SERIAL GRILLER

Spring Break '92

NOTHING tastes quite like things cooked on a charcoal grill. With the lid closed so that smoky flavor gets into the foods. I find myself doing this once a week at least in this season. I grilled chickens today, and they taste even better as leftovers. I know even those of you who dont eat meat can appreciate. Tell us what you like to grill and what your methods are.

ribentry_23.jpg

• Like 3

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Haven't grilled in a minute. But we used to marinate a lot of chicken in those huge ice cream buckets with lots of beer and adobe powder. Then throw some green onions on top of the meat while cooking. Real intoxicated city/state park ghetto grilling days.

I have new friends that take it hella serious but have yet to experience their grilling.

Charcoal or hickory chips.

Corn on the cob.

Portabella mushrooms.

Fajitas in foil packets.

Potatoes with garlic, onion, and olive oil in foil packets.

Parsnips, carrots, onion and garlic with olive oil in foil packets.

Sliced zuccini and summer squash with garlic and olive oil in foil packets.

Boca burgers.

Eggplant.

Pineapple.

We have a grill on our back patio but it was here when we moved in and I used it for an ashtray last summer because I didn't want to grill on it due to being too lazy to clean it and not wanting to grill my veggie foods on something that meats had been cooked on.

We're planning on getting a new grill/hibachi this week and grilling in the park come weekend.

During the summer months, I like to grill out once a week or so.

I usually do a TON of various sliced veggies in foil packets and use the leftovers for a soup the next day.

I will also do a few packets of potatoes and onions and use those for breakfast tacos the next morning.

A couple of years ago my ex-roommates and I hosted a tri-state crew reunion out of our tiny apartment.

There were probably near 20 people sleeping in our 1 bedroom place.

I did all the cooking for the BBQ.

20 lbs of potato salad, a massive bowl of cole slaw, another massive bowl of pasta salad, three types of homemade hummus with veggies, three pans of weed brownies.

Then we bought a million dollars worth of chicken to grill, some other meats, and a shit ton of beer and Sparks.

I figured with all my work, I could leave the grilling to the dudes seeing as how I wasn't going to eat meats and for that matter--don't even know HOW to cook meats.

Out of about 25-30 dudes, none of them could figure out how to light a damn grill.

I was amazed at that.

How can any self-respecting male (especially a male from the South) NOT know how to light a grill and grill food properly.

<-------grillmasteroner

• Like 2

i was grilling some hot dogs and burgers maybe a month ago, and i had a bag of lays chips chilling right next to the grill. it was kinda windy so the smoke was blowing all over. so a bunch of it must have gone into the bag and shit, cause when i was eating the chips later they had a hint of bbq taste to them.

it was like the lays chips had been smoked, it was actually pretty cool. maybe i should pitch the idea and get rich.

Living in the apartment life Im limited to cooking with a tiny ass gas grill on my back porch. Gas sucks! It cooks way to hot even on the lowest setting. That doesnt stop me from getting down though. One of my favorites is the everything in the tin foil boat method. chicken, shrimp, potatoes and any veggie i can slice up covered in seasoning salt and thrown on the grill...hobo stew nigga

had both of these at my last place. when I have a yard again I'm definitely getting another grill and smoker.

4972919.jpg

weber%20grill.jpg

did alot of pulled pork and ribs. never smoked a brisket, but i'm interested in trying.

beer can chicken is mad easy and impresses everyone you cook for.

lonestarchix.jpg

(not my pic)

did lots of the usual stuff, burgers, pork chops, etc.

pizza on the grill is awesome... pick up a ball of dough from your local pizza joint, and prep all your toppings ahead of time... make sure they're ready to go because you have to work fast. once the flames have died down and the coals are ready place the dough on the grill and cook until the bottom half is nearly done. Flip the dough, load up the toppings, and cover... pull off when the cheese is melted to your liking...

this one was a little undercooked, i usually like the cheese more browned...

pizza-1.jpg[/img]

Magic Dust Rub:

1/2 cup paprika

1/4 cup kosher salt, finely ground

1/4 cup sugar

2 tablespoons mustard powder

1/4 cup chili powder

1/4 cup ground cumin

2 tablespoons ground black pepper

1/4 cup garlic granules

2 tablespoons cayenne

Mix all together.

Put in a tightly covered container -- but put some in a shaker.

Shake on your meat and vegetables to taste.

Guest 50million
had both of these at my last place. when I have a yard again I'm definitely getting another grill and smoker.

4972919.jpg

weber%20grill.jpg

did alot of pulled pork and ribs. never smoked a brisket, but i'm interested in trying.

beer can chicken is mad easy and impresses everyone you cook for.

lonestarchix.jpg

(not my pic)

did lots of the usual stuff, burgers, pork chops, etc.

pizza on the grill is awesome... pick up a ball of dough from your local pizza joint, and prep all your toppings ahead of time... make sure they're ready to go because you have to work fast. once the flames have died down and the coals are ready place the dough on the grill and cook until the bottom half is nearly done. Flip the dough, load up the toppings, and cover... pull off when the cheese is melted to your liking...

this one was a little undercooked, i usually like the cheese more browned...

pizza-1.jpg[/img]

i really want a smoker in my backyard. really bad. i know someone who can help weld one for me. im going to look into that.

Magic Dust Rub:

1/2 cup paprika

1/4 cup kosher salt, finely ground

1/4 cup sugar

2 tablespoons mustard powder

1/4 cup chili powder

1/4 cup ground cumin

2 tablespoons ground black pepper

1/4 cup garlic granules

2 tablespoons cayenne

Mix all together.

Put in a tightly covered container -- but put some in a shaker.

Shake on your meat and vegetables to taste.

when do you add the pcp?