The Beer Thread

H. Lecter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had this the other night. It was tasty and I usually dont drink Sierra Nevadas but! I will never touch it again....I seriously felt like crap the entire next day after only 6 of them. Gave me enough gas to fill a hot air ballon and kill an entire orphanage. And my windows dont work in my car! had to drive down the highway with my door open just to air out.

Sierra_Nevada_Tumbler.jpg?1279653163

I finally tried Ruination...and I didn't really like it? I drank it with dinner which was a mistake, but jesus christ just tooooo muuuchhhh hoppppppsss.

I completely burned myself out on IPA's for the moment.

My suggestion would be to wait a while, then try it again when you aren't burned out on the hops. Ruination is probably top 3 for me. If nothing else, you'll appreciate how well brewed it is when you're not burned out on hops, even if you don't love it.

I kinda did the same to myself with stouts about a year back, where I drank pretty much nothing but pitch dark, high ABV beers. Moved on to too many IPAs, and now I try to mix it up more often and not burn myself out on a good thing.

bearrepublicracer5.jpg

good stuff. also, everything beer....

http://www.thebeerinme.com

The Beer In Me was founded on March 10, 2008. This is where Beer Enthusiasts & Homebrewers Unite! Your source for Beer Education, Beer Forums, Beer Interviews, Beer News, Beer Reviews and more! Our goal is to promote excellent beer found throughout the world! From American Craft Beer, to Classic European Beer, to centuries old brewing in the Orient, to beers from all corners of the earth. We encourage you to become a regular member of our group and share your passion for beer with us.

TecateLIght-b.jpg

IM 100% AGAINST LIGHT BEER, BUT FAMILY PARTY OVER THE WEEKEND HAD MORE THAN 20 LEFT OVER TECATE LIGHTS, AND LIKE 15 NORMAL TECATES.

ALSO TECATE LIGHT TASTE PRETTY ALRIGHT, NOT LIKE PISS WATER LIGHT BEERS.

/FREEBEERONERRRRRR

i haven't tried american staple beers like tecate, coors and i think budweiser is piss and im sure the light versions of them taste even worse.

despite the bad things i hear about tecate i will definately agree that there are light or midstrength beers out there that don't taste like watered down urine. strangely enough one of my favourite beers is a midstrength called Rogers (by Little Creatures), it got a fuller body to it than most full strength beers.

strange that adding more water to a beer recipe adds a piss flavour in most cases.

i had the left handed oktoberfest and hated it. left a bad taste in my mouth.

there are others that i haven't tried but i'm a bit leary.

i've been drinking alot of victory stuff lately. the prima pils is damn good.

i can't get enough hops. to the point where things that don't have hops taste weird to me.

i always have to start out on low hops beers and work my way up throughout the night.