The general discussion thread within our general discussion.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

@KILZ FILLZthat belongs in the NONSENSE thread LOL. 

Naw I'm j/k'ing but for real though why can't we SAY or DO anything EVER AGAIN without offending people for like the rest of eternity....?

The more and more I listen to that crazy jack sparrow guy from the survival podcast the more I feel myself losing connection with city life. 

Which wouldn't make much sense because then you end up in the middle of nowhere or some rural ass town where just being A BLACK GUY

is offensive to some folks lol. IDFK. Niggas can't think anymore. Im dead in these streets. 

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

15 hours ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

Naw I'm j/k'ing but for real though why can't we SAY or DO anything EVER AGAIN without offending people for like the rest of eternity....?

The more and more I listen to that crazy jack sparrow guy from the survival podcast the more I feel myself losing connection with city life. 

Which wouldn't make much sense because then you end up in the middle of nowhere or some rural ass town where just being A BLACK GUY

is offensive to some folks lol. IDFK. Niggas can't think anymore. Im dead in these streets. 

I think we all need a Media cleanse

Social media and mass media

too much input and too many opinions

too many people have a forum that probably shouldnt

idk man

but I’m w you about offending people by doing anything and it being fucking exhausting 

• Like 3
  • Truth 2
  • LOL! 1

9 hours ago, where said:

Cheers, don’t trigger anyone. I’m hunting turkeys with a compound bow this fall.

I have a brother in law who does a shit load of geese hunting. Shot gunning, rather. They are shit eating for like a main course I hear but they make one hell of a sausage blend or straight up smoked jerky. I'm on that shit this year.Just need to figure out if I want to go full legal gun license acquisition or hood. 

4 minutes ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

I have a brother in law who does a shit load of geese hunting. Shot gunning, rather. They are shit eating for like a main course I hear but they make one hell of a sausage blend or straight up smoked jerky. I'm on that shit this year.Just need to figure out if I want to go full legal gun license acquisition or hood. 

Yea man I’ve become quite the outdoorsman hahah tonight no lie caught bass on my first 7/8 casts, been meaning to text you bring your fam Sunday around 5 we’ll catch hella bass breh 

Edited by where

10 hours ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

I think we all need a Media cleanse

Social media and mass media

too much input and too many opinions

too many people have a forum that probably shouldnt

idk man

but I’m w you about offending people by doing anything and it being fucking exhausting 

You would think I would realize arguing with some people is akin to beating my forehead into a wall like Mike from JErsey Shore

I don't learn

How do you mean? Like no socks or no show socks or what.

Anybody ever think about leadership and how to develop it, I have worked with a good number of managers who have no idea so I have started thinking about how to develop the skill.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, morton said:

How do you mean? Like no socks or no show socks or what.

Anybody ever think about leadership and how to develop it, I have worked with a good number of managers who have no idea so I have started thinking about how to develop the skill.  

I recommend this podcast. It has helped me out a ton

F762059D-6050-40F5-96BD-FBD408FBBA27.png

• Like 1

9 hours ago, morton said:

There's research on this.  The part I know about goes over how there are different management styles that are not necessarily good/bad right/wrong but more like some that would fit certain people or situations more effectively than other styles.  Also talks about how this relates to employee output and work satisfaction.  That aside, I feel like the rest is strongly related to having a degree of natural skill or ability at it.  When I think of some of the best and worst bosses I've had, I don't think it was shit they learned in training that made them that way.  Some managerial training is awful, I feel bad for all involved.  Like remember when "think outside the box" became the catch phrase?  It was sad to see a boss come to us and  tell us we needed to think outside the box knowing they had no idea what that meant, it was some shit they were given in a training to parrot back to the underlings.

• Truth 1

On 7/2/2020 at 12:30 AM, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

You would be surprised. I've ended up in a bunch of super small towns through America and I discovered a super higher than average amount of inter racial relationships. Come to find out it was because all of the white people were related and all of the black people were related. Small town folk are a lot more progressive than they are given credit for.

15 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

You would be surprised. I've ended up in a bunch of super small towns through America and I discovered a super higher than average amount of inter racial relationships. Come to find out it was because all of the white people were related and all of the black people were related. Small town folk are a lot more progressive than they are given credit for.

100%. I have been through these towns on my travels. They are hit or miss for sure though. Super gnarly southern place like Alabama have the fucking weirdest most confusing vibes ever. People are so kind and humble to you no matter what color...But they can also let a casual nigger or two slip without even blinking an eye because its a different breed of racism. Some of those towns are like that because its deep rooted in language and not straight up hate. My aunt lives in one of these places and there are dirt roads. People were so nice I was flabbergasted. 

2 hours ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

100%. I have been through these towns on my travels. They are hit or miss for sure though. Super gnarly southern place like Alabama have the fucking weirdest most confusing vibes ever. People are so kind and humble to you no matter what color...But they can also let a casual nigger or two slip without even blinking an eye because its a different breed of racism. Some of those towns are like that because its deep rooted in language and not straight up hate. My aunt lives in one of these places and there are dirt roads. People were so nice I was flabbergasted. 

Yes. Cosigned. The ignorance can be entertaining though. I dated this girl years ago and her mom grew up in small town georgia. Her mom was telling me about the first time she saw a black girl get undressed in front of her at school. Now, lets establish that she was like 15 or 16 at this point when this happened. So, she says the black girl gets undressed and when the girls mom looks at her she almost passes out. She was so shocled that all of her skin was brown. She literally thought that black people were black from the elbows and knees down and that the rest of their bodies were white.

