The Beer Thread

H. Lecter

hey chupa thanks for the milk stout recommendation that was good

i had that left hand 400 pound monkey much better than the oktoberfest but still had that awful aftertaste that i just cant put my finger on.

so far i have been drinking a lot of the 1.victory 2.great lakes 3.bells oktoberfest with victory being the best.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

beerxxx4.jpg

beerxxx3.jpg

beerxxx2.jpg

beerxxx1.jpg

beerxxx5.jpg

I was let down by the Wrath of Pecant and Fat Tire, the Life and Limb was a really good beer. The maple syrup taste wasn't overwhelming and the 10% abv was subdued by the strong malt presence. This beer was released last winter and I had it a few weeks ago, I think aging this beer helped quell the syrup sweetness that people complained about plus we split the bomber between a few people.

productpic.php?id=22

Might have posted this before but this shit is good, limited distribution. I'm not a big believer in aging shit, but I had the chance to have the 2008 and am drinking the 2006 now and I have to say you can tell that the taste does come out more.

shipyard_pumpkinhead.jpg

Shit is good on tap. Not the best pumpkin I've ever had, but pretty good on tap I tells ya.

maine_bluberry.jpg

Couldn't find a good pic. Black Bear Blueberry Ale, not good. This was served to me w/ some wild blueberries added in that gave he head a blueish tint. Didn't help the tast one bit.

Blueberry.jpg

Good on tap, had a little sample of everything they had to offer & most of it was decent.

No pic for what I'm drinking now- Blackstrapped Molasses by the Atlantic Brewing Company. Limited distribution around New England, possibly further, it's a 7.6% ale brewed with molasses and ginger. The two tastes really battle it out with each other as you drink it but seem to blend together nicely on the finish. They say you can age this too.