The general discussion thread within our general discussion.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

A

11 hours ago, Steel Schnauzer said:

Pick it up and get under the belly photos for us.

Some Aussie shit right here. Fuck all that. I am generally un afraid of spiders. However, i am not finna EVER pick a mother fucker up like that unless its a homies tarantula and they swear it's good money. That shit up there is 100% the kind of shit i steer clear of in the hood. @SMdoubleXLi ran into some issues with posting flicks around here but i had one ready to go for you back a few months. Was some black widow shit eating a fucking snake or some shit i cant rememebr. 

• Like 1
  • Props 1
  • LOL! 1

•  

Boil water notice issued for these areas in the Lake Livingston aEddie Van Halen has died after battle with cancer, his son says

LAS VEGAS, NV - MAY 27:  Musician Eddie Van Halen of Van Halen performs at the MGM Grand Garden Arena on May 27, 2012 in Las Vegas, Nevada.  (Photo by David Becker/Getty Images) LAS VEGAS, NV - MAY 27: Musician Eddie Van Halen of Van Halen performs at the MGM Grand Garden Arena on May 27, 2012 in Las Vegas, Nevada. (Photo by David Becker/Getty Images) (2012 Getty Images)

Eddie Van Halen’s son has announced on social media that his father has died of throat cancer. He was 65.

“I can’t believe I’m having to write this, but my father, Edward Lodewijk Van Halen, has lost his long and arduous battle with cancer this morning. He was the best father I could ever ask for. Every moment I’ve shared with him on and off stage was a gift. My heart is broken and I don’t think I’ll ever full recover from this loss. I love you so much, Pop.”

Van Halen’s death was first reported by TMZ.

It's gotta be bad when your own colleagues cry out for an investigation.

But this is nothing new with this guy,  I am just amazed how she's still in office.

Senior officials in the Texas Attorney General’s Office have asked federal law enforcement to “investigate allegations of improper influence, abuse of office, bribery and other potential crimes” by their boss, Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton, according to a new report from the Austin-American Statesman and KVUE-TV.

According to the report, the senior staff members, including Jeff Mateer, who resigned from his post as Paxton’s top aide this week after several years leading the agency, notified the agency’s human resources director that they sought the investigation.

“We have a good faith belief that the attorney general is violating federal and/or state law including prohibitions related to improper influence, abuse of office, bribery and other potential criminal offenses,” seven agency leaders wrote in a one-page letter obtained by the Statesman.

The brief letter, dated Oct. 1, says the officials notified law enforcement of a potential crime on Sept. 30, but does not provide detailed accusations. The officials also say they notified Paxton himself of the accusation via text message on Oct. 1.

Paxton, a second-term state official and former state legislator who serves as co-chair of the Lawyers for Trump coalition, has been under indictment for more than five years on felony charges of securities fraud. Paxton has yet to go to trial on the charges amid side battles over where the case will be heard and how much the special prosecutors appointed to take the case to trial will be paid.

A spokeswoman for the attorney general’s office said in a statement that "the complaint filed against Attorney General Paxton was done to impede an ongoing investigation into criminal wrongdoing by public officials including employees of this office. Making false claims is a very serious matter and we plan to investigate this to the fullest extent of the law.”

She declined to comment further, citing an open investigation.

• Like 1

On 10/4/2020 at 8:16 PM, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

A

Some Aussie shit right here. Fuck all that. I am generally un afraid of spiders. However, i am not finna EVER pick a mother fucker up like that unless its a homies tarantula and they swear it's good money. That shit up there is 100% the kind of shit i steer clear of in the hood. @SMdoubleXLi ran into some issues with posting flicks around here but i had one ready to go for you back a few months. Was some black widow shit eating a fucking snake or some shit i cant rememebr. 

Post it 

On 10/3/2020 at 3:13 PM, ndv said:

Kinda curious anyone know spiders?

Photo taken in north Texas DFW area.

Was told not as fuzzy like a tarantula.  I can't find any leads to direct me towards a similar species. 

IMG_5224.jpg

Trying to gauge its size. Possibly just  a wolf spider.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

Are there any plumbers amongst us? I just got quoted $9000 to rough in a master bath and repipe an existing hall bath. I dont deal with plumbing much so I dont even know if this is even in the ball park of reality? Im about to tell this dude to suck 9000 dicks.

Yeah thats crazy! Does the estimate break down materials cost, as well as provide a time estimate? You can easily block out the material estimate yourself if its itemized and then figure out what he's charging per hour for the time. 

When I was doing the provisioning for the screen printing stuff I got quoted $9k - $10k for the electrical work. Basically trench maybe 15ft, lay down whatever that outdoor pipe is (think it was schedule 40), install a new service entry panel and breaker panel and then run two electrical drops according to spec (specific amperage). They claimed it was mostly materials cost and should take a day and a half. Looked up all the stuff (or a quality equivalent on Amazon and was about $1100, so dudes were taxing hard). Then googled / Youtube'd how to do it all. Ended up spending $1500 to do all of it, as well as require all the overhead lighting, install and new light switch that didn't exist, as well as install 5 new outlets that also didn't exist. Honestly wasn't that hard despite not knowing anything about electrical. Also ended up running plumbing, installing a new sing and outfitting the entire shop for pneumatics, which included running hard pipe through out and install cut off valves, water traps and two pressure gauges. Also pretty simple after a few hours on YouTube.

Suggest you consider just doing it yourself man. Bettering it'll be a teeny fraction of that cost since plumbing is pretty much just PVC and glue. Or you can buy quick connects and not have to do anything except cut it to length and snap it together. Even if you go high end and run copper pipes (unlikely), still easy and not that expensive since we probably ran about 8- ft of that through two rooms for out pneumatics.

