The general discussion thread within our general discussion.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i torrented fuk graff volume 1 and infamy. watched piece by piece and dirty hands on youtube, both full of good stuff. 

infamy was a real bummer of a documentary but it was the first piece of media i'd ever experienced that ended by calling out graffiti. demonstrated all the bad outcomes for a lot of people in this culture that otherwise never get any shine. that was provocative and influential, and got me to pay closer attention to my life and my friends' lives at a pretty important time 

Edited by Elena Delle Donne
  • Like 1
  • FuckBoi 1

some stuff i love: 

i could watch an hour of this. seeing sicoer's stuff in person was a real treat. i was in krakow a few years ago just after he'd caught a career-ending case, so the city mostly hadn't buffed his stuff yet. he's really really good. 

this channel disappeared as quickly as it popped up, which is how it always goes with this stuff. but this videographer got it exactly right—especially with this video. i have walked routes like this, on nights like this, it activates so many sensory memories for me. 

• Like 5

Been in the YouTube grade vid k hole since this discussion popped off lol. Got me reminiscing on the moment you realized you were bound to be a vandal? 

- 4th grade for me. Substitute teacher from the Bronx came in and wrote his name out in bubble letters on the chalk board. Told some random story about how he got into teaching after begin in jail and used to be running in the streets doing crime and writing graffiti lol. Then showed us how to write our names. Rest of class could care less but I was already wondering how to do that shit from riding Amtrak into the city anyways. Summer after, heading into 6th grade I was lurkin lol. S/o to that guy. Respect forever! 

• Like 5
  • Props 1

20 hours ago, Dark_Knight said:

^ he was never a “writer” but just something they did in the 70s in the neighborhood 

That’s fuckin awesome. I wish either one of my parents had something creative to pass on to me  lol. Then or any other family meme Ed from either side. NOTHIN. Black sheep Oner over here. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

That’s fuckin awesome. I wish either one of my parents had something creative to pass on to me  lol. Then or any other family meme Ed from either side. NOTHIN. Black sheep Oner over here. 

My dad can look at someone or something and sketch it with crazy accuracy. He is above me artistically. Never utilizes it either. In high school his teacher wanted him to put together a portfolio of all his art projects so he could get in to art school and he gave everything away and became an iron worker instead. Questionable rebellious shit but OG rebel shit nonetheless.

• Like 1
  • Truth 1
  • Props 2

Don’t do that shit @fat ralphy

Also 10 years age difference is insignificant the older you get. At 30 years old your potential future bae has had over a decade of experience as an adult and there is a good chance for compatibility with similar life experiences. I feel like that shit is weird if you are 40 and scoping out 18 year olds. Technically and adult, but hella predatory in my opinion. 

• Like 2
  • Truth 1

6 minutes ago, fat ralphy said:

@Dark_Knight haha I see your point - probably gonna limit myself to avoiding chicks that cant legally drink or may be living in convalescent homes.

@mr.yuck word that makes sense to me…..valid points bruh. Feel like maybe there is a story behind your dont date at work steeze…

my advice 

• Pause 1
  • LOL! 1

56 minutes ago, fat ralphy said:

My pops threatened to snitch me out once.

Side topic - what do we feel is a reasonable age difference between a female and a upstanding gentleman such as myself…..on both the high and low end?

Currently scoping 30-42 on the apps…..seems reasonable but is 10 years younger too much at 40. 

We definitely went through this topic with maybe @ndv or someone Idfk but like not that long ago lol. 

Personally, I have no interest in any chick younger than 30. I’m 37. I’d say 28 but even that’s a wild stretch. None of that 10 year shit. Fuck that. Only smashing, no relationships. And for co workers who gives a fuck. I reckon this depends on your work environment though. I work for myself so it doesn’t matter but I’m sure there are certain situations it’s not chill. I’ve actually been watching a whole entire show that centralizes around that on the apple tv stream. 

21 minutes ago, mr.yuck said:

Don’t do that shit @fat ralphy

Also 10 years age difference is insignificant the older you get. At 30 years old your potential future bae has had over a decade of experience as an adult and there is a good chance for compatibility with similar life experiences. I feel like that shit is weird if you are 40 and scoping out 18 year olds. Technically and adult, but hella predatory in my opinion. 

Na na na I don’t really look at anything as predatory like that. I was in high school once lol. These women know what they want to do and when. Always. I’d say a 16/17 year old is cutting it a little too fucking close for sexual decision making lol but there’s this weird moment in time where they just flip and get it. Impressionable maybe, but conscious of their actions for sure. I still don’t co sign shit like that though. If you’re over fucking 35 gtfo with that shit and find something a little less ripe. Ewwwww Lolol sounds mad gross even saying that! Leave them young bitches alone breh! 

• LOL! 1