The general discussion thread within our general discussion.

I moved a year ago and never took my desktop out of the box. I just use this crappy laptop at the kitchen table. The main drawback it the monitor is tiny and sits low, I want to upgrade my situation a little but am not sure how to move forward. 

A laptop with a docking station, monitor, and keyboard is my first idea but that shit wont fly at the table. I have an office but no desk, just another table in there that is massive and I can not bring myself to get rid of it because it is awesome, if not awkward.

What to do? And should I buy a nintendo switch?

As to the dating game after 16 years, no idea here as I am still in the long term but online seems to be the thing people do now. It seems like dating sober would be easier, like maybe dipping into a higher class pool but fucking casually would be harder. Good luck.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

PC is nice if you're doing anything where you want to see images, video, etc.  Laptop is nice because you can use it around the house or out on a porch or where ever you go.

Will say again on meeting people, IMO it's better to meet someone in person doing something you like or just being out somewhere vs online profiles.  Maybe @fat ralphycan find a BJJ girl who can do an Anaconda choke but not choke on an Anaconda.

Loved comics until comics got greedy, intertwining stories where you had to buy other comics to fully know what happened, including having to buy less popular titles.  Did get those FF vs XMEN and one of the similar runs tho.  Few graphic novels, Spiderman Vs Wolverine

I never understood comics but for some reason I had purchased some a long while ago and recently came across them. 
A few Wu Tang ones and a few Powerpuff girl ones. 
Found em within a stack of some old Source and XXL magazines from like ‘99. I’ll post up when I go through that box again. Willing to give away if anyone is interested. 

Off topic 

this was within that same box I recently went through 

I took a pic to send to my kid because we couldn’t find it for when she auditioned to be a Laker girl (made it to finalists). 
She received it when Kobe was a guest of honor at a dinner because of his sponsorship in the dance program she was in.   She got to dance as the entertainment at that dinner. 
F83DD0CC-CCAD-404C-A0BD-9FC092052B0B.thumb.jpeg.860fe50a101f9e28eb9574b161497a95.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Props 2

5 minutes ago, ndv said:

With the infrastructure bill being passed - does this mean the 600 dollar reporting has passed as well, assuming this was stuffed inside the infrastructure bill. 

I think that was removed, but I'm not 100% on that. Almost certain that it got squished on it's first trip to the Senate. 

• Like 1

Just now, lord_casek said:

I think that was removed, but I'm not 100% on that. Almost certain that it got squished on it's first trip to the Senate. 

I really hope so.  Mercer made a good point about how banks didn't want it too because of the extra work involved to report every transaction of 599.00 - which got me thinking, if the banks control (lobby) government then why would the banks what this to pass.  It just doesn't add up.  

1 minute ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

I remember them wars! Just geeked on infamy the other day lol. Been a while since I seen that shit. Love it. 

War4 held a special place in my heart because Prae and Poke were on it. Hometown guys. The wars were definitely the most gutter of the Graf tapes lol

Haven’t seen infamy in years. Day in the Lyfe was always my favorite. I have it around here somewhere. Have vhs tapes of a few video Graf that’s Im assuming are rotting in a dump somewhere.

• Like 1
  • Truth 1
  • Props 1

17 hours ago, One Man Banned said:

Still got most of the classics on VHS/DVD, Video Graf, GTV, Graffiti Verite, Magic Moments....

some gems there.

Video graff, malicious mischief, Dirty Hands, amsterdamage, rolling steel.

I gave most mine to the local graff shop to use as window dressing stuff.

14 minutes ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

GUYS. Y’all got the goods. How’s about some snail mail borrowing?? I got a lot of skate vids on vhs but I don’t own a single graffitis outside of style wars criterion on dvd. 

this would be cool but sadly all the ones i have left are PAL format not NTSC format.

here's the youtube links to three gems

• Like 1
  • Props 4

Back around 2006 while moving from one house to another I put aside a couple small sized moving boxes filled with magazines, vhs tapes and the like. I was unsure what to with them and was playing with the idea of gifting them to a  family member who had become interested in graffiti.

While unpacking a few weeks later I remembered the boxes in the basement of the house I moved out of but by then they were gone. 

I have sure not poured over any images of graffiti in the same way as back in the film era, looking at all the connections and everything, almost memorizing some of them.

Similar to listening to one album 50 times versus a spotify playlist, perhaps. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, fat ralphy said:

Part of the never owned a graf dvd crew checking in……

On occasion a local zine would make it into the pad. My money was all spent on beer/tree and pizza/burritos….never figured out how to rack a burrito.

You should check out piece by piece. San Fran Graf doc. (Pretty sure that’s where you’re from) ((sorry for the dry snitch on location))

• Like 1
  • Snitch 1

2 hours ago, Dark_Knight said:

You should check out piece by piece. San Fran Graf doc. (Pretty sure that’s where you’re from) ((sorry for the dry snitch on location))

Been up on it since it came out - knew/met some of the folks featured.

I actually finally bought that shit on DVD recently.  

• Like 2
  • Props 2