The general discussion thread within our general discussion.

2 hours ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

I don’t mind the fee, it’s the cost of convenience. 

saves me buying coin rolls and spending the time rolling the coins. I get ya tho

All that shit is a tax on the poor. ATMs that let you pull out $10 at a time but still charge $3. Thats a 30% tax to access your money. Title loans at 1000% interest. I have also noticed that coinstar charges like 9% in the suburbs and I've seen it as high as 15% in the hood.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Convenience fee is just a phrase I use for myself in my own life.  I idea if that’s a real thing

example for me is - not driving across town for a gas station because it’s a few cents cheaper per gallon. More convenient for me to go to the gas station on my block even though it may cost more. 

Also consider it a wash because of the gas that would be used to get home from the station across town

just my own examples though

same logic for beers, burritos etc

im constantly doing these stupid equations in my head lol

• Like 2

I went into a mini-mart in Chinatown with my dad back in the day when smokes were sneaking up on the five dollar mark.

The cashier told him that a pack of Camel straights would be $5.05 to which my father exclaimed that he must be out of his mind if he thought that he would pay that, we proceeded to drive down the road a couple miles to the industrial area where they could be had for $4.95.  

I generally do not sweat the change but I do watch it. Hitting the cheap gas is a lot more meaningful when you ride a full sized truck, what a feeling when you have like the killer grocery store discount and max it out. It has been a non issue for me the past couple years but back when I had a 60 mile commute in a older suv it used to matter.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

im constantly doing these stupid equations in my head lol

I think this is were my paranoia stems from and snow balls into the personal conspiracy that everyone is trying to dupe me out of more money.

IDK but I am tired of all these maths... 

• Like 2

Hah. @KILZ FILLZ I do the same math and I dont even know why. I have such little respect for money I'll do a complex equation that would make my summer school algebra teacher proud to save 36 cents on a full tank of gas just to spend $200 at the cash register on local political trading cards trying to find the limited edition hologram comptroller card.

• LOL! 1

The man knows what you know and then they discount it to control your mind, milk is a loss leader in many grocery chains because they know that people track the cost mentally and equate it with value in the store.

I don't drink and haven't for years but still pull the "it would be a cheap bar tab" mental justification for things, especially entertainment and dinners out. 

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

26 minutes ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

Do you ever equate things to beers @mr.yuck? I find myself doing this one a lot too

”damn, I like that Tee but it’s $15.

well, $15 is only three $5 beers...

and I’d pay that bar tab with out batting an eye...

so fuck it imma get that tee!”

always, all the time

its an illness lol

Yes. I equate things all the time. But its on a much larger scale than beers. It usualy has to do with my employees. This is super fucked up on my part because the way I have set things up, it's not anybodies fault but my own. I pay my employees for a 40 hr work week no matter how long they work. If they get their tasks completed in 5 hrs, they can go home and get paid for 8. There have been weeks where we dont do anything but nobodies paychecks stop. So when we get back to work after being down for a week and motherfuckers are slacking or fucking shit up, I start equating how much I have paid them with how many pairs of versace loafers I could have bought.

@mortonI also quit drinking and smoking years ago. I never worried about the price of anything really, mostly because I have always lived within my means, for what ever my means were at the time. However, I would always equate things to a case of beer or a carton of smokes even if I could easily afford what ever I was comparing and the beer and the smokes.

Edited by mr.yuck
  • Props 1

Funny, the loafer currency.

For years I got paid for 8 and could leave early if I finished, it was great, a good motivator to work efficiently and offset the bummer that comes with no overtime.

Then corporate got everyone those fucking ipads and now I gotta stand by and check in at the end of the day. And they say it's a free country.  

• Like 2

Coinstar is a rip, unless you convert the change into a gift card from one of their sponsors, then there's no charge.  I don't mind in that sense (cents?), I have a can I throw pennies in.  When it gets full I cash it in for an Amazon card and buy a book or two.  BUT- I have a big wine jug I throw all my other change in.  Fuck coinstar for that.  The dilemma though, funny as it is, it's fucking hard to get a bank to take your fucking change.  They have a coin counter, but they won't throw your shit in it.  One bank had customer use coin counters for a while that got shut down after it was discovered that they were miscounting, not in the customer's favor of course.  My current bank will only take rolled coins, which I don't get at all.  I mean someone is going to have to open them shits up and run them through the coin counter, no?  Otherwise how do they know they have the correct amount, or it's not a bunch of washers rolled up?  When I need to take change in now I go with  a relative to their  bank that accepts the change.  You run it through the counter yourself and then the teller gives you bills.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

I just started adding mustard to my whoppers. I dont know if ya'll do this too but its a game changer.

I am fairly certain this is the normal recipe, no....? Damn, idk now.....This one has me fucked up. All burgers, dawgs, and miscellaneous sammiches are100% always better with the mustehds. 

10 hours ago, morton said:

Coin star is such a rip off, so broke you are digging the cushions for change, how about you give us ten percent for counting it.

Coinstar is the move when you need it to be. I done leveled back up a gang of times off that shit. Haven't used it in a few years but I started going to my local credit union bank because they has a free machine you didn't need rolls for. Also sounds pretty rad they're gonna start fucking with bitcoin.

@SMdoubleXLis onto something with the coin shortage theory.

WE ARE ALL BEING HERDED INTO SOME FUCKED UP 1984 DYSTOPIAN SHIT AFTER CIVIL WAR AND IF WE DONT START BECOMING AS FULLY INDEPENDENT AWAY FROM THE STATE AS MUCH AS ONE CAN POSSIBLY BE, WE MIGHT AS WELL JUST BREAK OUT THE KY JELLY AND SIT IN A GIANT CELL SURROUNDED BY GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS. 

idfk what I am talking about but the more I listen to that survival podcast the crazier I sound everyday....

