The Beer Thread

H. Lecter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tried this last night:

121341.jpg

strange stuff

This brew is a collaboration with two daring brewers. Here we have gone all the way and made a true (gruit) herb ale, there are no hops in this ale, only herbs. A beer based totally on historic brewing traditions, incl. the HaandBryggeriet wild yeast. Contains malted barley, wheat malt, rye malt, yeast and herbs.

tastes like meat

bacon, in particular. not bad, but i'll likely never pay for it again.

jolly pumpkin is nice. Haven't had any of their beers since I left CA.

Yeah, they are nice. Unfortunately their prices have gone up considerably in recent years (as have pretty much all beer prices), and that coupled with the fact we only get 750's here instead of six packs means I don't drink nearly as much of it as I used to. I miss Bam Biere in sixers.

Yeah, they are nice. Unfortunately their prices have gone up considerably in recent years (as have pretty much all beer prices), and that coupled with the fact we only get 750's here instead of six packs means I don't drink nearly as much of it as I used to. I miss Bam Biere in sixers.

I had never seen them in sixers. Crazy.

If you dug it and want to try one of the best smoked beers (the smoked malts are what give the beer that meaty flavor) with that bacon kick try Schlenkerla Rauchbier Urbock:

6349.jpg

used to have this at my old work. Didnt think it was a drink by itself beer...Drink it with a steak and some mashed potatoes and it compliments the meal so amazingly weird.