WHATS THE LAST THING YOU BOUGHT?

DETO

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I bought a pound of santo domingo coffee, ground, to arrive on tuesday.

Crazy how easy it can be to satisfy a whim with shopping now a days, sitting around and randomly remember having good, mass produced coffee in the Dominican Republic and grab the phone of the pocket and have it on the way for 12 bucks.

Now I am going to buy some nesprsso pods, them shits are expensive but I am hooked

• Like 3
  • Truth 1

5 hours ago, morton said:

I bought a pound of santo domingo coffee, ground, to arrive on tuesday.

Crazy how easy it can be to satisfy a whim with shopping now a days, sitting around and randomly remember having good, mass produced coffee in the Dominican Republic and grab the phone of the pocket and have it on the way for 12 bucks.

Now I am going to buy some nesprsso pods, them shits are expensive but I am hooked

We've come along way from the silk road.  

• LOL! 2

5 hours ago, T4M* said:

Fog Light Units.  I will be changing the middle light to yellow soon....

1673866988808.thumb.jpg.10229aa35f935364ee1160f6baed7c24.jpg

1673867153683.thumb.jpg.b0811bac5cb2216d9e10f4ce9f3b8665.jpg

1673867264343.thumb.jpg.c68d0511fc614721ee09426ef547aa15.jpg

I had a pair of yellow fogs on one of my past cars.  I started off with LeMans Yellow which should be in the 3000 - 3500k but was specifically looking for HID opposed to LED because I like the warm up effect you get from HIDs.  Anyhow, so the pair I purchased were more so around 2500 - 3000k which produced a more greenish hue which actually turned out to be way better at night because the little green light it produced its the yellow made objects such as trees, poles, houses, fire hydrants, guardrails and such stand out more noticeably in perifial vision.  Basically the green made the objects appear darker with gave sharper contrast from the headlights lighting everything up.  However, keep in mind this isn't to steer you toward HID because there are LEDs that produce this slight greenish hue as well, just something to look into.  But if you do go with HIDs then it is a MUST, that you SECURELY mount the ballasts very well and away from getting wet or you will be replacing the ballasts monthly. 

Let me know if you ever come accross a pair for a 2019 MDX stock fogs.  This has been a tough one for me amd I don't wanna use film.  

• Like 1
  • Props 1

This is kinda what you get.  Also picture your headlights on too.  

Screenshot_20230116_111700.thumb.jpg.0897f18d52df78f670acf98ec323bdd4.jpg

In the photo below you see how the drain hole and the line in the road has the black distinction?  That's pretty much the contrast I am talking about.   I felt that I could see better at night because of the contrast and it made me more aware of objects in my perifial.   Plus I also adjusted my fogs further up to illuminate further down the road.  But if you do, then notice glare from road signs shining back at you, your lights are too high. 

Screenshot_20230116_111540.thumb.jpg.b9a437b42b1d20aa0c77cc918232152d.jpgScreenshot_20230116_111505.thumb.jpg.6c5ec90928380c1dc4a0901663b61a06.jpg

Edited by ndv

2 hours ago, ndv said:

I had a pair of yellow fogs on one of my past cars.  I started off with LeMans Yellow which should be in the 3000 - 3500k but was specifically looking for HID opposed to LED because I like the warm up effect you get from HIDs.  Anyhow, so the pair I purchased were more so around 2500 - 3000k which produced a more greenish hue which actually turned out to be way better at night because the little green light it produced its the yellow made objects such as trees, poles, houses, fire hydrants, guardrails and such stand out more noticeably in perifial vision.  Basically the green made the objects appear darker with gave sharper contrast from the headlights lighting everything up.  However, keep in mind this isn't to steer you toward HID because there are LEDs that produce this slight greenish hue as well, just something to look into.  But if you do go with HIDs then it is a MUST, that you SECURELY mount the ballasts very well and away from getting wet or you will be replacing the ballasts monthly. 

Let me know if you ever come accross a pair for a 2019 MDX stock fogs.  This has been a tough one for me amd I don't wanna use film.  

Correct. My high beams are yellow and produces hella lumens. The purple lights are HID, rest is LED just for that reason to get a specific color. I ordered a "Golden Yellow" tone this time to see if there is any difference.

Projector Fog lights is a game changer, it fills the road with light pretty well. The old units I want to mount them in the grill sometime,  those come with a yellow tint, which gives me lots of options on what type of white light I can buy.

1673896719239.thumb.jpg.b39f4a2fc06d7aaaadf0f41df1873715.jpg

Golden Tone (soon)

307518896_Screenshot_20230116_132355_AmazonShopping.thumb.jpg.2c003645268d34d89c3cbd7a2d9a0447.jpg

Edited by T4M*
  • Props 1

35 minutes ago, T4M* said:

Correct. My high beams are yellow and produces hella lumens. The purple lights are HID, rest is LED just for that reason to get a specific color. I ordered a "Golden Yellow" tone this time to see if there is any difference.

Projector Fog lights is a game changer, it fills the road with light pretty well. The old units I want to mount them in the grill sometime,  those come with a yellow tint, which gives me lots of options on what type of white light I can buy.

1673896719239.thumb.jpg.b39f4a2fc06d7aaaadf0f41df1873715.jpg

Golden Tone (soon)

307518896_Screenshot_20230116_132355_AmazonShopping.thumb.jpg.2c003645268d34d89c3cbd7a2d9a0447.jpg

I like the yellow head lights.  They look really good.   I seen some bad ones were the yellow was yellow but poor lumens and looked gimmicky.    

That golden tone is perfect imo

Edited by ndv

1 hour ago, nicklesndimes said:

great song. from like 99-00. i discovered this one on dieselboy system upgrade, i believe..

They have a few on discogs for about 14 bucks to 30 but I'd rather not cause the shipping takes absolutely forever ..9 months in and im still waiting on this 2 lp vinyl of this album

There's a dillinja remix, and another track that had a sample from this album.

But my memory from 1999 to 2001 with all the music CDs and mixtapes I had from raves and the two raver music shops in Georgetown DC and another in Riverside California is tenuous at best.

My ass spent like 14 years trying to remember who did this track , and what comp it was on just to wake up one day in 2021 and remember out of the blue while taking a dump.

All the YouTube versions have the high end cranked the fuck up for some reason.

Edited by MOOGLE?
  • Truth 1

• 2 weeks later...