The Beer Thread

H. Lecter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

went to a pub last night where a jug cost the same as a good pint elsewhere, got fucking ruined. some radio station was there too, had a blind date game set-up in the most visible part of the venue and interviewed them on radio, fuck they were uncomfortable haha.

on a lighter note. i am in love with this beer, and it's pretty common as far as imported beer goes, may have to get a carton. it's a dark wheat beer with a smooth body and lingering finish of this rich malty flavour, it wins.

weihenstephaner-hefeweissbier-dunke.jpg

it came in a box of three beers and a pint glass shaped like...DAS BOOT! world cup release they are doing

picture1iqj.png

arcadia sky high rye

i liked this very drinkable

758.jpg

great lakes lake erie monster

9.1% but very drinkable. supposedly rare once a year batch.

delicious.

Saison de Buff

stone brewery, victory and dogfish head come together to make one beer

i was quite surprised to taste 3 distinct flavors each one tasting like each brewery.

had this last night. worth it.

DogfishHead_RedNWhi_04-10-2010-003.jpg

This was good. I had it a while back. I liked the idea of using pinot noir juice (and aged in pinot noir barrels) along with the coriander and orange peel. Was different but not too POW to the taste buds. I definitely nice Belgian white like beer with a hint of something special.

what the fuck is up with beer's changing their taste drastically from one try to the next. Last week I had a New Castle at a sushi place and was pleased. Tonight I skate to a bar, decide to try another and end up sick as a dog, shit tasted awful. and it wasn't like i was shifting from draft to bottle, this was bottle for bottle, drastically different. did i get one from a sour batch?

maybe it was the heat and the strenuous activity that made me sick, but it still tasted like shit.

what the fuck is up with beer's changing their taste drastically from one try to the next. Last week I had a New Castle at a sushi place and was pleased. Tonight I skate to a bar, decide to try another and end up sick as a dog, shit tasted awful. and it wasn't like i was shifting from draft to bottle, this was bottle for bottle, drastically different. did i get one from a sour batch?

maybe it was the heat and the strenuous activity that made me sick, but it still tasted like shit.

I'd venture to guess it was likely a skunked bottle.

Newcastle uses clear glass. Enough exposure to light and shit goes bad necessarily.

Drinking this right now. I've never had one before but im neither impressed nor disappointed, just neutral. It's has a small bit of sweetness and very light in body. Meh, would be a good summer brew where the point is to drink many of them in the hot sun.

celis-white1.jpg

beer-spec-doubledog2.jpg

Got a 4 pack of these last night, I only had one but I'm impressed by this beer. Very hoppy with bitter hints of citrus and a caramel malty taste. The 11.5% alcohol is definitely noticeable in the aftertaste. I really could care less about most flying dog beers but this and the Raging Bitch belgian style IPA are amazing plus the breweries local.