The general discussion thread within our general discussion.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
1 hour ago, nicklesndimes said:

it worked for me when i was really feeling like shit one morning after a long night of passing around the bottles. swear by it.

It worked for you one morning? Get back to us after you have tested it on more mornings.

• Truth 1
  • LOL! 1

15 hours ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

I have never heard of this Apple juice cure. Pickle juice, yes. Orange juice, slightly. Never Apple. 

My only sure thing to get past a bad hangover is to down a lot of water to the point my stomach and brain are both saying what the fuck is all this?  Spew it out and then take an ibuprofen. 

Some people absolutely hate to puke.  I am not one of them, and I will do it to make myself feel better.

• Like 2
  • Truth 1

I never got hungover only drunk like fifteen times but alot and the worst is I pressed the bed and stole a PlayStation portable from my Mexican friend she said give it back but I kept it never even played it though got to thretnin my cous saying if he ain't give it to me we was gonna fight miss my coous now though wish he'd chill with me

3 hours ago, metronome said:

My only sure thing to get past a bad hangover is to down a lot of water to the point my stomach and brain are both saying what the fuck is all this?  Spew it out and then take an ibuprofen. 

Some people absolutely hate to puke.  I am not one of them, and I will do it to make myself feel better.

I've always theorized that the person who pukes at the party may be feeling better than everyone else because now they're wasted but their stomach is empty.

• LOL! 1

I’m also staging a lil mock set up of how I want to make the dogs a lil relief area. 
throwing some ideas around   Ive you tubed and googled and all that. Gonna cut the pallet here and there   Gonna add a large tray under. Some liner. Get some green like such in a patch and fill the rest with some  bark type mulch   Add a big  rock and a few bushes that can be easily replaced   Anyone ever make something like this? B2BE61A9-EF2E-4387-9E9B-DD230380DBAC.thumb.jpeg.bb5597986ce4d0a47705bc65589b4095.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SMdoubleXL said:

I’m also staging a lil mock set up of how I want to make the dogs a lil relief area. 
throwing some ideas around   Ive you tubed and googled and all that. Gonna cut the pallet here and there   Gonna add a large tray under. Some liner. Get some green like such in a patch and fill the rest with some  bark type mulch   Add a big  rock and a few bushes that can be easily replaced   Anyone ever make something like this? B2BE61A9-EF2E-4387-9E9B-DD230380DBAC.thumb.jpeg.bb5597986ce4d0a47705bc65589b4095.jpeg

2 hours ago, One Man Banned said:

A pawpered piss pad

I didn't know this was a thing until I started working for FedEx and a piece of sod fell out a box.  At first I was thinking to myself, "people are shipping sod now?  What has the world come to?"  Then I looked at the box as I was putting the sod back in and was amazed someone would pay for a piece of sod for who knows how much, but also pay for shipping on top of that when sod is .98 cents down the road. 

But hats off to whoever said I am gonna throw sod in a box, brand it as a potty pad, charge 1000x more and laugh to the bank. 

19 hours ago, ndv said:

I didn't know this was a thing until I started working for FedEx and a piece of sod fell out a box.  At first I was thinking to myself, "people are shipping sod now?  What has the world come to?"  Then I looked at the box as I was putting the sod back in and was amazed someone would pay for a piece of sod for who knows how much, but also pay for shipping on top of that when sod is .98 cents down the road. 

But hats off to whoever said I am gonna throw sod in a box, brand it as a potty pad, charge 1000x more and laugh to the bank. 

It's never been my type of thing, but especially in the city where grass is limited it has value.  Will also say that now being involved in dog rescue we have a yard for the dogs that's artificial turf with some of the features she's going for and it's pretty convenient as far as keeping the surface clean and general clean up.

13 minutes ago, Dskyse said:

My will is to get with all flat people and have a closet full of clothes and all the icp toys and a car. To have a place to stay that's four hundred dollars a month. And have all my kids visit and have all the abilities I'm portrayed to have now.

