The general discussion thread within our general discussion.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Lol. To be completely transparent I only leave favorable reviews for small companies and local businesses or I just don’t leave one at all. 

I only leave bad reviews for fast food. It’s usually a picture of my half full fries or my upside down bun accompanied by a comment like “this isn’t worth $15 an hour”. And the only reason I do this for fast food is because it just doesn’t matter. You know how hard it is to get fired from fast food? Lol. That’s a whole different conversation, though.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/16/2021 at 9:53 PM, mr.yuck said:

Heyyo. To all you self employeds out there, do you have a problem with customers not leaving reviews after job is complete? I have had customers go on and on and on about how great everything was and how great we are and I’m like cool cool cool type that shit into google. And they just don’t. You can do it from your phone. It will take you less than 2 minutes while we are standing here bullshitting about your ugly dog or what ever. 

Or do y’all just not care?

Definitely do not forget to straight up send those links, my guy. i've been pretty on point with that shit right up until a couple months ago. I guess i got a little too comfortable with the influx of work coming my way now. I have a little note saved in my shit that i copy paste to each client the day i wrap which basically says if youre 100% satisfied with my work please leave a review at (insert google and thumbtack links). I make sure to throw that happiness percentage in there too cause i hope it deters someone from pulling up on a shitty one like they gotta think about it a second and decide lol. 100% of my people thus far have been 5 star complementary. 1 lady gave me a 4.5 and then kept asking me to come back for more. that was near 2 years ago and i still havent hit her back. stank stupid ass bitch. she probably did it on accident. Glad i found this chat though cause i really been slippin at sending those out. 

• Like 1
  • Props 3
  • LOL! 1

On 9/16/2021 at 10:31 PM, ~KRYLON2~ said:

tell your customers you'll take $20 off the bill if they leave a review, worked wonders for me back in the day

i tried this approach early on (been about 2 years) and it seemed to work ok but then also just stupid, so i quit. In the small chance i catch a shit review or even mediocre i for damn sure dont wanna pay for it lol. 

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

On 9/18/2021 at 11:57 AM, mr.yuck said:

Lol. To be completely transparent I only leave favorable reviews for small companies and local businesses or I just don’t leave one at all. 

I only leave bad reviews for fast food. It’s usually a picture of my half full fries or my upside down bun accompanied by a comment like “this isn’t worth $15 an hour”. And the only reason I do this for fast food is because it just doesn’t matter. You know how hard it is to get fired from fast food? Lol. That’s a whole different conversation, though.

100% a review leaver if i have to. Great or Bad. no in between to bother with. reminds me to go leave this asian bbq lady and her food truck a fuckin five star. 

• Like 1
  • Props 1

8 hours ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

So naw, then….lol nobody knows wtf is with these badges though

I’m on another forum that has these badges too. Depending on what you unlock it lets you do more shit on the forum like pms or being limited to a lower post count. I think it’s all designed to keep people from starting alternate troll accounts and flaming the dog shit out of the boards.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, ndv said:

@Kults how's the no smoking 🚭  campaign coming along?

Still at it. Had one awhile back but it didn’t taste how i remembered it. Pretty gross after you’ve gotten it out of your system. I swapped out the JUUL for those new heat sticks though. They’re basically vaping real tobacco, none of the chemical shit in JUUL pods

8FDC064D-971E-415A-A72B-51EB3BB84E42.webp

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Kults said:

Still at it. Had one awhile back but it didn’t taste how i remembered it. Pretty gross after you’ve gotten it out of your system. I swapped out the JUUL for those new heat sticks though. They’re basically vaping real tobacco, none of the chemical shit in JUUL pods

8FDC064D-971E-415A-A72B-51EB3BB84E42.webp

SO GREAT TOPIC GUYISE. 

After 6 years. I broke the chains. 
I’ve felt it coming along for a couple of months now and didn’t really see a way around it. Anyhow. I smoked one cigarette on my studio balcony a few weeks ago. Then 2 the other night at the bar. Which was awesome. Thoughts. Still fuck cigarettes. They still make you smell like straight up dookie ass that ain’t been washed. For like days is what it felt like no matter how much a nigga scrub a dub dubbed. Like really in the fingernails with a brush. And mustache too. Shit was still stankin. Either way mannn, gahhhd dammit I missed a good bar cigarette. I think I might end up a every now and again guy at the bar but who knows. I hate smellin fonky. It’s terrible. 

• Like 1
  • Props 1
  • LOL! 2

26 minutes ago, morton said:

One of the flaws on your plan is that if you go a good long while without smoking if you tear into a pack you will get nicotine sickness to amplify the hangover. 

^ This is incredibly true. I rarely drink, but when I do I chain smoke cigs Bc I like to make all my poor decisions in one sitting. Hang overs are brutal. Worse than I ever had when I was a regular smoker. Prepare for anxiety and self loathing for 48 hours after.

• Like 1
  • Truth 1
  • LOL! 1

I am unfortunately kind of always drinking so although I do get hangovers and really bad ones on occasion I don’t recall smokes making it any worse. The chain smoking I used to do on booze for a night would usually just result in unbelievable levels of scust in my mouth and throat next morning. And I was NEVER the type of mf to wake up hungover or not and go straight to a cigarette. That shit is fuckin nASty. 

• Truth 1