The Beer Thread

H. Lecter

what would you recommend?? I've been to germany and drank a lot of weiss beers. Maybe it's just a personal preference, but I really don't enjoy them as much as a lot of females and amateurs do.

i would recommend witbiers, the belgians dont use hops in the same way as germans.

strangely enough a good article is on wikipedia;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wheat_beer

the bar i work has a micro brewery that does its own belgian witbier with orange and coriander, its fairly traditional and it's fucking awesome, hence why you might like them more than the german's.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have a brew called 'Tactical Nuclear Penguin', which is 32%ABV. It's pretty much a barley wine aged in whisky casks. If you're in Perth you can order from the IBS on McCourt St in Leederville. I paid a bit under $20 for the Tokyo's.

damn dude you know your shit, props to you. yeah thats the one, i remember the name now, not aure how i forgot a name like that though.

where you from?

I always call it the Atomic Pigeon, so don't worry about forgetting the name. My mate works at BrewDog now, good to know there's some WA flavour in the beer from Scotland.

If you get a chance, try the BrewDog 'Bashah' - It's a double india pale ale aged in whisky barrels, it is one of the best new age dark beers I've ever drunk. At a bit more manageable 8% as well.

From the same place you are, mate.

sort of a selection of beers i've drunk recently and enjoyed. except for little creatures, several cartons of that were had.

DSCN0057.jpg

malt shovel brewery (james squire) i got excited for a craft beer from a once craft beer brewery but it was was too sweet.

DSCN0058.jpg

and my favourite pint glass, weihenstephaner world cup 2010, although i dont give a fuck about soccer.

DSCN0060.jpg

Sorachi%20Ace_sm.jpg.jpeg

This now, sorry I could not find anything better for a pic. Their 7.6% Saison style made w/ a rare crossbreed of hops that has a lemon scent/finish. They describe it as 'sunshine in a glass." Sunshine is not the word I would use. It's kind of meh and pricey, get one if you have $ to blow and want to try something different, otherwise there are better brews with lemon in it. This is kind of like a good brewery putting out a brew w/ a taste of lemon pledge to it. To quote The Simpsons, needs more dog.

Mikeller is a bit 'hip to be cool' at the moment, but as long as you don't get caught up in the wank these are some top beers.

25214_383751934089_661634089_3566961_3964797_n.jpg

i got a chance to try the mikkeller beer that's made with those coffee beans collected from weasel shit - supposed to be some super rare beans.

i'm not big on stouts/chocolate/coffee type brews, but this shit was good.

/punintended

Drank this alot when i used to live in South Florida. It was a nice beer to mix things up, real dark, rich, and a nice real coffee flavor, also a nice silky texture with a mild carbonation.

pipeline-porter-2.jpg

Also this is a decent beer to let friends try out that may not be into many craft beers.

3678591969_87152fc080.jpg

coopers vintage extra strong ale. just the name alone sounds great, but the beer is actually fantastic. it's dark and full of body, fucking perfect for the shit house weather outside.

coopers makes some pretty tasty beers. their sparkling ale is perfect for warm/hot weather outdoor activities - bbqing and such. really crisp and easy to drink.

i got a chance to try the mikkeller beer that's made with those coffee beans collected from weasel shit - supposed to be some super rare beans.

i'm not big on stouts/chocolate/coffee type brews, but this shit was good.

/punintended

That's that kopi luwak that shit sooki wants so bad.