The general discussion thread within our general discussion.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
17 hours ago, Schnitzel said:

if you guys had a mate who seems to be very quickly progressing to full scale

" utterly bonkers, isolated due to 565 days living in emergency accomodation due to covid lockdowns etc, grieving his dead parents and slightly cooked from years of drug taking" madness

I received 51 whatsapp messages between 2:30am and 5:00am ranging from forced sterilisation and eugenics in NZ to the fact they trying to kill "his kind off due to them not perfect specimens" to all manner of subjects including his machetes, cannibalism in Mozambique, his toy hippo collection, the way the christchurch mosque shooter is shrinking as a man due to his incarceration and all manner of stuff.

Dude needs medical attention for his spine but he's so cooked he accuses every doctor of falsifying results against him and gets asked to leave most medical practitioner's offices.Apparently it's all a big conspiracy because the maoris want him dead.

what would you do?

luckily he's in NZ and I'm in Australia but I think he might need actual help.

and as far as dying what morton said

In your situation the proper thing to do is just smile and hand him a vegemite sandwich.  Sorry, couldn't resist.

The idea to try to call him at a proper hour is good and I might suggest trying to do something like a video chat so you can get a sense of his physical condition and surroundings as well.  If you know people who know him I might shoot them a message that dude is pretty messed up right now and can they give him a shout or check in on him in person, lend some support.

I believe it's best to be straight and honest with him in terms of... your behavior is concerning/worrisome, I see you getting worse, sometimes you don't make sense, etc.  I would also strongly suggest he seek substance abuse treatment or rehab and/or professional counseling.

• Like 3
  • Truth 1

6 minutes ago, One Man Banned said:

In your situation the proper thing to do is just smile and hand him a vegemite sandwich.  Sorry, couldn't resist.

The idea to try to call him at a proper hour is good and I might suggest trying to do something like a video chat so you can get a sense of his physical condition and surroundings as well.  If you know people who know him I might shoot them a message that dude is pretty messed up right now and can they give him a shout or check in on him in person, lend some support.

I believe it's best to be straight and honest with him in terms of... your behavior is concerning/worrisome, I see you getting worse, sometimes you don't make sense, etc.  I would also strongly suggest he seek substance abuse treatment or rehab and/or professional counseling.

Yeah I'm going to have to speak to him to talk about it.

I can't just avoid it.

@morton

@fat ralphy
 thanks as well for the measured & sensible responses.

• Like 1
  • Truth 2

Dudes who entertained the awake or sleeping death thing. Thanks. Personally, I got nothing on the matter I don’t think. Was definitely in a bag of booze funk. Happening more than it should these days but hey. 

@Schnitzel

100% keep your homie on the line just to let him know you’re there if nothing at all. That’s a tuff one. Also depends on how tight you are imo. Sounds pretty serious though and just to be a good sport it would probably mean something to somebody if you tried to throw the assist in getting dude some form of help. 

• Like 1

On 10/15/2021 at 9:56 PM, Dark_Knight said:

@NightmareOnElmStreet stop the booze and hit the weights. You only 2 hours away I’ll hit the gym with you lol

Likely to never ever happen but this week has definitely been kind of a game changer in my day to day. Big time working on the cut backs in the ways I can control. Weekends are usually heavily loaded with beers. Had 2 since after work Friday. Bit more few of these light weeks and I’m hoping on a new lighter habit. As for the gym. Whoooochyld ideknow. I had one member ship years sago to LA to and I deck where the story 

@ndv I have never gone out of my way to watch a tractor pull. That being said, I have caught and watched exactly 3 tractor pulls on tv as a kid when I was sick. Also when I was a kid living in Germany, I had some authentic Race car trading cards. There was a tractor series with stats like vehicle weight, torque, kph, shit was bad ass.

• Like 1
  • Props 1

1 hour ago, mr.yuck said:

@ndv I have never gone out of my way to watch a tractor pull. That being said, I have caught and watched exactly 3 tractor pulls on tv as a kid when I was sick. Also when I was a kid living in Germany, I had some authentic Race car trading cards. There was a tractor series with stats like vehicle weight, torque, kph, shit was bad ass.

You, sir. Have a colorful past I’ve gathered lol. 

Another Sunday gone. Another work week begins. Haven’t done a damn thing actual work wise in 2 weeks. Time to hit the grind my dudes. 

• Like 1
  • Truth 2

17 minutes ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

You, sir. Have a colorful past I’ve gathered lol. 

Another Sunday gone. Another work week begins. Haven’t done a damn thing actual work wise in 2 weeks. Time to hit the grind my dudes. 

Thats what I’m talking about. This whole past year has been so fucked up, every project manager I had been working for, they all quit at the same time and left me standing around holding my dick for months. I finally got back to work for real a few weeks ago

• Like 2

It was kinda weird a second there during my off time. Felt like fuck it lol. Then all of a sudden today I just woke up ready. I reckon mf’s need more reset time even if you don’t know it. Or want it. It’s also kind of chill knowing that I played my game the way I planned to in the beginning of starting off on my own. Work work work, chill, pick up new jobs, and repeat. 2 weeks and the calls and emails were still rollin. Bless up. 

• Truth 1

Bruh Dude I. Ain't did shit I'm a year but next month coming up and I'm moving to a good place for four hunnid a month and saving four hunnid in cash so I can get fresh and get shit for my next housing. I'ma try to stay loaded on Adderall and energy drinks.

• Truth 1

45 minutes ago, Dark_Knight said:

Finally pulling the trigger and quitting my job. Planned it for end or November and I’m going to go to Europe for 10 days immediately after. My job is fun but damn do the hours suck 

Prostitution is not a job.  But atheist you can take your work with you. 

• LOL! 1

4 hours ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

That’s what’s up! You got a game plan or just Europe then wing nut..? @Dark_Knight

may manage the gym I go to. Picked up a front desk shift for a free membership a few months back. Hopefully that lines up. Pay cut will be an adjustment but I just want enough to pay bills and have fun sometimes. 

• Like 1