5 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

Yes. I equate things all the time. But its on a much larger scale than beers. It usualy has to do with my employees. This is super fucked up on my part because the way I have set things up, it's not anybodies fault but my own. I pay my employees for a 40 hr work week no matter how long they work. If they get their tasks completed in 5 hrs, they can go home and get paid for 8. There have been weeks where we dont do anything but nobodies paychecks stop. So when we get back to work after being down for a week and motherfuckers are slacking or fucking shit up, I start equating how much I have paid them with how many pairs of versace loafers I could have bought.

@mortonI also quit drinking and smoking years ago. I never worried about the price of anything really, mostly because I have always lived within my means, for what ever my means were at the time. However, I would always equate things to a case of beer or a carton of smokes even if I could easily afford what ever I was comparing and the beer and the smokes.

God damn homie. If only every boss in construction played the game this way. There would be a hell of a lot more happy customers in the home improvement world. I gotta holler at you soon about that boss shit as I am considering finding a guy. Just one. I do NOT see myself as a boss, and I just don't know if I could really do it. I had a young apprentice kid for a couple months when I was working at the finish spray shop last year right before starting out on my own and It was basically like having a employee. Delegating shit to dudes and making sure a mf can feed they family is some next level responsibility though. Bosses suck. But you don't sound like you suck at all whatsoever. 

• Props 2

6 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

@KILZ FILLZI do the same thing at work with paying vendors but I do it with base model Honda Civics...."damn we paid that dude 2 Honda Civics!" Then I get sad about my commission.  

• Like 2
  • LOL! 1

@CLICKCLACKONERlol its all relative man. Your vendors costs might be through the roof. Your commission check might be bigger than their net profits. I stopped trying to count other peoples money a few years ago. I used to tell people a lot "if I had your hand, I'd cut mine off." Come to find out we'd all be running around handless. Lol

@NightmareOnElmStreetbro. Respect. I think there are 2 different types of bosses. There are those that know everything about what they do and then there are those that have no practical knowledge but they understand how to run a business. 

For years Ive been the first type of boss where I know the business and I hire people that dont know shit that can earn while they learn. It's easier on the bank account but not on your sanity.

Lately Ive started kicking around the idea of hiring guys that know way more than I do. I have some sub contractors I use that are carpenters and I can literally just drop material off at the job and I dont have to tell them a damn thing. But they are hella expensive. I think I can replicate what they do with an in house crew for a 3rd of the cost. That should be able to free me up to actually run the business. To be honest man, if I dont ever swing a hammer again, it wont be too soon. I woke up the other morning and my body sounded like a cement mixer. 

Shitty bosses are just shitty bosses. Pushing production from the rear with thinly veiled threats is how most construction operates. 

After you strip away the fact that people show up to a job for a paycheck, there are other things that motivate people to work harder for you. Some people like private encouragement, some people like when they get a pat on the back in front of everyone, some people like to hear their contribution is vital to the overall success of the project. Once you figure out what makes people tick you can lead from the front and motivate through positive reinforcement rather than through threats. So when its finally time to get out of the bucket you can tell your employees that you need to step back to keep the work flowing, hopefully youll have a crew full of can do mfers that will support you.

Ps. Nah the whopper comes with ketchup only. I dont really like ketchup so I thought it was funny I never noticed. I started getting that bad boy with extra pickles and mustard. Fire.

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

Ahite so I gotta step into some weirdo creep shit now.....My old lady is v pregnant. This is great and what not but we haven’t been able to have none of that good pregnant smash in months due to some asshole Netherlands complications about where the damn baby’s at. I don’t pay enough attention to that part. Said problem is months away from being solved. 

Wifey and I have had some pretty rad agreements and experiences over the years to preface this conversation so I don’t sound like a pos. She’s overly chill and open to openess and we done already been down that road. Anyways. She’s bummed about the sexins but mostly for me and she’s mentioned the possibility of hoe houses for me lol. I’m interested. 

My question to y’all is how do yous feel about hoes and they houses and since backpage was shut down by the faggot government where would one even start to look...? LOL. I feel like Boris knows these things. Niggas wouldn’t be caught DEAD ever pullin up on the hoe street or a the titty bar (they closed anyways). And I may never take the pass regardless. I’m just very curious and I wonder where all the loaded tech nerds that can’t find pussy go to buy it these days now that platforms like that are gone....

6 hours ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

I don’t pay enough attention to that part. 

Start paying more attention to that. 

I’ve given (grammar) the pass to a few guys before.  Hell-I’ve asked to bring her home if she’s game (and can cook) 

no one has ever been able to do it. Can’t build up the nerve to step up. 
Would you really be able to? 
do you remember how to? Haha 

it’s a fun game but you gotta play by your rules. 

dont lay good dick down unless you want problems. 
bitches love  some good dick and love side dick even more.  
choose wisely. 

• Like 1
  • Truth 1
  • Props 1

38 minutes ago, SMdoubleXL said:

I’ve given (grammar) the pass to a few guys before.  Hell-I’ve asked to bring her home if she’s game (and can cook) 

choose wisely. 

2 hours ago, SMdoubleXL said:

choose wisely. 

ahhhh christ! im tryin ova-heaah. something about a placenta where it ain't supposed to be. 

IMG_1932.gif.0461f586f4a8b3c5a6c92093d214f2b1.gif

• LOL! 2