The Beer Thread

H. Lecter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking forward to that post!

Also can't wait for my new brew to be finished. Calling it 'Tits Out' because it's a Double Dark IPA (Double D). Even threw some blood oranges in the stand for the last twenty minutes to give a citrus push and a bit of interesting colour. Still a couple of weeks away, but it's going to be about 9%ABV.

Yes.

Word, if you felt like sending some of that my way, I'd be super interested to try an oncer's brew.

and on to the beer, in no particular order:

2009bigfoot.jpg

A year does well for this Sierra Nevada Barleywine. Not overly sweet, rolls off the tongue and mouth easily, and plays well for a california bitter hopped barleywine. Not much else to say. Solid example of the type.

2010Bigfoot.jpg

A hotter stronger version of the latter. Hops are very strong in this one, sort of prefer the subdued older bottle. Wonder if this will hold up as much as the previous in a year's time.

anchorporter.jpg

This is one of my favorite beers. So drinkable, so delicious, and so fucking refined. Balanced malts play off a great carbonation level to provide a dark beer worthy of a hot summer tasting. It's no surprise that such a delicious and simple beer comes from America's oldest craft brewer, Anchor out of SF.

AveryHogHeaven.jpg

Avery's barleywine is much like it's Californian counterparts. Not overly sweet with the hops shining. The Hog Heaven is good, but I prefer my barkeywines heavy and intense. Albeit this is a perfect example of the west coasts aptitude for incorporating a seemingly overwhelming amount of hops into any style of beer.

BarleywineTasting.jpg

Showing of all the beers we had this Tuesday night, BarleyWine Tasting 2010. Stayed up till 6:15 in the morning, got crunked, beer fairied a good friend (you wake someone up with a beer and force them to drink it immediately), poured a horrid beer through a brita filter as if it were vodka (made it worse), ate some stupid good chevre with crackers. A great night. From left to right: Stone Old Guardian, Chicken Choker, Rogue 2008 Old Crustacean, Avery Hog Heaven, 2009 Pike's Old Bawdy, Anchor Old Foghorn, 2009 Green Flash Barleywine, Great Divide Old Ruffian, 2008 and 2009 Real Ale Sisyphus, 2010 Sierra Nevada Bigfoot. Everyone except for two were good. The two atrocious ones were the chicken choker and the great divide old ruffian (that's the one that went through the britta). They are places in chronological order of drinking.

bellsexpeditionstout.jpg

Disappointing. I expected more from this. Got this in a trade, sort of decided I'm not gonna trade with them anymore.

more in a few. Need a break.