it on the floor. 

keep in mind, these are folk that spent four years in the us navy and usually another 5 or so living in the US after that... 

rhe company we contract for janitorial service began to complain because cleaning up shit paper isn’t in their contract. The lady who cleans the bathrooms through out the day was threatening to quit. 

money of the supervisors on day shift held a meeting with all their personnel and said something like “you’re not in a third coworker country, it’s ok to flush the paper when you’re done”

welp, don’t ya know, someone complained to the union and the supervisor got written up for the third world country comment. 

We had some pretty famous writers come through 12ozProphet and they were dropping their shit paper in the basket. Same thing, they were pretty ballin but came from a country where you don't flush paper. Someone mentioned to them they can flush it,  so they drew a dope mural of wiping ass, and putting the paper in the toilet and flushing it in the bathroom that ran for a long time.

• Like 1
  • LOL! 2

I introduced myself to my dad around 20 and was still so young and angry and bitter that it took some growing up to do and learning life’s lessons that there is ALWAYS more to the story than what’s being presented. I learned to let some serious shit go (dealt with it and moved along) after learning that him not being there was heavy on my moms shoulders). 
it’s really an odd story. 
So over the last 6-7 I’ve been slowly getting re acquainted with him and his other children. (I say reacquainted  because we went to school together but no one told us we were siblings) 

my gawd I’m rambling. 
Anyways......

I learned that he paints. 

and these are things he painted. And then him at a craft fair Or something haha with his paintings.   

ABAE1417-7FFA-46EC-B091-2D5089530B83.thumb.jpeg.50cc0f3dc20bdd1da2a50174e19f7238.jpegD4722C8E-78B7-4EED-8BA2-E07900818ACB.thumb.jpeg.13615eb3b823d22be1e8df9d6e0ffbd8.jpeg

• Like 3

22 hours ago, SMdoubleXL said:

Also-I can’t stand when my girlfriends text me in Father’s Day and say that “you’re her father AND mother “ type shit. No. Im her mother.  She has a dad.  

happy Father’s Day to you guys. And to those who have stepped in to be that guy. 

That shit is almost as bad as the people who put wooden heart cut outs that say "love to our heroes" on the front lawn. It's dumb. 

I got drunk and spicy on dads day and publicly bashed all the women who fuck good dads in the ass. I stand by the argument but boy did I catch some fire. Mostly from broads who are actually doing just that. It kills me to watch a dude bend over backwards with love and support for his kid, living in a studio apartment and 2 shitty jobs only to get raped by state mandated child support laws while some lazy non working ass bitch sits back collects. Poor guys can barely afford to take a kid for ice cream. Where am I going with all this? Idk but it kills me knowing women out there in the world gotta say shit like your homies. You're a good shit and keep on ridin, toots!

• Truth 2

@NightmareOnElmStreeti agree with you.  The system is (surprise) not cut out to benefit Anyone but the system.  😱 

For the 18mo I  collected chsup, I was receiving $105 a month.   Because that was the original court order.  So naturally I become bitter baby mama because it took 5-6 years for any payment to arrive and only  $105 a month. (Y’all, the $5 was for arrears (snickers) And only for 18mo. That’s how long I received payments.  

now him-who has a great paying job  so automatically the amount that the state deducts from his paycheck is the full 18% or whatever it was at the time plus a minimal monthly back payment.  Let me repeat that. 
he is getting the full 18% taken out 

I am only getting $105 a month. 

this doesn’t add up. 
well. If at any point a single parent has used state benefits like cash assistance and ebt, they will take their cut off that child support that is being withdrawn and cut the court ordered amount back to the single parent.  I didn’t know he was working or I would have filed to adjust it on my end. But the system, I believe, sets you up     You have a baby mama cursing because she isn’t getting enough to really make a difference (and I have grown since then I realize I had no entitlement to it) 

then you have a dad, who is getting like $800 a month cut from his pay wondering why baby mama is so mad not realizing she is only getting minimum.  Luckily we learned to communicate and realized the state played us. Kept us at odds. 

• Like 1
  • Truth 2

I recently became the primary parent due to my ex getting involved in legal trouble, really the only way dads get custody these days. I went the route of giving my bm money without a court order but I documented the shit out of it. Shit ain’t easy, this been a long ass road of studio apartments and regular 50 mile drives after work to maintain my relationship with my daughter/limited nights out for me. At this point it’s not as exhausting as last few years dealing with these bloodsuckers and  it’s kinda surreal to be on the other side.

• Props 3