SERIAL GRILLER

Spring Break '92

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have not fired up a proper grill for many years.

During my last move I got rid of my trusty Webber charcoal kettle due to lack of use. 

My current apartment does not allow grills but does have a propane number down by the pool. It is not much but this year I have been making pretty good use of is since the pool opened on Memorial Day. It is about a 500 foot walk there and there is no sink or counter there but I am a little fascinated with making the most of it. So far I have done steaks, teriyaki chicken wings and Lebanese wings. Tonight I am going to do steaks again.

Does anyone have suggestions for something more ambitious for a propane grill, can I throw some wood chips in there to make some smoke and do something indirect with smoke maybe? I am also thinking of some sort of beer can chicken or piri piri chicken.

That wood fire grill that titties for me posted looks like too much fun.

• Like 3

On 6/24/2023 at 5:13 AM, morton said:

I have not fired up a proper grill for many years.

During my last move I got rid of my trusty Webber charcoal kettle due to lack of use. 

My current apartment does not allow grills but does have a propane number down by the pool. It is not much but this year I have been making pretty good use of is since the pool opened on Memorial Day. It is about a 500 foot walk there and there is no sink or counter there but I am a little fascinated with making the most of it. So far I have done steaks, teriyaki chicken wings and Lebanese wings. Tonight I am going to do steaks again.

Does anyone have suggestions for something more ambitious for a propane grill, can I throw some wood chips in there to make some smoke and do something indirect with smoke maybe? I am also thinking of some sort of beer can chicken or piri piri chicken.

That wood fire grill that titties for me posted looks like too much fun.

You can definitely put some water pan wood chip situation on that thing for sure. I would invest in a large yeti roller type cooler also for your 500 ft walk if you don’t already have one. Even a little hand trolley to make it more chill. If you have wicked bad add like me I would lose my shit walking back and forth constantly forgetting shit lol. 

• LOL! 1