The general discussion thread within our general discussion.

On 12/3/2020 at 5:16 AM, morton said:

On my mother's side of the family in the past all adults bought all other adults and children gifts. It was a major pain in the all and a non trivial amount of cash, it wore everyone down until we were all swapping gift cards which is totally ridiculous. Here is a 50 gift card to Chevron, oh thank you for the 50 card to Trader Joes.

Gifts for kids can be retarded too, the age when adults get the biggest jolly out of getting kids stuff is when kids need stuff the least. My child had like three different groups of adults buying him shit in his younger years. We had so many toys that storage was an issue and there is no practical way for a kid to get anything out of that much stuff, it is really borderline grotesque. And then when they could actually use some shit, like to buy all that back to school bullshit or young adulthood stuff the pack of givers has dialed back.

On my fathers side if we get together the typical gift is a verbal argument or, on special years a fist fight.

I better buy some shit this year, I have been looking pretty shitty not sending stuff home and then getting hundreds of dollars in gift cards in the mail.

My daughters situation sickens me. This fucking kid gets more presents at holiday presents getting times than any other kid I’ve ever seen because of the families. I grew up in a split home and my dads side were a bunch of cheapskates so I never got shit over there. But ohhhh nooo. Not this kid. Fuckin my house. Her mother’s house. Her grandparents. And now my in laws shower her almost as much as her normal family. She has like quadruple everything come birthday time. It’s to the point where I’m consider telling all these people to put money into her savings account I haven’t even opened yet. 

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

When I had the kids (my child and my bro’s children)  around I made sure Christmas was proper for them but realistic still. 
Nothing that would build debt. Because face it-a child wouldnt be able to tell you what they got for Christmas come January 23 when you get them toooo damn much. 
and yeah  @mr.yuck after seeing all the gifts  given  to nieces  and nephews all over the floor not taken care of-makes you decide real quick that that level of gift giving ain’t gonna happen again 

when I housed my brother and his kids -them lil muh fuckers would sneak open gifts so we started numbering them hahaha. This child got gifts marked with a 1 and so on but that would know which number was assigned to them until Christmas morning.  Was fun. 
and  Santa only brought one major gift, unwrapped and filled stockings  and everything else Was wrapped.  
it’s entirely different when your kid leaves the house. 

how do y’all deal with Santa? 

Edited by SMdoubleXL
  • Truth 1

1 hour ago, mr.yuck said:

@SMdoubleXL what do you mean "deal with santa"?

Also I just found out that reel 2 reel died a few months ago. Tryna move too much ketamine through his system.

He killed himself cause he was about to get charged with hella rapes, he allegedly raped some dj chick then a ton of other accusations so he decided to quit the game between save checkpoints 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, SMdoubleXL said:

When you were a child or for those who have children-

did/does Santa visit? 

For real though, there are only 2 kids left in this rediculous family that are santa aged. There are a couple of girls that could change that and keep this perpetual cycle of never ending kids going.

2 minutes ago, where said:

He killed himself cause he was about to get charged with hella rapes, he allegedly raped some dj chick then a ton of other accusations so he decided to quit the game between save checkpoints 

He pulled out the cartridge with the red light on

rest in piss

43 minutes ago, where said:

Whoa! That's wild. I feel like this happens a lot with washed up talent. 

That's super funny. When I moved back here for highschool I convinced some bitch that I used to have to ride tigers to school every day.

Why are there so many god damn states? That would be super dope if when the settlers pushed west, the whole jank just became one big ass state.

On 12/4/2020 at 8:17 PM, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

I grew up in a split home and my dads side were a bunch of cheapskates so I never got shit over there.

Same - for years growing up I was salty around the holidays because my pops family was fucked up. One year my pops found a jacket while I was with him, he washed that shit and gave it to me for my birthday or christmas or some such.......

This will be my kids first christmas with me and their mother apart - weird.

My son was saying the other day that his principal at school told him that she had dope christmas as a kid when her parents divorced. I think his eyes lit up - haha.

I do my best to make sure the kids feel taken care of but I also stay reasonable. 

• Like 3

On 12/5/2020 at 7:49 PM, SMdoubleXL said:

When you were a child or for those who have children-

did/does Santa visit? 

So i've kinda accidentally adopted the not really into santa thing concept with my daughter. Though i've never denounced the guy or flat out told her he wasnt a real thing i've also never really been too extra about it. Last year i tried to do the "elf on the shelf" thing. Even got her a brown one. She called it out for being a "stuffie". Kids doomed. At some point and i'm not exactly sure when, I stopped or noticed i never really did any kid typical things parents used to do back when i was coming up. No stupid songs. Not enough reading. No story telling. Barely any play. But i show lots of love and never called anything out to strip away any kidness either. 

Basically, I just don't force any of it and i just chill with the sub text that black santa, if he's around will be checkin in on her so she better act fuckin right. Lol. 

idfk what happened to me man. I taught preschool for like 6  god damned years. 

• Like 2
  • LOL! 1

Man im really worried about getting old. My grandma was admitted to the hospital last night because she didnt feel well and she died this morning. Im glad I got to see her earlier this year in February but it was weird because I know she didnt reckognize me. Some one told her my name and how I was related to her and she spent the entire day being polite to me. Mental decline and dementia has to be the wackest shit ever.

RIP Eleanor

7 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

Man im really worried about getting old. My grandma was admitted to the hospital last night because she didnt feel well and she died this morning. Im glad I got to see her earlier this year in February but it was weird because I know she didnt reckognize me. Some one told her my name and how I was related to her and she spent the entire day being polite to me. Mental decline and dementia has to be the wackest shit ever.

RIP Eleanor

There's no good reaction button for that but I'll offer my condolences.  I lost a close relative a few months back and it sucks.

• Like 1

Dementia is a sonofabitch. Sorry about your gramma man. That kind of old age is the fucking worst. Reckon that’s why robin williams called out on himself. Scary shit. My gramma had it when I was a kid up until she passed in my early 20’s. Didn’t have much of a relationship but she always managed to send me cards or gifts for the wrong age or gender. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

RIP Eleanor

condolences man. i think about aging a lot lately, this year has me worried about older family members 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mr.yuck said:

Thanks for the kind words @One Man Bannedand NOES. She had a long life. Punched out at 90. Meanwhile her husband is still killin the game at 102.

@NightmareOnElmStreetIts crazy man. A few years ago she sent me 3 xmas cards with an obscene amount of money in each of them. I had to call my mom to go take away her spending ability. 

Jeeeeesus. Hell of a run your elders got man. 

I have a little experience with elderly people experiencing dementia and feel that an ending is not without some relief for all involved.

Thinking of death reminds me that I need to update my living will, something to consider as we contemplate cognitive degeneration and death.

• Truth 2