The Beer Thread

H. Lecter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah dogfishhead pretty much pwns. the 90 min ipa is so delicious. and a nice abv. most all of their shit i've had is pretty top notch. Anyone try the great lakes seasonal lake erie monster ipa?? pretty good stuff.

LEMGlasscopy.jpg

i may have posted something about the lake erie monster a page or so back.

its a good strong beer. made in pretty small batches. i'd get it before it runs out.

OldChubCan_2010_3MarchSUPERCROPj.jpg

Just had this, meh. IDK, the 1st Scotch Ale I ever had (McEwens) seemed like it was brewed with fire and brimstone, this stuff seems watered down in comparison.

I'm a fan of it as far as it being eight and a half percent abv. and being sold for 3.50 a can at the bar spot near me.

just drank a newcastle and im drinkin a founders dirty bastard right now. first time ive had one, its pretty good.

Everything from Founders is dope. I just tried the dirty bastard for the first time this week.

yeah that new castle was aight. i had an o'fallons cherry chocolate the other night.... horrible. tasted like they just dropped a bunch of chocolate covered cherries in beer. this dirty bastard is pretty good tho. i shoulda had a smithwick the other night. seen them where i was at but figured id try somethin different

You from Missouri with the O'Fallons and all?

on a different note;

DSCN0063.jpg

torbreck woodcutters shiraz (free), finlandia vodka (free), one of my favourite beers and a new one from a brewery called Riggwelter called Black Sheep. pretty fucking nice for a thick dark ale, not my usual taste but after two pints worth at 5.7 i am enjoying them a fair bit.

got a carton of free beer, and the previously mentioned as a result of my brother's 21st leftovers. not bad at all for not even going.

2 pints @ 5.7 rofls. i hope you are a female.

i said i was enjoying them, strong dark beer takes a while longer for your palate to adjust, hence i enjoyed the second beer more than the first.

i hope you have something else to rely on in life other than your ability of logic because you're a fucking idiot.

Neck a couple of pints of 5.7% brew - not proof or ABW, but ABV% - and you're feeling pretty chilled. We're Australian mate, we know how to fucking hold our piss.

I'm hoping to try my first brew tonight, 7.5% double pale ale, dry hopped for extra love.

your home brew sounds great. you must work in the industry to know so much about beer? or at least be a prolific drinker. if it's any good you should send a bottle or two my way haha