The general discussion thread within our general discussion.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
2 hours ago, One Man Banned said:

Nothing wrong with a shelter dog at all but I prefer a breeder if I'm going for a specific type of dog, my main concerns being having a good look for that breed, and hopefully decreased chances of medical issues that they may have tried to breed out over time.  Designer dogs are out for me.  There are a few types of shepards with their own potential medical concerns that I would want to be aware of before purchasing.

No, shit? I am unaware of these issues. They have massive appeal to me because they mark all my checkpoints. Active. Protecting. Intelligent. Longevity.

@wherecorgis are cute 

@ndvthere are so many big dogs I would like to have. So many little dogs too. But I need that og road dog that can handle long hikes and willing to fuck some shit up if need be. A lot to  big dogs cash out early if you run em hard in the world. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

No, shit? I am unaware of these issues. They have massive appeal to me because they mark all my checkpoints. Active. Protecting. Intelligent. Longevity.

I believe the main issue with shepards is their hips, and if I'm correct, this affects some types of shepards more than others.  There are US and Euro breeds.  My buddy just lost his a few months back from old age.  His hips were weaker in his later years and my buddy had to lift him in/out of his truck.  That's a lot of dog to lift.  Anyhow, I know of several types of dogs with their own potential medical issues, it's worth looking into before you buy so you know what you might face.  If you go through a breeder I'd suggest looking for registered breeders and then questioning them about these types of issues to see if they know their shit.   

2 hours ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

Yo, thats wild you brought that up @ndvI literally just logged on to check back into that shit. God dam Social Dilemma done messed around with my brain too much. I was interested in that thread a while back but just too lazy. You saying it's trash and deleted all you pw's???

Yeah, it happened to me yesterday but didn't really think much of it until today.  Double checked my passwords in settings and my saved password list was gone. I have to start fresh.  Of course I still have chrome so I was able to export my passwords then import.  Which worked.  But I just found it weird.   As for my mobile, not a problem, everything there.  

Beats me?  But scared me because what happened yesterday could happen again at random down the road and not a fan of those kinda inconveniences.  Specially passwords to important stuff for business. 

Insect-sized robot to carry out search and rescue, infrastructure inspection tasks

Marie Donlon | August 20, 2020

Researchers from the University of Southern California (USC) have developed a tiny robot that is powered by methanol and that moves via artificial muscles.

The 88 milligram RoBeetle autonomously climbs, crawls and transports loads more than two times its weight without benefit of motor or battery. Instead the tiny robot moves thanks to a combination of methane, which stores 10 times more energy than a battery of the same mass, and artificial muscle comprised of nickel-titanium alloy (Nitinol) wires, which contract when heated.

Robeetle.jpg

Coated with a platinum powder, the wires contract once vapor from the RoBeetle's fuel tank burns the wires while a network of microvalves close to prevent combustion. Once the wires cool and expand, more valves open, and the process is repeated until the fuel is depleted. These expanding and contracting motions enable the artificial muscles to move via a connected transmission mechanism.

At just 0.6 inches in length, the absence of a battery and a motor eliminates the bulkiness of small robots intended for applications that are either inaccessible or too hazardous for humans to undertake. As such, the RoBeetle shows promise for carrying out dangerous tasks such as infrastructure inspection or search and rescue missions, according to researchers. Likewise, the RoBeetle’s developers believe that the robot could be used for artificial pollination and environmental monitoring tasks as well.

Edited by ndv

we're going to exterminate the bees with insecticides and big agriculture will replace the pollinators with these robots powered by methanol made from one of the worst greenhouse gases. freedom! 

you can make methanol from

biomass/renewables but do you really think we're not gonna drill for natural gas? lol

Edited by Elena Delle Donne
  • Like 1

Dude bombing science been mad lit lately but 12ozprophet is the subset I claim insane juggalos\12ozprophets i can never leave twelve oz cuz I made up a forum for it in the mind where u message people with letters like a post I be texting Bella ppl in there and telling people shit using bcgkrounds like the koolaid man and fire for the background of the post I believe that I got the idea from the page of people on here it made me think heads then brains 

Then I said I was a twelve oz prophet and I closed my eyes and saw paper and tried to draw in my mind which made me wanna post it so I came up with a forum someone I swear came up with graffiti wall you can paint in the mind in the prophets forum I just like the power of the mind

When I was in jail somebody told me the power of the mind is strong you can do anything you want your own mind you wanna kill someone mentallybits better than physically 

1 hour ago, Elena Delle Donne said:

we're going to exterminate the bees with insecticides and big agriculture will replace the pollinators with these robots powered by methanol made from one of the worst greenhouse gases. freedom! 

you can make methanol from

biomass/renewables but do you really think we're not gonna drill for natural gas? lol

Genetically modified seeds will do the trick.  Lowly but surely Monsanto wants to make sure of it

4 hours ago, One Man Banned said:

Fuck Monsanto and any of their related partners.  But people are fucking it up too by using their products at home on their lawns and gardens.

We see eye to eye.  Someone explained Monsanto like this, Monsanto is the real world Umbrella Corp.    And I have a gut feeling, their right. 

• Truth 1

4 hours ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

Sooooo. A robot beetle is supposed to search and rescue what exactly? The diamond rings off of dead womens fingers? (veryhighnoesOner)

I was wondering the same thing.   Although I have read articles similar to this one but more so for industrial purposes on how these tiny robots are geared with sensors that can detest corrosion or fatigue/stress in pipelines.  But in areas of using man controlled gear like cams and devices that can be costly.  These little robots are going to be more efficient by deploying 30 to 40 or some cases 100s to 1000s to monitor infrastructure in real time 24/ 365.  How, I think the tech is a little behind and the cost needs to be reduced as well. 

This article was kinda weak, but there a few that are published that are interestingly scary and those are the defence / military articles.   One was about bullets that can change directory.  Not like heat seeking but it was looking that way. 

• Like 1

On 9/30/2020 at 8:05 PM, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

@ndvwhat happened with the brave browser situation? And do you recommend or na?

I am glad you asked.   I do not know what happened?  I am not sure if somehow it was related to a recent update  or wuen i was seting up sync a couple weeks ago but the update being the culprit as a 2 week delayed bug doesn't make sense. 

So thankfully I still have chrome with all of my passwords saved which I was able to go back and export my passwords, then went to brave and imported the passwords.  I am good to go.  

But it does raise concern because if I stopped storing passwords with chrome, then I would had to have reset all of my passwords, and save them again in Brave.