• Truth 1
  • Props 1

@misteravenMy biggest deal was them being able to pull permits. That being said, as a home owner im pretty sure I can pull them myself. They were going to run pex. I can sweat copper so I think I am just going to do all of this myself.

There was no break down for pricing but it was broken down into master bath and hall bath. The rough in for the master was 5000. The repipe for the hall bath was 3700. There isnt more than $300 in material going into the hall bath including copper and a new diverter. 

It did specify that I would be supplying all fixtures and toilet lol.

Ive been getting crazy prices on everything across the board. I have a job right now where I have to have licensed electricians come in and pull permits to rewire a house fire. These fools dropped me a price around $13,000. I think the highest Ive ever paid on something like this is $7000. The worlds going crazy.

On top of everything else, my cousin still hasnt come by to finish my electric. This dude is killing me.

1 hour ago, LUGR said:

@mr.yuckShop it around if you don’t end up DIY. I assume you are familiar with more than one plumbing outfit in your line of work.

I got one more call to one of the homies that owns his own plumbing company. I sent him into my parents place to redo all of their plumbing. He had to carve up their slab to move shit around and it wasnt even this high. Speaking of high, one of his techs forgot to glue a section of drain pipe together and made a fucking mess in the condo. I'll have to keep an eye out for that guy.

I made myself a promise when I started my own business that I would never go under another house again. Im too long, it's too weird, and theres bugs. But for real though, Im not too proud to save decent used car money.

Brehs. This time last week the wife went to her standard ultrasound and we ended up staying for 5 days to have a early baby. There were complications that ultimately turned out fine but holy fuck was it scary. We got to bring dude home for less than 48hrs when the wife’s doc called and said she had some bad labs and needing to be re-admitted. I held down the fort with a brand new little guy and could have stayed my black ass home on my couch. But naw. Some asshole at the hospital felt bad and pulled strings to allow me to go back in with the baby. You may be wondering what the angle is here. It’s 3:30am and I’m happy everything’s good and the little fam is together even if I want to jump out of this window. Peace n luh. 

ps. Any of you dads got something similar to share yktfv 

• Props 2

• 2 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, One Man Banned said:

Feeling good.  Wainting to go get some Korean fried chicken.  You?

Meh. I think the grey is setting in on my mental (the weather in RI lately). Not working (by choice) for a few is a drag also. Korean fried chicken is the mf truth though. Havent had it in a while but theres a dope spot in PVD i fuck with. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

Meh. I think the grey is setting in on my mental (the weather in RI lately). Not working (by choice) for a few is a drag also. Korean fried chicken is the mf truth though. Havent had it in a while but theres a dope spot in PVD i fuck with. 

That was the right shit just now.  I'm not a giant fan of wings and the ones I've liked have been few and far between.  Korean style ranks pretty high for me.  

How is it your girl had the child and you got the postpartum?  For realzies tho, you get the seasonal type shit or just not a fan of grey days?  I try not to let the weather stop me in anything but hey, sometimes a cold grey ass day is just that.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, One Man Banned said:

That was the right shit just now.  I'm not a giant fan of wings and the ones I've liked have been few and far between.  Korean style ranks pretty high for me.  

How is it your girl had the child and you got the postpartum?  For realzies tho, you get the seasonal type shit or just not a fan of grey days?  I try not to let the weather stop me in anything but hey, sometimes a cold grey ass day is just that.

DUDES GET POSTPARTUM TOO MAAAAAAAN. lol. i already suffer from year round and eternal chronic despair and i am also bi poler. Hell of a catch, right..? Poor kids are in for a world of confusing love and emotion. Weather ALWAYS makes my shit jump off medication lane. One of the primary reasons i didn't last longer than a year in PDX. POZ RIP. Dudes always tried to say it wasnt that bad. HA! Maybe if you are kurt cobain. It's usually paired with other stuff though. In all seriousness, there is most definitely extra feelings going around in my world. 

and is that a typo? Caught in providence what now? 

Im really fr kind of worried about this weird shit i stumbled on though....

IMG_1510.thumb.PNG.fed62b4ec1964b14f4042f6c20789c61.PNG

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ndv said:

I havent found my "special" tax guy yet. But I sure am in need. If motherfuckers like donald trump and the rest of the big ballers walk around free and clear of the giant dildo in your ass that is the tax man, then little people should be chillin. Fuck that. 

• Like 1
  • LOL! 2

@NightmareOnElmStreet you can tackle your taxes yourself. If you are doing 200k or less in total sales, you can probably find a way to write off just about everything. 

When I do my taxes, its generally because I have to show income for a loan. My favorite way to do my taxes is to straight up lie. I claim about 50,000 miles a year per vehicle. That joint knocks down the taxable income quick. Is your girl working or is she taking care of the new babies. If you cant get your taxable income down to a manageable level, split it between the two of you as long as it doesnt interfere with income thresholds for any benefits she may be receiving.

• Props 1

11 hours ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

DUDES GET POSTPARTUM TOO MAAAAAAAN. lol. i already suffer from year round and eternal chronic despair and i am also bi poler. Hell of a catch, right..? Poor kids are in for a world of confusing love and emotion. Weather ALWAYS makes my shit jump off medication lane. One of the primary reasons i didn't last longer than a year in PDX. POZ RIP. Dudes always tried to say it wasnt that bad. HA! Maybe if you are kurt cobain. It's usually paired with other stuff though. In all seriousness, there is most definitely extra feelings going around in my world. 

and is that a typo? Caught in providence what now? 

Im really fr kind of worried about this weird shit i stumbled on though....

IMG_1510.thumb.PNG.fed62b4ec1964b14f4042f6c20789c61.PNG

Apparently a youtube series.........