The Beer Thread

H. Lecter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oooooooohhhh. that sounds good.

I just found the ill spot in houston. Fucking corner store with the best selection I've seen since I moved back. It's awesome. He stashes cases and pulls em out a year or two later.

Had a 2009 bigfoot last night. Delicious.

Also put back a six pack of 2008 sierra nevada celebration, which, for as hoppy as it was, stood the test of time pretty well.'

Go D&Q Corner Store, aka The Beer Station.

Beer that is designed to be aged can and will get better, but generally speaking, once something has been packaged with a seal drawn, you will not get any aging changes. The biggest killer being light, then heat. So the only chance a beer has of aging in bottle is if it is an oldschool DARK brown bottle.

The beers that are 'designed' to be aged in the bottle are second fermenters, or 'bottle conditioned' - There is a large company in the next state from me that has made a Vintage Ale for every year since I can remember, and the amount of hops they throw at it (good preservative) turns out it lasts quite a while.

Finally, as blasphemous as it sounds, beer will last and age better in a can than it will in a bottle.

brewdog_taxidermy211_534.jpg

facingblog1_440.jpg

This blond Belgian ale is infused with nettles from the Scottish Highlands and Fresh juniper berries. Only 12 bottles have been made and each comes with its own certificate and is presented in a stuffed stoat or grey squirrel. The striking packaging was created by a very talented taxidermist and all the animals used were road kill. This release is a limited run of 11 bottles, 7 stoats and 4 grey squirrels. Each ones comes with its own certificate of authenticity.

brewdog is ridiculous (in a good way) I've only tried the punk ipa, I need to get my hands on some of the tokyo stout

I had a bottle of the dogfish sahtea and thought it was horrible, it had a syrupy intense sweet taste and I didn't get any of the cinnamon, ginger, cloves or black pepper. That being said I tried the Sahtea after a bomber of Great Divide Hercules Double IPA so that could have affected things.

My boy works there, that shit is next level, but the 32% at least wasn't that great of a drop. Still waiting on my 41% Sink The Bismark, at what will easily crack $1000 for one stoat, they can hang onto that, and I'll buy a couple of bottles of serious Whisky.

Either way, I think they absolutely killed it with this launch; I was definitely laughing when I heard they'd released the Bismark. Haha, crazy scots.

BrewDog drew criticism last year over the launch of a 32 per cent beer, which was later trumped by a German brewery that produced a 40 per cent strength liquor -- BrewDog then created Sink the Bismark, at 41 per cent.

I've had the whole range, excepting the aforementioned Bismark/Squirrel's and all the beers are good. I find it interesting that a lot of people perceive it to be a little operation out in the sticks of Scotland, while none of us would be able to understand a word the local shopkeep says, they still run a 24 hour a day commercial brewery. Their marketing team is a marvel. The 'Bashah' is probably my favourite from BrewDog, in collaboration with Stone Brewing Co. Grab it if you can.

Seriously.