A53DEF88-5C7F-418D-B267-CAD06410FEAB.jpeg

• Truth 1
  • LOL! 1

11 minutes ago, nicklesndimes said:

@LUGRlol what is the origin of the picture of that man in a straw hat?

It’s from a video posted here of a guy in a car talking in an exaggerated east coast accent??? while the old guy delivers some bagged up food to go and hands it to the guy in the car with that look on his face. That’s how I remember it. It’s really funny. Which one of you posted the original? Let’s get a repost.

• Like 1

Customer calls around 3pm and leaves a voice-mail something about "kinda" urgent.  I couldn't quite make out exactly what was "kinda" urgent, so I call back to see what's up.

Customer asks if I could come pick up a part right now and have it back by 5pm. 

Bwahahaha, sorry dude, no way I can or will meet your time frame, should have planned it better by 2 days early.

What I should have said, "No problem, stay there I'll be right there!  And intentionally show up Monday morning. 

• LOL! 1

3 hours ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

You have 2 options. Die sleeping or die awake. Which one you gon choose??

Already done that whole dyin thing while awake-

con -it’s terrifying and exhausting 

pro- you have a chance to fight and is also exhausting 

2 thumbs down. Would not recommend 

• Like 1
  • Props 2

With notice awake, without notice asleep.

A family member had to make some choices along those lines somewhat recently. A bit of a quandary there as you need to be of fully sound mind to make the call and at the time of injection as well so you play a bit of shuffleboard there, trying not to cross over the line where you can no longer opt out.

The first snow of the year fell the morning after, their wishes were for a summer funeral on their birthday but then Covid hit and everything got put on hold and then again on hold. The ashes were only scattered a few weeks ago.

He was remarkable and unique and is missed. 

• Like 6

if you guys had a mate who seems to be very quickly progressing

from

"slightly cooked from years of drug taking"

Past

"grieving for his dead parents and slightly cooked from years of drug taking"

Through

"isolated due to 565 days living in emergency accomodation due to covid lockdowns etc, grieving his dead parents and slightly cooked from years of drug taking"

to full scale

" utterly bonkers, isolated due to 565 days living in emergency accomodation due to covid lockdowns etc, grieving his dead parents and slightly cooked from years of drug taking" madness

I received 51 whatsapp messages between 2:30am and 5:00am ranging from forced sterilisation and eugenics in NZ to the fact they trying to kill "his kind off due to them not perfect specimens" to all manner of subjects including his machetes, cannibalism in Mozambique, his toy hippo collection, the way the christchurch mosque shooter is shrinking as a man due to his incarceration and all manner of stuff.

Dude needs medical attention for his spine but he's so cooked he accuses every doctor of falsifying results against him and gets asked to leave most medical practitioner's offices.Apparently it's all a big conspiracy because the maoris want him dead.

what would you do?

luckily he's in NZ and I'm in Australia but I think he might need actual help.

and as far as dying what morton said

• Like 1

Having a friend or family member in crisis is very difficult.

I am not sure that there is any one right answer.

For me, rescuer safety comes first what that means is that I am only going along for the ride if I think I can help.

In your situation I think I would first talk it over with someone I trust, preferably someone who knows the other party. In the course of that discussion I would want to develop a scheme of what can be done, what can't be done, what boundaries are appropriate and how to implement them. 

I will not block your number for pulling that shit once, or without telling you, but I have problems of my own and not the budget of time for managing meltdowns from 0200-0500 on tuesdays.

• Like 1
  • Truth 4

@Schnitzel tough call man.

Those sound like some potential delusions and could be related to schizophrenia…..

I think unless someone has suicidal ideation best thing you can do is just try and engage with someone else close to him (parent,friend) etc

See if they are aware of his issues. Also I would definitely call your man back at a reasonable hour and try and talk to him, let him know his messages were worrisome. 

• Like 1
  • Truth 3