• LOL! 1

Lol. I got stacks like that all over the house. Things are good, man. I forgot to go to work for the past month and figured it was time to get back to it. I let a project manager order doors and trim for a house thats just been sitting waiting for me for about 2 months now. I show up today and all the doors are the wrong fucking sizes and there are lots of 2x4s there for some reason. I just turned around and left. I'll try again tomorrow when he can meet me there and explain what he's done. 

You get your price list straight yet?

• LOL! 1

Good people of the oontz! Advice required. Aside from the fact Subaru’s are already crunchy granola mom cars they are also just straight up trash especially if you have one made 2012-2015. I have a 2013 Impreza and the fucking thing has been nothing but a bag of dicks since I got it. They even had a transmission recall and popped a brand new $8000 dollar jammy right in there. 2+ years later my engines burning oil and there was a recall for something in there not long ago but I never acted on it. 

Today, wifey finally brings her in and they rip out the engine only to report back that all of the problems were irrelevant to said recall and blah blah blah we have wiped x amount of labor costs because of the recall check. But the work required would be $1200. 

My wifes saying let’s just pay, meanwhile I’m over here about to drive down to the office with the wild attitude because I simply do not believe all of these problems did not stem from said recall. 

Here is the question. Do I take the L and pay because it’s a lost cause at this point? Or do I fight with corporate over something that I would have paid around $3200 for had they not checked the engine as part of the recall in the first place....? Technically I got a deal. Technically they can s my d from the back because they know and I know the whole entire engine is trash regardless and they should fix everything for free. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

Good people of the oontz! Advice required. Aside from the fact Subaru’s are already crunchy granola mom cars they are also just straight up trash especially if you have one made 2012-2015. I have a 2013 Impreza and the fucking thing has been nothing but a bag of dicks since I got it. They even had a transmission recall and popped a brand new $8000 dollar jammy right in there. 2+ years later my engines burning oil and there was a recall for something in there not long ago but I never acted on it. 

Today, wifey finally brings her in and they rip out the engine only to report back that all of the problems were irrelevant to said recall and blah blah blah we have wiped x amount of labor costs because of the recall check. But the work required would be $1200. 

My wifes saying let’s just pay, meanwhile I’m over here about to drive down to the office with the wild attitude because I simply do not believe all of these problems did not stem from said recall. 

Here is the question. Do I take the L and pay because it’s a lost cause at this point? Or do I fight with corporate over something that I would have paid around $3200 for had they not checked the engine as part of the recall in the first place....? Technically I got a deal. Technically they can s my d from the back because they know and I know the whole entire engine is trash regardless and they should fix everything for free. 

Let me get you a glass of water, you're going to get thirsty with all that saltiness.  Unless you have a way to prove that the recall issue caused the other issues you're stuck.  The rest is you fucking yourself up.  Granted  no one wants to throw $1200 into their beat ass car (I feel you f'real) but reading what you wrote, you can't decide if you've won or lost and you're then trying to make your own rules (how things "should" be) to further frustrate yourself.  You're driving a beater.  The good news is you don't need a new car or a more expensive repair.  I assume that if you could drive a newer or "better" car at this time you would.  Since you're not, your mission is to keep that shit on wheels rolling until it don't roll no more.  In short, pay the $, ease your mind, get wifey to suck it from behind.

• Props 1

Important piece I realized later, you're about to have a kid.  So maybe more like salt in a wound.  That $$ would cover a lot of diapers and such.  If it were me I'd view it as for $1200 I have a working ride to drive the wife and kids in. $1200 is also the cost of piece of mind that you're not going to be left stranded on the side of the road w/ your wife/kids and feeling like a POS for it.

• Props 2

$1200 sucks but they already got your engine blown up and you over a barrel. Head gasket? If the did the disassembly already and you aren’t getting charged for that because they were digging into a recall sounds like you’re coming out on top here. Pay the man I guess

I would highly highly advise anyone who reads this to cop a third party extended warranty if you’re getting a used/pre owned car. They ain’t cheap, like $k-$2k, but will cover any mexhical shit that pops up and you only pay the deductible. My last car had faulty piston rings from the factory and was burning oil at like 45k miles. Got a brand new crate motor installed for $500 deductible. My current car had the electric power steering module fail the first year I owned it. Got a new module and all wiring installed for $500 deductible. Both times complimentary rental car as part of the warranty. 

last thing- find a mechanic who either specializes in your brand of car or even better ONLY works on your kind of car. Get a relationship with them and go to them first anytime anything is going on w your ride. They will tell it to you straight when the dealership wants to fuck you (stealership). Take the info they provide and get the work done at the dealer of you want, or, as part of the warranty a non-dealership shop is allowed to perform the repairs being covered under the deductible. 

Stealerships are fucking thieves. The flat labor rates they charge are ridiculous, (2 hrs labor at $125/ hr for a job that consistently takes 30 min).  

Thanks brehs. Lots of salt was definitely clogging my arteries or however you say it. @One Man Bannedon spot with the wife and kid thing. We only have that overpriced shitbox pos and my new used work truck which only has the extended cab. Kinda need a fully operational mom car. I paid up. But I’m hella tight about it. @KILZ FILLZthat warranty shit is where it’s at and I wish I had gotten it. I think I had what you’re talking about a car or 2 ago on the Jeep I actually drove to your house omw back east. I remember getting some very reasonably priced work done because I had that shit.