SERIAL GRILLER

Spring Break '92

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
grill and chill for life.

i got a charcoal grill which i keep on my rooftop and a gas grill which i keep on my balcony for quickies. love them both - both are webers. i bbq in the winter, summer, whenever. high gear though in summer.

i had a fresh ass weber grill. I had to retire it when i moved like i said up above. Plus is was starting to die anyways. using it all the time plus the weather started to take a toll.. Can't wait to get a new one thought..

I use to use Italian dressing to marinate my chicken.. plus a few other spices and herbs

BBQ teh behbeez. Bloodfart, that sounds awesome as shit. What exactly do you mean by foil packets? Things wrapped in foil, or...? Cause I do potatoes just wrapped in foil. Better than baked too.

Like this

Kitchen-Parade-2008-Week-26-Grilled-Vegetables-in-Foil-400-762505.JPG

halibut_packet_7.jpg

And I drizzle them with olive oil, then sprinkle on some of this

51glCa5ksGL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

51TJualfwgL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Or fresh herbs and always fresh ground black pepper.

You can also use the foil packet method to do any type of fish.

• Like 1

question about the grilled lobster - do they get thrown on the grill while they're still alive? i've done steamed lobster a bunch of times, and i use the alton brown method - put them in the fridge for a while so they fall asleep, then i do the deed. i'd be a little weirded out by a lobster banging on the lid of the grill though, haha.

and cosign tony chachere's!

no pan... put the flattened uncooked dough on the grill, when the bottom side is cooked, flip it (so the other side cooks), add the sauce/toppings, and cover so the cheese melts. i generally didn't have a problem with it sticking b/c i used the grill so much it was "seasoned", kinda like a cast iron pan. you could spray some pam or something if you're concerned about it sticking (just take the grill off and and spray away from the coals, haha)

• Like 1

question about the grilled lobster - do they get thrown on the grill while they're still alive? i've done steamed lobster a bunch of times, and i use the alton brown method - put them in the fridge for a while so they fall asleep, then i do the deed. i'd be a little weirded out by a lobster banging on the lid of the grill though, haha.

and cosign tony chachere's!

you can do this alive or dormant but this is the way we did the lobsters at my work during lobster summer. i'd have to do em in alive/nh cause i just didn't have time to wait for them to fall asleep. at first it was a little weird but i got used to it after the first 50 i cleaned.

081df.jpg

I've been really busy lately, so i just got around to grilling for the first time this weekend. Unfortunately, i have nowhere to keep a grill at my current spot, so i'm restricted to only grilling at my friends house. We try to do it up at least a few times a week though, drink some beers, watch some baseball, smoke some spliffs. Win.